• 174 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

A new year means new (or old) games to play! What games have you decided to start playing this month? It'd be interesting to see what the Giant Bomb community is playing throughout the month, I'm guessing the community has a wide variety of tastes--and who knows, maybe we'll find something we might like that we never would have thought about before.

This is what I'm playing this month so far!

Mega Man (3DS VC):

No Caption Provided

I just finished playing this for the first time ever. It's incredibly hard and it kicked my ass so bad, but it was so much fun. I loved every minute of it, I'm quickly becoming a big fan (as you can see from my avatar now). So obviously, onto the next one.

Mega Man II (3DS VC)

No Caption Provided

Finally, I picked up Shadow of Mordor (PS4) on PSN during the boxing day/week sale.

No Caption Provided

I thought initially the missions were kind of stale but it gets better once it opens up more. The nemesis system is really fantastic too, it's probably the best new feature out of any game in all of 2014.

What have you been playing this month!?

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have fun with Mega Man! The first three are classics, though I don't remember if I got any further than MM3.

I played Dragon Age: Inquisition through the holidays and will likely be keeping at it most of this. It's a massive Elder Scrolls-esque timesink, and I'm not playing anything else right now, so I'll roll on.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

For now, I'm replaying FFXIII-2 on the PC. It's still pretty damn good.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

Happy new year! Played this month: Smash Bros. for Wii U, Hearthstone, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Luftrausers, Persona Q, Lethal League, Mount Your Friends, The Jackbox Party Pack... maybe too many.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm at the tale end of metal gear rising, then I'll probably play reach multiplayer till the witcher 2 gets released on games for gold

Based

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm finishing up Dragon Age: Inquisition and I played a lot of couch multiplayer games like Tetris Attack and Lethal League over the break with friends.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now focusing on Persona Q and Halo 4 mainly. Then onto Wonderful 101 and SMT Digital Devil Saga I guess.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@based: Oh shit, Tetris Attack. Amazing choice.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Used some Christmas money to get Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Captain Toad and Pokemon AS. Been playing all three for a few hours now and really enjoying all of them so far! Probably get back into Persona Q this month as well.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Halo 5, Tropical Freeze, Advanced Warfare, Spelunky. A good year!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Corevi

Finally got around to playing DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. I'm at the fourth case now. I really need to get a Vita to play 2...

I also beat Monument Valley, which was neat.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You should definitely play Mega Man X once you're done with the originals. It's probably the most perfect game ever created.

As for me, I just built a PC recently and I've already accumulated a huge backlog of stuff on Steam. Currently too addicted to Hotline Miami to play any of it though.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly stuff I didn't get a chance to play last year.

Advanced Warfare (which I actually like a lot), Guilty Gear Xrd, FIFA 15 (I didn't think I'd ever get into this game as much as I have), and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

I don't know why I'm playing Pokemon all that I know is that I can't stop. Please send help.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By jiggajoe14

Ive beaten attack of the Friday monsters & Kirby's epic Yarn. Started and played about an hour-ish of Yakuza 3, which I'll jump into more tomorrow.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Runner2 and Shadow Warrior. Completed Year Walk yesterday. Next on the list Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence!

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Arkham Origins (not as bad as I was led to believe) and Dragon Age Inquisition. Hoping to beat both before GTAV releases on PC on the 27th.

Mainwaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mainwaring

I've been finishing Shadow Warrior! As much as I enjoy it, I'm glad it's almost at an end as it's really starting to drag. Especially with the tedious multi-Warlord/Shaman encounters.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much at the moment. Still playing a bunch of Destiny, hoping to work up to doing Crota's End. Doing all the side stuff in Unity and Far Cry 4 (still have to beat the main story in that too). Been meaning to get back into Inquisition. Slowed down on but still casually play GG Xrd and USFIV. With the Steam Sale I also picked up Long Dark, and South Park which I have started playing as well. Also planning my slow runs through FFXIII on PC and Snake Eater HD on Vita.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95 said:

You should definitely play Mega Man X once you're done with the originals. It's probably the most perfect game ever created.

As for me, I just built a PC recently and I've already accumulated a huge backlog of stuff on Steam. Currently too addicted to Hotline Miami to play any of it though.

There's a ton of variety being played, it's pretty awesome! This thread reminded me that I need to play The Wonderful 101 too, I bought it a year ago and haven't played it yet...!

I'll pick up Mega Man 7 and Mega Man X on Wii U, and I picked up the Mega Man Zero Collection for the DS.

No Caption Provided
superrabbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By superrabbi

Playing AC4: Black Flag and Advanced Warfare both on PS4.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing through Dragon Age Inquisition right now. It's the first time in a very long while that I've played a game for 60 hours without completely burning out. Having a blast with it so far. Other than that I beat the campaign for BF4 recently and I plan on playing the Evil Within soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Borrowed a copy of Unity. Ugghhhh.

Thinking of firing up Skyrim again or replaying Dragon Age.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

1. Lords of the Fallen - love it! Never played a "Souls" game, but this has made me interested in them.
  2. Alien: Isolation - awesome! digging the atmosphere.
  3. Dragon Age: Inquisition - enjoying it so far, but feel a little bit overwhelmed. Made it back to the War Table and a little confused with how it works, but overall having a good time.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Playing a fuck-ton of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Origins is one of my favourite games and while II was nowhere near as good I still enjoyed it more than everyone else seemed to. I'm about 15 hours in and really digging it, despite the combat being kinda crappy.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Halo 5 beta

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm finishing up Persona Q and Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Lots of Luftrausers, Broforce and Shovel knight. 2015's been pretty good so far.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Garris

Nuclear throne

Platinumed lego batman 3 with my son

Resident evil revalations from steam sale

Beat sunset overdrive

Forza horizon 2

Dance central spotlight with the missus

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Far Cry 4

Bravely Default

Just finished: Dragon Age: Inquisition (though 65 of those hours were from last year) and Shovel Knight (finished this up New Year's Day)

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After playing some Grim Dawn I've gone back to Path of Exile and FFXIV.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going through Super Robot wars Alpha Gaiden and Jigoku-Hen right now, with some fiddling with Super Smash Brothers ads. I'm also awaiting the january Update to Massive Chalice so I can get in that sweet, sweet hybrid class action!

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PillClinton

Far Cry 4. It's really just more of Far Cry 3 and Ubisoft's tired open world formula, but they do it all so well in this one that I just can't help but enjoy it. And it looks amazing on PC with my recently acquired 970. Plus I got it for free with said video card, so that's nice.

Oh, and one more, somewhat irrelevant thing: Uplay is actually pretty good. The fact that I can click the Uplay icon, then within seconds hit A on my controller to launch my most recently played game, then later quit Uplay (actually quit, not just close the window like Steam) by hitting B on my controller, all without even touching the keyboard or mouse, actually makes Uplay a better user experience than Steam in certain ways.

bleekmajeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Rocksmith 2014. This is usually something that I play everyday. Its a really great tool if you're into guitar.

2. Guilty Gear Xrd. Really good fighting game. So anime.

3. Shovel Knight. Finally got around to playing it. Its awesome.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Rollercoaster Tycoon during the steam sale, one of my all time favorites, so I imagine most of January will be cleaning up the backlog and building some sick coasters in Forest Frontier.

CottoneUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cook, Serve, Delicious is a game that I'm playing and that's still fun, as well as Shovel Knight which is amazing. Also, Persona 4 Golden on the Vita.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ripelivejam

Fantasy Fife, i mean Life

Dragon Age Inquisition (for which will probably be forever at this rate...)

Nucular Throne

That game where I browse through my steam library and with every other game wonder when the hell i got it and why

@mightyduck: i feel like a moron because it took the bombcast to figure out i had to send agents out on those little quests while i did the main ones/open world Hinterlands ones.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sleeping Dogs on PS4, having some good time with it. Certainly more so than with the last "GTA clone" I played, that being Watch Dogs. Sleeping beats watching, not that surprising!

Will probably move to Dragon Age afterwards and play around with that 'till Dying Light.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I've been playing more Dark Souls II. After I've finished it, I think I'm going to play Splinter Cell Blacklist and by the time I finish that, the Resident Evil re-release should have come out and I'll be playing it.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I'm currently in the midst of:

• The Starship Damrey
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  • Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
  • Mercenary Kings
Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haz: Good choices! Zero Collection is a really good get, though fair warning, the Zero games are all difficult as hell. (Thankfully they added an easier difficulty option in the Collection)

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Currently rolling with Dragon Age Inquisition and quite enjoying it. Should have Captain Toad turning up tomorrow. :D

DJMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid 4. I've been playing through all of them since Metal Gear Scanlion. I've beaten 1-3 already so now I'm making my way through 4. Really want to get the Big Boss emblem again. After that, maybe Dragon Age: Inquisition or perhaps KH 2.5

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only have a WiiU and 3DS (and basic laptop for non-intensive steam games) while at university, so I'll probably spend it trying out a bunch of new games I got over the holidays (my birthday is very close to Christmas, and as it is a time where I also buy the games I missed over the year, I end up with a bunch of new games all at once - which can be slightly overwhelming). Here are the games I'll be having in rotation, though which games I end up playing frequently I'm not sure yet:

I'd also like to finish Xenoblade Chronicles (at the end-game now), The Last Story (half way) and possibly play Pandora's Tower at some point. And I should finish Fire Emblem Awakening this year too. I have all my games I've brought with me in a display case, so I think I'll just open it up and see what takes my fancy when I have time to play, no specific plan for January.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vextroid

Jumbling between

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel on PC

Dragon Age Inquisition and GTA V on Xbox One

and Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright on 3DS

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished Burial at Sea part 2, thinking about picking up Dragon's Dogma.

Was really hoping for a Dragon's Dogma release on PC by now, it seems like the only console game Capcom is unwilling to do the port work on.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MegaLombax

Juggling between DA:Inquisition, Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition and Advanced Warfare. Playing too much of DA:I is starting to take a toll on me, regardless of how amazing I think the world is. Guacamelee turned out to be pretty sweet. Advanced Warfare definitely scratched my FPS itch and its also my first time getting into Multiplayer with real people. I gotta say, its an extremely satisfying experience thus far.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect 1 on PS3. Not the best port in the world, but I already played through it twice over the summer (and three or four times on the 360 since late 2007), and I plan on going through the rest of the trilogy since I never manged to play play 2 or 3.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lost_Remnant

I've been playing Assassin's Creed: Unity and....I don't know. Even with all the patches, the game still feels like it's being held together by string. I've had three crashes, the frame-rate seems inconsistent but bearable with it getting REALLY bad in a couple of instances. Add in a couple of other instances of all the audio in the game wigging out for a few seconds and then going back to normal. I've played more broken games for sure, but this game is pushing it. With Ubisoft touting how this was the AC to take the new consoles by storm, it leaves a very mediocre and occasionally very frustrating impression. The online co-op also seems to only want to work when it feels like it. At least when it concerns me and my friend getting into a game together, one day it works without a hitch, the next we either can't connect to each other at all or we get disconnected a lot when in a game.

I'm also baffled by some of the things it took out, like being able to whistle in haystacks or behind walls to lure enemies, not being able to carry bodies and the like. This entire game feels very slapdash. I make no bones about being somewhat of an AC apologist, the mission design has definitely needed better work for years and Unity doesn't seem to be a massive improvement in that area either. But it's one of the nicest games I've seen for my One and AC's combination of parkour and being back dropped in significant portions of history still does a lot for making me like the series, even when it has serious missteps. I didn't get this game on launch and with how it still feels really, really wonky is forcing me to wait on the next game with a healthy dose of skepticism.

This is the first Creed game to really test my faith in the series, AC3 had a lot of problems too but that game never felt/seemed as cobbled together as this one does. Also, the loading times in this game are pretty ridiculous. It really breaks my heart that Unity is such a hot mess, I really like the series, even when it's not at it's best but this game is making it really difficult to put up with the series short comings.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

Im currently playing Rogue Legacy and FFIV on the Vita. I actually stopped playing Persona Q, the final dungeon puzzles are too difficult for me.

jfunkhouser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly been picking away at Elite: Dangerous during the holidays, trying to find those sweet, sweet trade routes. Also Stick of Truth and XCOM: Enemy Within.