Is anybody's Xbox 360 doing this?

JuggertrainUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JuggertrainUK

So ever since the 360 had the ability to install games to the hard drive, I have always installed every game I that I play. When you install a game to a 360, the console runs a whole lot quieter than when a game i uninstalled. Now normally with an installed game, my 360 is loud for a couple seconds after putting the disc in, and then goes back to quiet. However I have noticed that every new game I have played since Gears 3 and onward has taken like a couple minutes to for my 360 to quiet down after inserting the disc.

Anyone else notice this? is there a reason? or is my 360 just getting old?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@JuggertrainUK said:

So ever since the 360 had the ability to install games to the hard drive, I have always installed every game I that I play. When you install a game to a 360, the console runs a whole lot quieter than when a game i uninstalled. Now normally with an installed game, my 360 is loud for a couple seconds after putting the disc in, and then goes back to quiet. However I have noticed that every new game I have played since Gears 3 and onward has taken like a couple minutes to for my 360 to quiet down after inserting the disc.

It has to read the disk before it runs from the hard drive. But that only she takes maybe 10 seconds. 
aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By aspaceinvader

Its normal for it to this, its just the drive spinning up and then shutting down again. plus the disc is being verified during the process.

GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GiroMindTricks

@JuggertrainUK:

This happens with all games on the new disc format. Thats pretty much anything that came out in the 2nd half of last year. Is nothing wrong with either the game or the console.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@JuggertrainUK said:

Mine does this. It's probably for five minutes or so, then it chills out.

Mine is a 250GB Xbox 360 S.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

mine does that also. i think it's normal thing. i don't install games, but when i put the disc in it does it for a couple seconds.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Nothing to worry about.