This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ChuckLee (9 posts) -

So i came across this the other day buried in one of my closets UNOPENED. Is this game worth opening up and playing just for the hell of it?
#2 Posted by ZenaxPure (2584 posts) -

If you like fairly classic style 3D platforming then it is worth playing nowadays.

#3 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4186 posts) -
@ChuckLee: Yes, it is completely different from the other Jak games. And welcome to the forums mate!
#4 Posted by Absurd (2932 posts) -

I love the Jak and Daxter games. PLAY NOW!

#5 Posted by LiquidPrince (17003 posts) -

It is a amazing but you could probably sell it for a hefty price, it if is the black strip.

#6 Posted by ToxicFruit (1922 posts) -

It is good as far as I can remember. Me and my friend  played through it 3 time together. Just by writing this I want to go play it again. cut the first part out this game was epic. great big boss fights, good platforming , nice story, lovable characters. So yeah you should open it up and get sucked in. 

And congrats on your first post :P

#7 Posted by vidiot (2891 posts) -

#1 Congrats on your first post. 
#2 It's a great, although not very original game.

Jak's first adventure more mirrored an open-world Crash game understandably. It's not until Jak 2 where the series began to get it's own identity, both from a presentation standpoint and mechanically. It's still a great lighthearted platformer.

It also is one of the few PS2 games to support widescreen 16:9. This is a great thing.

#8 Posted by Nock (254 posts) -

It was a great game, if you like 3D platformers you'll love it.

#9 Posted by Spike94 (760 posts) -
@ChuckLee said:
"So i came across this the other day buried in one of my closets UNOPENED. Is this game worth opening up and playing just for the hell of it? "

YES!!!!!! 
Absolutely! Great game. 
Also: Welcome to GB/the forums! First post about a terrific game- nice.
#10 Posted by Meowayne (6168 posts) -

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

I have played many platformers including all of the 2D and 3D Marios and Sonics and Crash Bandicoots and what not.

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is without a doubt and by far the best platformer that was ever made.

That is all.

#11 Posted by HAMMERCLAW (300 posts) -

That game is like a cross between a Looney Tune Cartoon, and The Ocarina of Time. You'll love the game-play and laugh your head off at the same time.

#12 Posted by SeriousCat (62 posts) -

Great game. Still my favorite in the series.

#13 Edited by ShadowFox962 (1 posts) -

I picked up a jak and daxter the precursor legacy game recently but the thing it is that its black and white with jak and daxter silhouetted and also the egg. It dose look like original packing with all the branding and licensing it also had a website on it jakanddaxterlegend.com

Can someone tell me if its just a random fuck up or is it a rare thing or anything that tells me anything about it

#17 Posted by gtb08 (529 posts) -

I honestly think its my favorite 3D platformer of all time.

#18 Posted by Paliv (235 posts) -

This is a fantastic game.

#19 Posted by steevl (535 posts) -

Huh. Thread started 8 years ago. It was a different world back then.

But I can confirm that the first Jak & Daxter game is still quite good! I replayed the main trilogy back in 2016. I'd rate them this way: Jak & Daxter > Jak 3 > Jak 2.

#20 Posted by Sarnecki (1322 posts) -

How funny. I bought this on Amazon on March 15th cause I found it for five bucks and have never played it, and it just arrived yesterday. So far I'm digging it.

#21 Posted by TobbRobb (6498 posts) -

One of my all time favorites! Good necro for once.

I love that game, everyone try it.