Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

hey what's up everybody?
I was wondering if I should get Borderlands or Just Cause 2. I really like achievements too.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

You SHOULD get both,  since they're both good games

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd go with Borderlands personally.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By captain_clayman

both.  but first get just cause 2.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Yukoei

Just Cause 2.

Callumrides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Callumrides

Just Cause 2

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Ravenousrattler

if ya like guns, shootin, and buildin your character go for borderlands, if flyin around blowin shit up is more your thing go for just cause 2

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Synthballs

Both.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Marz

If you don't have any friends, play just cause 2,  Borderlands is a blast in Co-Op though.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By penguindust

There will probably be a "GOTY" edition of Borderlands soon which includes all the DLC packs so you might want to wait a bit for that.  Maybe it won't happen, but usually publishers box up the original game at some point with the DLC to squeeze the last drop of money from the property before announcing the sequel.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By ProfessorEss

If you got friends to play with on a regular basis I'd say Borderlands - if you don't I'd say Just Cause 2.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gizmo

Borderlands has a heck of a lot of content even without considering the DLC. Just Cause 2 looks like it will get repetitive quickly, ala Mercenaries 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Borderlands is a long, .ng game. So there's that. Its great fun with a bunch of mates and the guns are really meaty. Haven't play JC2, but it looks like a lot of fun/.

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pinkshley1

Just Cause 2 son!

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By weegieanawrench

Eventually, you should get both, but to start with I would go with Borderlands. It's a lengthy game with plenty of loot hunting and shootin' baddies. Great fun. However, if this is a price thing, you still have a day to get Just Cause 2 for $39.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By mordecaix7

The other posters are right; Borderlands if you have friends who can play with you, otherwise Just Cause 2.  I haven't personally played Just Cause 2 yet but I do know that Borderlands is kind of meh if you don't have a couple of friends to play with you.

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Pkshields
@Axxol said:
" You SHOULD get both,  since they're both good games "
But personally, Borderlands is a game I could play for the rest of the year at least.
SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By SteamPunkJin
@mordecaix7 said:
" The other posters are right; Borderlands if you have friends who can play with you, otherwise Just Cause 2.  I haven't personally played Just Cause 2 yet but I do know that Borderlands is kind of meh if you don't have a couple of friends to play with you. "
I have to disagree - I played Borderlands totally solo the 1st time and had a blast (aside from grinding out the last level achievement). Borderlands is solid single or multiplayer - that being said JC2 is designed to be a solo experience and will probably have a more compelling solo narrative.
@PenguinDust said:

" There will probably be a "GOTY" edition of Borderlands soon which includes all the DLC packs so you might want to wait a bit for that.  Maybe it won't happen, but usually publishers box up the original game at some point with the DLC to squeeze the last drop of money from the property before announcing the sequel. "

If it's gonna happen it won't be soon. April 6th they're putting out Zombie/Moxxi DLC on a disc so it seems like a while till it's all bundled up. 
I think you'll get more replay value out of Borderlands - and chances are high some people out there will not like JC2 and sell their copies back, you could probably find it used and cheap by the end of next month.
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By xMP44x

While they are both good enough games, I don't think either of them are that amazing.

Borderlands: I borrowed this game off a friend a while back. And I'm level 28, on my first playthrough. The problem is that I'm so bored with it that I cannot be bothered continuing with the game. It's too repetitive. See Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation review for what I mean. Shoot Jason Voorhees. Rinse, repeat. Shoot stronger Voorhees. Done. Congrats, it was a boss edition! As for the millions of guns, you can safely say that the majority of them are not that unique. There are a selection of different sights and stuff for them, but that makes it the same gun, from a different manufacturer, that is a different color. Not a new gun IMO.

Just Cause 2: Well, if it's as exciting as the first... From the demo anyway, I thought this game was bland. No doubt, the graphics are incredibly nice, but the game itself isn't. Cars handle as if they're on ice, which is strange for a sorta tropical island. And the demo doesn't give you much of an idea for the full game. Aiming is nasty as well, I think. To be honest, if this game reaches below £10 on the pre-owned shelf I'll buy it. Otherwise, probably not.

So if you must get one of these two games, I would recommend Borderlands. The art style just about makes it through the comparison. Plus, you could pick it up and love it. I did to begin with as well.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By fugie7

it depends on you, if you like shooting and creating a character then get borderlands. if you like exploring and shooting things up then get just cause 2

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY

Just Cause 2 if you like high action fun. Borderlands if you like repetitive MMOs, terrible stories and stupid enemies. Also, do NOT get borderlands if you expect to play it alone. 

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MysteriousBob

Both.