Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Premium Worth It? (564 votes)

Yes 79%
No 9%
Results 13%

So here goes. I'm a college student with no current income. I have about £90 in my account from stuff that I've saved up, and I'm contemplating getting premium. Having never been premium before is it worth it? As in, is the content which comes out every week(?) enough to warrant me to get premium, seeing as I have I don't have a large amount of money.

• 
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258  Online

Vinny has been playing Dark Souls and that alone makes it worth it.

You can just get a monthly account and try it out. That doesn't cost too much. I think they have a pretty good sale on yearly memberships every year, so maybe you could buy a whole year then!

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By superpow

Given the fact that you have no current income and that your savings are quite low, I wouldn't do it. However, if financial responsability isn't for you, fuck it and subscribe! The content and backlog is more than worth it in my opinion.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dacnomaniac Yep, go for the monthly option and see how you feel about it over a month.

ExiledVip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you like Giant Bomb videos and do you have $50 to spare? Apply answer to poll.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Yes, I think so. I prefer the silver membership because my yearly income is fairly static but my month-to-month isn't, and planning for a $5 charge once a month rather than $50 once a year is much easier for me given that I would probably spend that $50 elsewhere. I'm fine with giving the boys an extra $10 for their trouble.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Eh, I think so. I have a yearly membership and enjoy the variety in content and occasional early access. Also helps that I can help the site out.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spooking is pretty great, probably worth the premium alone.

Yillb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yillb

If you do decide that you want premium for a year wait for Thanksgiving (near the end of November) or the end of the year, they offered the subscription discounted (limited number) last year during those times.

That's when I picked mine up.

I'm assuming they'll do it again and it isn't that long to wait if money is tight.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

Yes, I think so. I prefer the silver membership because my yearly income is fairly static but my month-to-month isn't, and planning for a $5 charge once a month rather than $50 once a year is much easier for me given that I would probably spend that $50 elsewhere. I'm fine with giving the boys an extra $10 for their trouble.

Yeah I feel the same. But premium is really worth it the 5$ you pay for it^^

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Maybe? How much do you like watching wacky videos about video games? How long do you spend on GB?

However, in your case (the amount of money you have), I would feel a bit uncomfortable actually recommending it. Although, as has been mentioned, there will likely be a sale sometime in the not-too-distant-future.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The content currently coming out hasn't WOW'd me like in years past, but it's not All bad. (Vinny playing DarkSouls is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen)

But if you have a lot of free time and enjoy getting intoxicated then the Backlog of premium content is More than worth 50 bucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-63da6af5022c5
deactivated-63da6af5022c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. There was a bit of a slow period due to unusual circumstances last summer, but in general the amount of entertaining goofy video goofing you get for your sub is very much so worth it.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HermanBloom

If you have the spare time to enjoy the content then I don't see why not. There is so much they bring out, and for you to catch-up on, that you won't need to go out and spend any more money for a while.

My circumstances changed and I barely have enough time to play one game a month now, so it wasn't worth worth it when combined with low income, but if you have the time then it's well worth it.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#14  Edited By Kidavenger

I enjoy it, but if I had a limited amount of money, I'm not sure this would be a priority.

There is probably close to 1,000 hours of archived stuff, most of it is worth watching.

Godmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My fav content on the site is Spookin With Scoops and Unprofessional Friday, so it's definitely worth at least trying with the monthly option. I can also really recommend the BioForge playthrough (which starts on Unprofessional Friday ep-14/12/23) it was really funny throughout. Oh and the first Oculus Rift ep of Spooking with Scoops is priceless (10/01/13) - if you want to see a grown man paralised with fear :D

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Definitely. If you like Giant Bomb, which I assume you do, and you want to get something for yourself, go for it. It's the best gift you can get for yourself, if you ask me.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really think it is. That said, it would not be the first thing I'd spend money on. If you have the money to spare, it is well worth it (more than a lot of 60$ games).

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By lightsoda

I will always answer yes. There used to be a time when this site started, when some of us would've gladly thrown some money their way just to support them. I still feel that way.

Edit: in your situation probably not

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I voted yes but then read your post. If you have no income and no money don't buy a premium subscription for a website.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

To me, yes.

If I was in your financial situation, i'd say no and spend that on something more important.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes. Even with all their ups and downs, the duders always deliver on entertainment.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Load you last souls is great. So, yea.

pubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a normal situation yes.

In yours no.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just go monthly. It's like £3

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

To me, yes.

If I was in your financial situation, i'd say no and spend that on something more important.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happens if you run out of money? Basically, do you have to buy your own food. If so, spend your money keeping yourself alive.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dacnomaniac

@toowalrus: No I still have parents for food...haha.

Also. I decided to go monthly and see how it works out...

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Premium has never been better than the past couple weeks. Conversely, I suppose, regular has had better days. Not a lot of good QLs lately.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Load Our Last Souls is worth it alone, then there's UPF. And the incredible backlock of random PC games and Happy Hours etc

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

yes because this site is so fucking boring without it.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a big fan of Premium. I'll subscribe again next year.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

over 19k posts and no membership badge and this is your comment? hmmm...

QuarantineND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spookin is worth my yearly membership, all the other content is just a plus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Premium seems to be getting better & better lately. So yes!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just might be my opinion, but if I had to choose between giant bomb premium and netflix, I would choose giant bomb premium. It has its off months where content isnt the best, but it also has great months like this where you get LOLS, Volgarr, spookin, plus upf every week. Honestly, for 5 bucks a month, upf every week is worth it alone

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Load Our Last Souls is worth it alone, then there's UPF. And the incredible backlock of random PC games and Happy Hours etc

Yeah, the Souls stuff is excellent. Reminds me of the old Persona 4 endurance run: Just a couple of guys in high spirits playing an awesome game and discovering it together (well, in this case some of them already know about most of the game)

Unprofessional Fridays is what On the Spot always should have been back in the Gamespot days.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny has been playing Dark Souls and that alone makes it worth it.

You can just get a monthly account and try it out. That doesn't cost too much. I think they have a pretty good sale on yearly memberships every year, so maybe you could buy a whole year then!

I just wanted to quote this because Load our Last Soul is literally the best feature on this site and provided way more entertainment than 5$ a month. Also the recent unprofessional Friday, my god is it glorious.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i had little choice. i had run through almost all of the free video content when i subscribed. i think its well worth a year of absolutely hilarious content. also grabbed a second year during the discount-code-a-palooza.

i feel all cool with my cool GB shirt and knowing that i contribute. if gotten a lot of friends that would otherwise have no idea of or interest in GB, hooked too.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By Animasta

@ripelivejam said:

@animasta said:

over 19k posts and no membership badge and this is your comment? hmmm...

as I've had premium for 3 years, and just now having not enough money to pay for it, yes that is my comment.

don't be snide

(or are you accusing me of 'piracy', which is way more laughable)

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dacnomaniac

Well, after finding out my card wouldn't work I got years subscription just before reading the posts. I CAN'T WAIT TILL I GET MANUALLY ACTIVATED IN THIS MOTHERFUCKER.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I very recently upgraded to premium a couple weeks ago. I've been enjoying the hell out of it. I got monthly cus i'm afraid of commitment but i'm absolutely gonna renew this bitch.

Sucks that the last couple Unprofessional Fridays have been 2 hour long mail bags where they stop to eat candy for 25 minutes, but whatever!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Is it worth the money from a value proposition? I think so.

Should you subscribe if you're that low on funds? That's a judgment call but you probably have better things you should be doing with that cash.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, after finding out my card wouldn't work I got years subscription just before reading the posts. I CAN'T WAIT TILL I GET MANUALLY ACTIVATED IN THIS MOTHERFUCKER.

Welcome to the club, Duder! Make sure to mail in your "animal" sacrifice by the end of the month.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny and Brads stuff has my money. As soon as they stop I drop the subscription. The rest of it i can live without.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such a large backlog of stuff. Well worth it if you have never had it

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure it's worth it, but not worth more than half of your savings.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SeanFoster

There are times where I don't think I get much out of Premium, but lately between Unprofessional Fridays, Pathfinder and Load Our Last Souls the majority of the content I'm watching on the site is Premium. I enjoy Patrick and Jeff's Q&A videos too.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

If you like Giant Bomb content, then it's definitely worth it.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get a monthly account and then download all of the premium content. Then if you like the current premium shows consider getting it annually.

Also there'll probably be another membership sale around thanksgiving like there was last year so maybe just wait a month before you decide to go annual.