Avatar image for monsterobsessor
Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Fanboy

Try to make comparisons and you'll see it.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Yeah.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wrighteous86

Incredible Hulk wasn't that bad.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Fanboy said:
Try to make comparisons and you'll see it.
I enjoyed Prototype. Mostly because I could just cause massive chaos anytime I felt like it. And being able to use the different weapons was very fun. 
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheFreeMan

I haven't played Prototype, but even when watching some videos I spotted a load of stuff that looked like it was ripped directly out of Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. It was kind of surprising how much, actually.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Driadon

I think it was mentioned a lot back when it was first released. It's definitely a very very similar game, mechanics and all.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Wrighteous86 said:

ha

Avatar image for monsterobsessor
Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fanboy
@SethPhotopoulos: That would be my answer. You see, Bruce Banner and Alex Mercer are scientists that turned monsters by their own experiments, learning how to love in that state, and being hunted down by the military. The difference is that Alex, well as a human, is evil. Well, he just turned an already deadly virus into 10x deadlier, and when Blackwatch is after him, he unleashes it to make everyone die with him. That would make the Blacklight Virus, like Hulk who is resentful of Bruce, becomes resentful of human Alex when he finds out the truth.
Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Getz

you know what, yeah it kinda is.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By spartanlolz92

it would make sense considering there the same developer 

if its anywhere near as good as the hulk game it will be great.  im talking about the first one not the shitty movie tie in
Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By Deusoma

It was made by the same team, their way of doing a sequel to a successful game without having to deal with the fees and restrictions associated with tying the game to a licence. It's on the example list on the spiritual sequel concept page.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Silver-Streak

I'd say yes. This is really why the comparisons between it and inFamous are flawed. inFamous is a Spider-man but not game, Prototype is a Hulk but not game. They're definitely both super-power games, but don't really play alike.

Mastercheesey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mastercheesey
@Eujin said:

I'd say yes. This is really why the comparisons between it and inFamous are flawed. inFamous is a Spider-man but not game, Prototype is a Hulk but not game. They're definitely both super-power games, but don't really play alike.

I completely agree. The way you travel through the city's in both games are different because of the different type of power and destruction each character can make. Alex is evil and more destructive so he can climb up anything and bulldoze through crowds and Cole is a bit more heroic so he climbs on buildings so as not to disrupt the innocent civilians. 
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@Mastercheesey said:
@Eujin said:

I completely agree. The way you travel through the city's in both games are different because of the different type of power and destruction each character can make. Alex is evil and more destructive so he can climb up anything and bulldoze through crowds and Cole is a bit more heroic so he climbs on buildings so as not to disrupt the innocent civilians. 
I also think this is where the extreme hatred to this game spawns from since there was a war between Prototype and InFamous for some reason.  I thought the game was fun enough because of its destruction despite its many flaws.  It is a run around and fuck shit up game not a story based game or a fun traversal game like InFamous which a lot of people tend to compare it to (inaccurately) quality wise.
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#15  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Fanboy: Oh, wait, you're talking about from a fictional perspective? I thought you were talking about the gameplay.

I dunno, I guess the fictions are kind of similar too.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HydraHam

@Wrighteous86 said:

Incredible Hulk was Spider-Man 3 game bad..

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Moonshadow101

This isn't a new comparison. Many of the Prototype's reviews and early buzz compared the two.