Jeff on a PAX reviews panel?

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

During the GB panel Alex mentioned a panel Jeff was on about reviews the previous day. Does anyone know if this panel was archived anywhere? I haven't been able to find it and the topic seems like it would make for an interesting panel.

BizarroRollins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also on the hunt for this, would love to give it a watch or listen, whatever's available.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Yes, if anyone figures out where to watch this with a time stamp that would be most appreciated.

Nbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Also looking for this, hoping it gets archived to Youtube soon

ejc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ejc93
UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

:(

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a real shame. For as long as PAX has been about, it seems they're just getting worse at organizing the streaming/recording side of things when really you'd imagine they'd be at the forefront of it.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I was lucky enough to be there. It was pretty great. The best I can tell you is that I thought about taking some cellphone video at one point. I don't know why all the panels aren't recorded.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah, it wasn't recorded. A shame because it was a great panel. We got a lot of insight at how "old" media like Gamespot am d IGN approached reviews, and an explanation at why Joystiq decided to abandon review scores.

Jeff wandering in late and out of breathe was pretty funny.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@slaps2 said:

I was lucky enough to be there. It was pretty great. The best I can tell you is that I thought about taking some cellphone video at one point. I don't know why all the panels aren't recorded.

Yeah, it wasn't recorded. A shame because it was a great panel. We got a lot of insight at how "old" media like Gamespot am d IGN approached reviews, and an explanation at why Joystiq decided to abandon review scores.

Jeff wandering in late and out of breathe was pretty funny.

Thanks for informing what went on.

PAX really needs to get on the level of EGX/EGX Rezzed. Comparatively, super organised. There's even an app ("EGX") that gives all the info about which games there are, where they are, and other details. All of the dev sessions and panels are recorded, and are livestreamed simultaneously on Twitch. Going to Rezzed tomorrow.

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuckin' bush league.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14 MattyFTM  Moderator

@assinass: EGX generally has one "panel" session going on at a time, and that session is usually one guy talking about a game. It's not hard to arrange the streaming of that. PAX has a ton of sessions happening simultaneously, it probably makes sense from a logistical standpoint to just stream two of those.

EGX is cool, and I'll be at Rezzed tomorrow too, but the logistics of PAX are on a whole different scale.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By monkeyking1969
@mattyftm said:

@assinass: PAX has a ton of sessions happening simultaneously, it probably makes sense from a logistical standpoint to just stream two of those.

No Caption Provided

I don't care WHAT, WHO, or WHERE that other panel was - unless its Jerry and Mike were in the other room- the Alexa Ray Corriea, Jeff Gerstmann, and Greg Miller panel was more important.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are nine different rooms that host panels; two of which, the Albatross and Main Theater, are set up for the official Twitch streaming. The Albatross had a Just Cause 3 and League of Legends panel, while Main would have been getting set up for Friday Night Concerts. There is an incredible amount of panels going on, and the staffing, technology, and bandwidth to capture all of that is no way financially and logistically feasible.

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand that it's a logistical nightmare for PAX and twitch to handle all the streaming. However, since each panel has someone handling the sound I wish that each panel host would go ahead and make an audio recording of their own panel at least. It's the panel host's choice, of course, but maaaaaaaaaan.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@drdarkstryfe: How many tens of thousands attend PAX, and at what ticket cost? I'm sure they could figure out a way to improve their A/V situation and start getting more of the panels streamed and recorded.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: True, but PAX probably likes to keep the channel count low for advertising purposes as well. Hard to sell advertising space at a premium price when you are spreading out content over that many channels simultaneously.

They rent out the entirety of the convention center. That has to be an enormous cost to begin with. It is obvious that it is still a profitable venture, since it keeps happening every year, but an extra $100k+ to have every room set up for streaming might put them in the red.

There is also the risk of having a very sub-par panel broadcast to an audience.. You can tell in their scheduling that they are very particular at what panels are in the Albatross. I would thing the happy medium would be to have the capabilities to have the audio recorded at the panel's request.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@drdarkstryfe: It doesn't need to be every room, it just needs to be better than it is. I'm sure they are making plenty enough money to reinvest a little of it into infrastructure.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Er, a Tascam DR-40 only costs about £150. The room is wired for mics and speakers anyway...