Is anyone excited about Alpha Protocol?

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By JB16

The game is being made by Obsidian and they have made some pretty good RPGs in the past. But surprisingly I haven't seen much hype for this game especially when compared to other games like Red Dead Redemption. So I wanted to know if people are just cautious or if they just don't care?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I vaguely recognise the name, though I know zero about the game itself.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm very curious about it. I just don't know it can live up to a game like Mass Effect. 

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By kraznor

Very yes, have it pre-ordered.  Matt Rorie made it himself so I have some pretty high hopes.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Abyssfull said:
" I vaguely recognise the name, though I know zero about the game itself. "
It's an action RPG. Along the same lines as Mass Effect or Oblivion to an extent. Except your a badass spy with cool spy gadgets and stuff. Amazing idea for a game, but we'll see how it goes.
Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sanryd

I feel like I should be excited for it, but, oddly enough, I'm not in the slightest bit.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By canucks23

From what i've seen of it... it looks pretty rough. I'll have to see how it looks when it's out.

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ztiworoh
Before the delay last fall I was sort of excited, but that excitement is now tepid at best. I'll check the reviews when it comes out, and probably add it to my GameFly queue if it looks half-decent. Problem is, it reeked of being a Mass Effect clone which, after ME2, I feel like it can only disappoint.
JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JB16

Well I'm still wary as to how good this game will be, so for now I'm going to hold off ordering it on Steam. I'll just wait for a few reviews before I buy it.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By JoelTGM

I'm excited.  I can't afford to go buy any game anytime soon, but I really want to see how it turns out because it sounds very interesting.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Marz

Yah i was highly anticipating the game last year but it definately needed some extra time in development, i think it should be a solid game by now.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By sixghost
@ztiworoh said:
" Before the delay last fall I was sort of excited, but that excitement is now tepid at best. I'll check the reviews when it comes out, and probably add it to my GameFly queue if it looks half-decent. Problem is, it reeked of being a Mass Effect clone which, after ME2, I feel like it can only disappoint. "

That's most of the reason why I'm not too excited about it. I'm sure it will be cool, since Obsidian sort of specializes in picking up where the original developer left off(Neverwinter 2, KoToR 2, Fallout New Vegas, or in this case, making virtually the same game with a different setting.

Judging from the trailers and gameplay videos I've seen of it, they are trying to hit all the ME2 high points, and if they even come close I'm sure it'll be a game worth playing.

Also, a huge reason of why there's not as much hype for it as RDR is because AP doesn't even have a release date. When's the last time anything big even came out about the game?

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JB16
@sixghost said:
" @ztiworoh said:
" Before the delay last fall I was sort of excited, but that excitement is now tepid at best. I'll check the reviews when it comes out, and probably add it to my GameFly queue if it looks half-decent. Problem is, it reeked of being a Mass Effect clone which, after ME2, I feel like it can only disappoint. "

That's most of the reason why I'm not too excited about it. I'm sure it will be cool, since Obsidian sort of specializes in picking up where the original developer left off(Neverwinter 2, KoToR 2, Fallout New Vegas, or in this case, making virtually the same game with a different setting.

Judging from the trailers and gameplay videos I've seen of it, they are trying to hit all the ME2 high points, and if they even come close I'm sure it'll be a game worth playing.

Also, a huge reason of why there's not as much hype for it as RDR is because AP doesn't even have a release date. When's the last time anything big even came out about the game?

"

Dude where have you been? The game comes out on June 1st, and you can preorder it right now.
EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By EnchantedEcho

I am planning to buy it on the day of release, hopefully the game won't be broken with bugs and glitches.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By sixghost
@JB16 said:
" @sixghost said:
" @ztiworoh said:

"
Dude where have you been? The game comes out on June 1st, and you can preorder it right now. "

I had seen that date on Gamestop's site a while ago, but to quote the bombcast "June 1st is code for, 'we don't know when the fuck this game is coming out' ".

Is it really coming out then?

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JB16
@sixghost said:
" @JB16 said:
" @sixghost said:
" @ztiworoh said:

"
Dude where have you been? The game comes out on June 1st, and you can preorder it right now. "

I had seen that date on Gamestop's site a while ago, but to quote the bombcast "June 1st is code for, 'we don't know when the fuck this game is coming out' ".

Is it really coming out then?

"
When Steam puts a game up for preorder and say it will be available to play in "3 weeks and 1 hour" then you can be pretty damn sure that it's going to come out on June 1st.
DragonNinja789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DragonNinja789

Yes, very excited. It's an RPG and a Spy Espionage mix. Two genre's that I love.

TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By TheChaos
@DragonNinja789 said:
" Yes, very excited. It's an RPG and a Spy Espionage mix. Two genre's that I love. "
lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lmenzol

yeppers

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#20  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Well, considering Obsidian's pedigree for making bad (KotOR 2) to decent (NWN 2) sequels to bioware games, my hopes aren't exactly high, especially in a Post-Mass Effect 2 world. But sure, If it reviews well enough I might pick it up...

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy

I'm extremely excited. I will have to see what it's like, definitely.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Brians

Excited and nervous,

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jadeskye
@JB16: I was excited about it then i played Mass effect 2 and that told me all i needed to know, they can't touch the multi-path system.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Not a bit. The only RPG I'm looking forward to is Fallout: New Vegas.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Brians

Also it'd be great if it was good since spy games on the pcs are very rare.

benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By benitobb

Yes.  I am not getting overly excited, just because everyone is constantly saying not to, but I am certainly anticipating it.
Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ouroboros

All due respect, Obsidian is not an amazing development studio.  It destroyed, imo, KOTOR2 - especially since the game was released not even finished with mounds of extra dialog and text that never made in into the game, and also created an inferior NWN.  I honestly I am very scared as to how they handle Fallout New Vegas.  As for Alpha Protocol - honestly the game looks interesting outside of the horrible graphics, at least facial textures.  I am deploying a 'wait and see' approach and will absolutely wait for the reviews to post prior to committing.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Afroman269

Don't really care. If it gets good reviews then I'll take a look.

edge426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By edge426

yeah ever since that game informer cover a year or two ago its been on my radar.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By elko84

i'm looking forward to checking it out.  i wouldn't say i'm "excited" about it.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jadeskye
@Ouroboros: you seem rather knowledgeable but if you don't already know theres a mod available for the PC version of KOTOR 2 which finished it. added in all the extra dialogue and such. 

Very good too =) worth a look.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ryax

eh. it will be a late buy for me

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ch3burashka

I am fucking PSYCHED! Granted, much less so than I was, on account of how its near-release was fumbled by Sega (dumbasses...). However, I do believe the game itself merits attention, if only because it's a spiritual tangent to Burn Notice (go to "Off-Topic" for similar discussion).

Lestater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lestater

It's made by Obsidian, they're known for their sub-par sequels to original games they didn't actually develop.

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By applet0n

I am cautiously excited, trying to prepare to be disappointed in case.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By CL60

Everybody saying they are bad because of KOTOR2, how about you actually read into what actually happened with KOTOR2...

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By yani

I just wish they had given the main character a better look.  He just looks so bland and I haven't heard anything about character creator (hope there is one).

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ouroboros
@jadeskye: Excellent thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, I did not know about it but it makes sense that it would be made considering they have the dump of all the script and such.  I will Google it now, thanks friend.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jadeskye
@Ouroboros: No problem! surprising how much stuff got left out. it adds so much dialogue and side missions i was shocked the first time i played it.
Derecto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Derecto

Dont have the hype. will wait until it comes out. dont trust obsidian to much to buy the 1st day

Casshern1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Casshern1981

YES i can't wait to lay my hands on AP, the other game i want is Falout New Vegas
kingkorn69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kingkorn69

I can't wait for it.  Everytime I read about it it just keeps getting better and better.