Just bought a joystick and need more games to play.

dfine321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just bought a Logitech extreme 3d pro to play "Elite: Dangerous" on and i cannot believe how much easier it is to control the ship in that game. it makes flying around actually pleasant (though i am still getting my ass beat in the team deathmatches).

I also have the old x-wing and tiefighter games that i have been using the joystick for (will probably get squadrons when it comes out in october).

Other than that, I have nothing to use the joystick with. I am looking for something that skews more arcade-like than straight up simulation as i don't really want to worry about the actual mechanics of how a plane works. any recommendations?

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No first hand experience but I believe the most recent ace combat was received pretty well.

Also War Thunder(f2p) is pretty enjoyable for being f2p.

dfine321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reap3r160: i tried to use my joystick on Ace Combat on the Xbox one and it didn't work. But I will definitely check it out on PC to see if/how i can set it up.

plan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear that No Man's Sky is fun to play using a joystick for flight and normal controls for walking around. I play on trying it soon(I also a joystick and HOTAS for Elite).

Side note: Elite has some of the worst menus for key customization I've ever seen. It is like their sole purpose in life is to hide useful information and inconsistently name everything.

dfine321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plan6: It is pretty awful, i think I had to tinker for about 1.5-2 hours before giving up.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like 6D games, I think Forsaken just got a re-release.

dfine321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dfine321: nice, yeah I was going to be surprised if it didn't have support.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

There's a modern successor to Descent called Overload, maybe that? Someone is also making a new Descent.