Jeff impersonates a band with gusto

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Does anyone know the unproffesional fridays episode where Jeff does an impersonation of an electronic band where he makes loud noises/screams in reference to their sound? I cannot even remember the band, it was fucking hilarious though.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I vaguely recall that. Was it Crystal Castles he was making fun of?

They were playing some variety of castle game from Ye Olde Tymes and I think they had a guest. Believe it was some time during the Spring.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By turboman

It was Crystal Castles and he couldn't be more dead on. (Edit: Though I do like the band, great live show)

Loading Video...

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By DeadpanCakes
Loading Video...

It was the dream gear segment. Couldn't find the archive for some reason, but it was 5/24/13 according to this video I found. (Found it, I had to search for it on google though)

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time code? Not that I won't watch an entire hour, but I'd like to hear Jeff's Crystal Castles impression.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RazielCuts

@turboman: Fucking Mary Wept. I really felt like Crystal Castles had something at the time, wtf is this shit? Talk about squandered exposure and 'talent.' If this is what they've done with it then I'm glad I haven't kept up with them. Progress your sound guys, fucking hell.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: Okay I listened to the song HT posted, this is kind've more like it but have they really not progressed their sound since '08 'Untrust Us'? I mean this is gradually better but damn. For me they were kinda on the cusp of something different at the time.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

crystal castles is awesome.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dream gear segement is a fucking classic. Or is it old enough yet to be considered classic? hell I dunno.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@cooljammer00: About 18 minutes in the archive I linked, and 15 for the video I posted.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jazz_Bcaz

Crystal Castles were the loudest act I've seen. Alice had a broken leg and a bottle of JD. 2011 feels much further in the past than it is.

Jeff and Ryan were pretty spot on.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Hahah, I couldn't make the connection at the time, but I know Crystal Castles now and I laughed so hard.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: Okay I listened to the song HT posted, this is kind've more like it but have they really not progressed their sound since '08 'Untrust Us'? I mean this is gradually better but damn. For me they were kinda on the cusp of something different at the time.

Their sound has definitely changed on the 3 albums. I say that because I like the most recent one waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy less than the first two.

The first album I found difficult but there were a few sounds to grasp onto early - it's become one of my personal sort of hall of fame albums.

The second album is even more challenging, but I grew to love it and actually find that to be my go-to album If I want to throw something on.

The most recent has kind of gone further down the extreme "distortion/songs that sound like you are recording what's happening inside a night club from the outside" hole. I'm not a fan of it at all.

I would say it's been a pretty linear progression, but it certainly exists. The first album actually sounds pretty simple by comparison now.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Alice Glass still a human mess?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaggE

I adore CC (although Alice Glass kind of bugs me... she's very talented and incredibly attractive to boot, but she strikes me as a very unpleasant person), and as has been said, Jeff nailed it. You could mix that impression into Doe Deer and it would fit right in.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CC seems like one of those groups that people hate kind of irrationally. maybe they reek of hipster or something but i think they're pretty great (as a band making music at least).

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thank you everyone!!!! Just made my night! <3