Irrational Games reveals BioShock: Infinite!

• 113 results
fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By fjordson
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yep, Bioshock in the sky.  Although, the "bio" part of the title is now kinda stupid...

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

and now the next installment will go even higher, and end up in space 

full circle

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Maybe i should finish Bioshock. :3

opivypunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By opivypunk

Looks very cool.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ch13696

I like it. Hopefully I'll be able to skip Bioshock 2.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@OmegaPirate said:
" and now the next installment will go even higher, and end up in space  full circle "
Oh shit, Bioshock in space sounds really cool, too.
Kev-Bot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Kev-Bot

Bioshock in space would just be Systemshock all over agian.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By blazerx9x
@FluxWaveZ said:

" @OmegaPirate said:

" and now the next installment will go even higher, and end up in space  full circle "
Oh shit, Bioshock in space sounds really cool, too. "
uuuhm, I thought dead space did that?
Pakorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Pakorn

This is not as cool as I wanted it to be.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By meteora

So that's why Jeff was going around with his twitter saying things like "Bioshock x Infinity Ward" and shit.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12  Edited By natetodamax

I can tell by the gasps that the character must be Jack from the first game. This looks really over the top.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Pakorn said:
" This is not as cool as I wanted it to be. "
Well that seems very much your own fault then.
eternitymemory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eternitymemory

Goddamnit, I really need to to finish the first two now. I don't know why I keep putting it off, because I really like what I've played so far of Bioshock 1, despite my suckage and current lack of ammo crisis. 

Also, this might just be me, but the video keeps freaking out before I can finish watching it. I'm very intruiged by the 30+ seconds I saw of it, though.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmegaPirate
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @OmegaPirate said:
I hope you are being sarcastic :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natetodamax said:
" I can tell by the gasps that the character must be Jack from the first game. This looks really over the top. "
Sky, top? Oh you!
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By WickedCestus

This is seems very cool. Robot Andrew Ryan (I assume that's who it is) reminds me of Robot Hitler. Also, I'll buy anthing Bioshock really, I just love that series so much. This trailer really got me thinking about what this game could be about.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ryanwho

Well it was either going to be in the sky or underground. They've decided to make Bioshock the game that takes place in elemental wrecked cities. They're doing their damndest to turn what was an interesting quirk in the first game into a franchise gimmick.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spoonman671

Hopefully this time they put as much effort into the gameplay as they put into atmosphere in the first game.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zidane_24
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Yep, Bioshock in the sky.  Although, the "bio" part of the title is now kinda stupid... "
Heh, Ryan just posted on his twitter: "more like SkyoShock GUYS AMIRITE"...I was really hoping for a new IP, though. 
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By buzz_killington

What does it have to do with BioShock, again? And yeah, it sounds like something Ryan would joke about. "It's like Bioshock... but instead of underwater, it's IN THE SKY!!"
And so much for "it's a new IP", am I right?

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheBlackPigeon

Make me throw mah Rapture in th' AYER.
Avatar image for deactivated-5997efb371d97
deactivated-5997efb371d97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@K3vinkha0S: I believe that is what the "full circle" implied.
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Sounds like a cool concept, but why call it Bioshock: Infinite? Its takes place in the air. Seems like a marketing thing so people know that this is the successor to Bioshock.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@OmegaPirate said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @OmegaPirate said:
I hope you are being sarcastic :D "
Actually, I'm not (even though I often am).  The setting in the original Bioshock was what made me love it so much.  I didn't like the sequel as much because it just became redundant at that point.  Having a different Rapture could make things really interesting, for me, and even though the concept can be shortened to "Bioshock in the sky", I think they can do some pretty neat things with that concept.  Don't you?
Avatar image for the_philosopher
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By The_Philosopher

Is anyone else extermely disappointed?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryanwho said:
" Well it was either going to be in the sky or underground. They've decided to make Bioshock the game that takes place in elemental wrecked cities. They're doing their damndest to turn what was an interesting quirk in the first game into a franchise gimmick. "
I don't see the problem, that's what Bioshock is, something different.. I'm sure if it turned into a military shooter you'd complain as well.
herreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By herreno

That was a pretty clever trailer. 

The highpoint was the looney toon way the dude fell after the lady got snatched.

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the lazy ppl.
flannelbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By flannelbeard

i love bioshock, and bioshock 2 (and surprisingly the multiplayer). while i was hoping for something new... i am happy to see more bioshock coming our way. great trailer. I think the whole in the sky thing is a great twist and adds a lot. 

bioshock is space sounds awesome! ;)

Pakorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pakorn
@EveretteScott said:
" @Pakorn said:
Well that seems very much your own fault then. "
Is it? Or is it just that Bioshock, while a decent game, was in all truth WAY overrated?

What I wanted it to be was the real GTA MMO, developed by Irrational, or something else cool to that effect (there were references to R* in the teaser page source)

Which is way more awesome than Steampunk Bioshock.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pakorn said:
" @EveretteScott said:
" @Pakorn said:
Is it? Or is it just that Bioshock, while a decent game, was in all truth WAY overrated?
 "
No, i'm petty sure you being disappointed is your fault.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OmegaPirate
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @OmegaPirate said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @OmegaPirate said:
I hope you are being sarcastic :D "
Actually, I'm not (even though I often am).  The setting in the original Bioshock was what made me love it so much.  I didn't like the sequel as much because it just became redundant at that point.  Having a different Rapture could make things really interesting, for me, and even though the concept can be shortened to "Bioshock in the sky", I think they can do some pretty neat things with that concept.  Don't you? "
I was more going along the lines of Bioshock being the successor to 'system shock' which was set in space (you probably already know this) and that after they've milked bioshock in the air they'll go back to system shock in space xD 

But yeah i guess if there was one IP that could make a different interesting setting aboard a spacecraft it could be this one!
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Steve_C

I love the setting and the steampunk nature of it all. Still, terrible name, and it just feels like they're riding the bioshock name to the bank.

Let's hope they can make the gameplay decent and the 'moral choices' be real this time. I was hoping they would be working on a new IP. I suppose I can be pleasantly surprised when the details come out shortly.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, how the hell is this gonna relate to BioShock? Just make it its own thing, it'd be better off that way.

A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow

the screens looked a lot more appealing to me

Pakorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pakorn
@EveretteScott said:

" @Pakorn said:

" @EveretteScott said:

" @Pakorn said:

"
No, i'm petty sure you being disappointed is your fault. "
 WAY overrated?
 WAY overrated. 
 WAY overrated?  
 WAYOVERRATED.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By Jeust
@ryanwho said:
" Well it was either going to be in the sky or underground. They've decided to make Bioshock the game that takes place in elemental wrecked cities. They're doing their damndest to turn what was an interesting quirk in the first game into a franchise gimmick. "
Looks like it. 
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ryanwho
@EveretteScott said:
" @ryanwho said:
I don't see the problem, that's what Bioshock is, something different.. I'm sure if it turned into a military shooter you'd complain as well. "
Um yeah I would. What kind of response if that. No shit Sherlock, if they turned it into a military shooter, I'd complain. They're turning Bioshock into a novelty. Its not different, its sequel-same. They decided what Bioshock is is something that takes place in decedent failed cities based in some element, even if its inconceivably improbable like the sky as opposed to underwater, which isn't inconceivable. Nobody asked for your opinion on their opinion, so feel free to not stick around just to shit on people who don't love the trailer because honestly nobody cares.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@OmegaPirate: Ah, got it.  I'm not too familiar with System Shock, but I did know that it took place in space. 

This is apparently the synopsis of the game: 

Synopsis 

BioShock Infinite is a first-person shooter currently in development at Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock (which sold over 4 million units worldwide). Set in 1912, BioShock Infinite introduces an entirely new narrative and gameplay experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky.

Former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt has been sent to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned in Columbia since childhood. Booker develops a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt must learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.    

Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By Turtlefuzz

According to the website, this game takes place in Columbia not Rapture. And you're a secret agent assigned to rescue a lady with psychic powers (Plasmids, or the equivalent). 

I think it sounds pretty neat. I'm looking forward to more coverage, I really hope this can live up to my high expectations.

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By s7evn

Was hoping for a new IP, but this might do just fine.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By WickedCestus
@ryanwho said:
" @EveretteScott said:
" @ryanwho said:
I don't see the problem, that's what Bioshock is, something different.. I'm sure if it turned into a military shooter you'd complain as well. "
Um yeah I would. What kind of response if that. No shit Sherlock, if they turned it into a military shooter, I'd complain. They're turning Bioshock into a novelty. Its not different, its sequel-same. They decided what Bioshock is is something that takes place in decedent failed cities based in some element, even if its inconceivably improbable like the sky as opposed to underwater, which isn't inconceivable. Nobody asked for your opinion on their opinion, so feel free to not stick around just to shit on people who don't love the trailer because honestly nobody cares. "
This is an online forum. You put your opinions out there and debate ideas. It's not so you can say something and not listen to any criticism. Stop being a dick.
Vash108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vash108

I really don't think we need another BioShock. I was hoping for something new.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

Trailer looked great, I am very excited for this game now.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#46  Edited By Raven10

All the people saying Bioshock in Space would be cool have obviously never played System Shock. There was a Bioshock in space folks. It just probably came out before most of you were born. Try going back and playing those games, they are awesome from what little I've played of them. You'll get to experience the first First Person Horror game ever made. When you are done with that you can go back several more years and play Ultima Underworld, the first game developed by Looking Glass, the precursor to Irrational. And then you can try Thief as well. Then you'll have played a whole bunch of genre creating games and technical marvels that helped define gaming as we know it today.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By MachoFantastico

Bioshock 2 made me realize just how awesome that universe still is, so I'm all for Infinite. Trailer was fantastic.  

Can't wait. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermike6 said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @EveretteScott said:
" @ryanwho said:
Um yeah I would. What kind of response if that. No shit Sherlock, if they turned it into a military shooter, I'd complain. They're turning Bioshock into a novelty. Its not different, its sequel-same. They decided what Bioshock is is something that takes place in decedent failed cities based in some element, even if its inconceivably improbable like the sky as opposed to underwater, which isn't inconceivable. Nobody asked for your opinion on their opinion, so feel free to not stick around just to shit on people who don't love the trailer because honestly nobody cares. "
This is an online forum. You put your opinions out there and debate ideas. It's not so you can say something and not listen to any criticism. Stop being a dick. "
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kmdrkul

Pretty slick trailer, I'm a sucker for the steampunk setting so this looks sweet.  But I do agree with the complaints about the name - I'm sure this game would do just fine dropping the Bioshock name, but it's not that big of a deal.  

Color me intrigued.  

Kind of surprised with all the naysayers already complaining about everything, though.  Oh well - leave it up to the snobby Internet community to shit on anything that doesn't fit their exact desires.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Raven10: Fine, I'll go play System Shock and SS2... if I can locate them for a low price.  Won't play any of those others you named, though.