Is Deathloop and Red Ventures in bed together?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

headsci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With Deathloop's perfect review scores, there have been rumors of payola. I didn't believe those rumors at first, but then today I noticed that Giant Bomb, Gamespot & Metacritic all have heavy ads for Deathloop. Since we now know that Red Ventures gets a cut for everything bought through ads on their sites, I wonder now if there's any validity to the payola rumors. Seems like they may be so, no? What are some other's thoughts on this?

Also, why is the Quick Look for Deathloop on Giant Bomb titled "Quick Look: Deathloop" yet on Youtube the same video is titled "Deathloop is excellent! Here's what it's all about"?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Hmmm. Blood is red. Red is in the name. Also adventure games? Ad... Venture? Follow the numbers! Read the clues!

swthompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The game's been aggressively advertised pretty much nonstop. I don't think you need to read into that when it showed up at literally every major game event for the last, what, two years?

Makes more sense to me that Bethesda just wants to get the word out about it, hence heavy ad placements. They clearly stand by the game but they may be worried that it slides under the radar.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rorie

@headsci: I think you should consider who founded the website before making accusations like this. Regardless, IGN also scored it a 10. It's a good game that we like and the advertisements on the site have no bearing on our opinions. Most of us don't even see them since we're logged in as Premium.

And we've been experimenting with other names for Quick Looks for a while now on YouTube. People who see them in search or stumble across them without knowing what Giant Bomb is most likely have no idea what a "quick look" is supposed to represent. We're (inconsistently, I'll admit) trying new things like titles that are more descriptive. No conspiracy theory needed.