Is the DSi a waste of money if you already own a DS Lite?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

Is there any substantially important upgrades that would make me consider buying one even though I already own a DS Lite?

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By subject2change

If you don't have GBA games to play, if you want to use the download store and if you want the cameras i guess...

Some neat little changes to the layout of the system otherwise, but in my opinion, no there isn't. If I didn't have a DS lite and wanted one i'd go with a DSi over a lite but thats because its "the new great thing"

Stick with the DS lite unless you can sell it for nearly what it costs new and just upgrade to a dsi

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Does DSiWare interest you? If not, you're probably fine sticking with your DS Lite.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CL60
LordAndrew said:
"Does DSiWare interest you? If not, you're probably fine sticking with your DS Lite."
I'm more interested in playing my gameboy games.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Yes.

I mean, are the cameras really necessary? I use it to play games (my DS Lite). Also I already have an 80 GB Zune so I don't need music on my DS either.

The only thing that can warrant the DSi a purchase are downloadable games, but I'm not really interested in those either.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MetalGearSunny

You can only record 10 seconds of sound in one time, and the camera is crap.

Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Gaius

If you are not at all interested in DSiWare then I would not recommend getting the DSi if you already own a DS Lite.

I'm more interested in playing my gameboy games."
DSi does not have a GBA port. (Just in case you didn't know.)

in my personal opinion, I am not that interested in the DSi being a DS Lite owner.  The screens are a little bigger, which I must admit is quite nice, but other than that, it does not offer much that the DS does not have.  DSiWare seems decent, however, seeing the games that are on there now and the way that WiiWare has come along so far, I do not think DSiWare is a great selling point.  I would stick with the DS Lite
Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercator

I bought a DSi because Game Crazy was giving $90 credit for DS Lites and mine had a broken hinge.

Anyway I love the matte finish and the new speakers. The thing is really loud. So much so that I rarely have it at max volume. Considering I got it for half off...seemed like a good deal to me.

All the other shit like the camera and little sound tools dont interest me at all. As far as GBA games I have a GB Micro that I love.

Its cool...and blue...what more do you need to know?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

It seems like a very minimal jump compared to the DS Lite over the original DS.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By raven_squad

Right now, yes. It's not really a necessary upgrade. But in the future when DSiWare is getting some top-notch titles, and more and more DSi exclusive titles are hitting the shelves, you'll be wishing you had upgraded while your DS lite was still worth something. As long as you have a GBA that is. 

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I think it depends on how often you use your DS, the DSiWare looks pretty cool, but you can't play your GBA games on the DSi.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60
ParanoidFreak said:
" I think it depends on how often you use your DS, the DSiWare looks pretty cool, but you can't play your GBA games on the DSi."
I mainly use it for any RPG I can get my hands on.
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By CenturionCajun

I won't be upgrading until several games come out I want to play and can only do so on a DSi. You have to ask yourself if taking goofy pictures of friends and downloading crappy games is worth paying $170 for.