Is there any way to track the videos and podcasts I've already watched?

sschulze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sschulze

I'm wondering if there is any way to track the videos/podcasts that I have already watched. It would be nice if they would go to the bottom of the list of videos on the main page, or have an icon listed next to the video title saying that I watched it. This would make it way easier to keep track of what I have/haven't watched. Even a more obvious way to continue watching your videos rather than having to be in the continue watching section. I don't know just overall ease of use thoughts for the website.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

The videos you've watched should have a completed red progress bar when browsing videos.

No Caption Provided

They should appear on videos on the main page as well.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Dixavd

@sschulze: Further to what @ajamafalous said showing the red-bar: under the "videos" tab at the top there is a "Continue Watching" option which lists videos you've started but not finished. Underneath that section is a list of the most recent videos you have finished as well. I don't think either of these include if you play the video via YouTube even when doing so through the site. Although you should be able to just look at your YouTube history for that if you have an account there.

sschulze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are right, there are means of tracking this information. I guess I wish the interface was a little more obvious and seamless between using the app and the website. Because I watch most things on the app and that data isn't being tracked on the website, which makes it frustrating to use the web interface and not have any of that data carried over.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sschulze: Which app in particular are you referring to? There are a bunch of unofficial ones (some that are even recommended by the staff) but due to them being by third parties/fans they may not send information back in the right way to affect the site's tracking data.

sschulze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dixavd I've been using the Giant Bomb Video Buddy app. Do you know of a different one I should look into?

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sschulze: Sadly I don't. But maybe you could pm @rorie asking if he had recommendations of how to utilise the new Continue Watching features when using the site and a phone app (or just on your phone) - I'm assuming the Video Buddy is for your phone (but insert whichever platform regardless).

Also, I know they are in the middle of updating the site so maybe they have plans for this.

duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By duke_of_the_bump

Google Sheets has worked for me so far, but I'm sure excel would be fine too.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Podcasts: Pocket Casts - Android, iOS

It will auto mark podcast episodes you have listened to and you can manually mark them

Video: https://www.qlcrew.com/

GB Community run website, you can mark videos you watch as watched, filter videos based on persons in them and games played etc