Is it me or is the start of 2017 shaping up a bit too well for games?

• 68 results
Avatar image for nietzschecookie
NietzscheCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is it me or is the start of 2017 shaping up a bit too well for games? (539 votes)

All of them! What is money? 4%
Mass effect: Andromeda 46%
Horizon: Zero Dawn 35%
Zelda: Breath of the wild 35%
Nioh 19%
Nier: Automata 23%
For Honor 8%
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands 10%
Halo Wars 2? 6%
None of them (other games/ I always wait because I'm smart) 21%
None of them! No really, what is money and how do i get it? 6%

Which are you getting at launch? (Multiple choices enabled)

The slate is looking a little too good for the first three months of this year, which are usually the dry months. Which games are must buys and which are sadly going to get cut on your game buying budget, delaying your enjoyment and zeitgeist ticket until they go on sale. You must choose, there is no other way.

• 
myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The only games on the list that I have pre-ordered are Zelda (cause I need something for the Switch) and Mass Effect Andromeda (I love the ME games). I also have Persona 5 pre-ordered because I was going to play it anyways, but that game has been a known quantity since it was already released in Japan. I had Horizon pre-ordered, but cancelleed that because I'm going to wait and see. Also might get Nier Automata and wildlands depending on how they review too.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yakuza 0 is missing from that list! Just finished it and it was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've had in a long, long time. It was also my first taste of the series, and Yakuza Kiwami is now my most anticipated game in 2017.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

ME:A is the only one off that list I'll be getting in the launch window. Still cautiously optimistic that Bioware may course-correct back more in the RPG direction. I'd get Horizon Zero Dawn if I had a PS4. My brother intends to get Breath of the Wild on launch, but I've talked him into the Wii U version and out of pre-ordering a Switch (wait and see). Never been much of a Zelda guy myself. None of the others are really my jam, either, at least, not enough for launch prices.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It looks like I'll be able to keep myself busy for the next three months at the very least with Horizon: Zero Dawn (waiting for reviews on that one), Mass Effect: Andromeda (planning to get EA Access on PC later this month to try the service out, also get that discount on pre-ordering Andromeda and to play it early) and then finally Persona 5 in April.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The older I get (Plus with a kid on the way!!), the less games I have time to play, so I have to do so more cautiously.

Horizon Zero Dawn is a day 1 buy. I'm really hoping ME:A is good. I will be getting Injustice 2 & Red Dead Redemption 2 day one. Other than those 4, barring a sale or a spur of the moment kind've buy, I'm going to utilize Gamefly

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If ME4 and Horizon review well, I'll get them. Mostly I'm looking forward to Torment (already bought it) and South Park. Presumably that will come out in Feb or March.

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By sku

the heck is money my dude

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Over the next 2 months I'll be getting

- Switch
- Breath of the Wild
- Nioh
- Mass Effect
-Maybe Wildlands

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I'm cautiously optimistic about Horizon and going in blind with Mass Effect. I hope they are great. Those are the only week 1 purchases for me. The rest I might get on sale.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Seems extremely front loaded. Have no idea what is coming later in the year besides the usual suspects.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ticked ME:A, Horizon and Nier.

I might very well bail on at least one of them for launch but I'll play all for sure. But, other than Persona and Prey, there isn't much left for me for... most of the year actually. Not a whole lot on the late 2017 slate is calling out to me (outside of indies, because they just pop right the fuck up).

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This year already for me:

Tales of Berseria (which I've been loving)

Yakuza 0 (which I haven't even played past chapter 2 yet because Berseria has been so much fun)

Preordered Nioh, so I'm gonna skip Horizon until later on

From the list I'll also be getting Nier, Zelda, and most likely Mass Effect. And then Persona 5 in April. This is a killer year so far.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say I am one of the very vocal and 'can go into 2 pages why I feel so strongly' about the Mass Effect 3 ending being awful..and I'm still super excited for the new ME game. I will be going into the game expecting the Dragon Age Inquisition "MMO open enviroments with Ubi-soft inspired busy work, little story/character' outside of the big plot-events, so I know what parts to focus on and what parts I can safely skip/not waste my time on.

That said, I went into ME3 thinking the Multi-player would be that same kind of "I expect it to be not worth my time at all' and it was an incredibly fun experience which they supported for a shockingly long time without piling 'must buy season pass for multi-player'. So ME:A might well shock me. The certainly learned from the ME:3 multi-player and improved upon in in DA:I (in my opinion). And DA:I was a better game then DA:2.

I expect the new mass effect game to be good, potential pit-falls existing, but with the chance it might be amazing.

Oh, and Persona 5 gets a non-poll vote from me. Can't wait!.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#67  Edited By Tom_omb

Zelda is my next game purchase, no matter what. It comes out the same week as Horizon, so I can wait and see on that one, but I think it looks super rad. I don't even know when Mass Effect comes out, but that's definitely on my radar too.

So I voted for 3, but only Zelda is definitely a day 1 purchase for me.

doombeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Nioh (which I'm really enjoying), planning on getting Nier and then Persona 5 in April. :D

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#69  Edited By DinosaurCanada

Never been more happy to spend what little money i have on fake violence simulations, never been a better time

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Belegorm

I doubt I'll get them day 1 since I generally don't do that anymore, and also I haven't really been in a game playing mood lately. But I probably would get Nier and Persona 5 relatively soon. Horizon and Zelda also look like they could be good.

Edit: Oh Nioh might be something I get soon.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Amazon got the collector's edition of Horizon Zero Dawn back in stock with the fancy statue and I freaking love Aloy's design so I went ahead and preordered that which means, assuming the reviews aren't terrible, I'm definitely not getting Breath of the Wild and/or NieR at release.

Why the shit did they have to go and release 3 big ass games within like 2 weeks of each other?

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I preordered a Switch and Zelda limited edition because I'm a sucker. Zelda should be amazing, though.

There's other stuff in that poll that could be interesting to me, probably not in the launch window because I'm a busy person with a large backlog and also Zelda.