Just finished Transistor and Steam World Dig...Wow.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fuzzypumpkin

I never got a chance to play these games, but the last couple of free game sales have been astounding. How did everybody else feel about these selections? Good for PS Plus?

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

The only thing I regret is not getting on the PS+ bandwagon earlier. In the beginning people be all like, "I'm paying just for a game subscription that I have to stay current on, and they last only as long as the subscription lasts? No, thank you!" Now, I think most people have wised up. This is literally one of the few times when the phrase "You're losing money if you don't buy it!" is factual. Unless you're buying a single game a year, you will be saving money on games and exposing yourself to others you may not have considered.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Ps + has been excellent for a long time but most recently I have taken advantage of it. BOI, Rogue Legacy on vita and The Swapper. Man, if you haven't played the swapper yet you absolutely need too. That game is simply astonishing. Anyway, I haven't spent any time with Steamworld dig although I did redeem it as I do for all the free games. Would it be a good game to play on a vita while laying down before going to bed? So far Rogue legacy has been that for me but since the cloud save is currently broken Im kind of out of options at the moment.

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sackmanjones: Steamworld Dig would fit that style of play perfectly. I got it in a Humble Bundle, and the whole time I was playing on my PC I was wishing I was playing it on a handheld.

As for the other games that have gone up on PS+, I've been really happy with the balance they've struck between PS3 and PS4. They've been pretty great about putting some of the hot indie titles on offer pretty close to release on PS4, while a lot of the older non-indie stuff on PS3 seem to always be games that I was fairly interested when they came out but couldn't bring myself to buy. Lord knows I wouldn't have played Binary Domain if it hadn't gone up on PS+, but I can definitely say I'm better for having done so.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I couldn't believe Transistor went up as a free game... I mean... it's not THAT old and I always viewed it as kind of a big deal.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the first time I have played Transistor as well because of PS+. I have been interested in it but just haven't been able to bite the bullet and buy it. Now I regret not picking it up sooner.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Corevi

If you have a PS3 you should play Yakuza 4. It's fantastic and doesn't require any knowledge of the previous games. Best use of multiple protagonists in a game ever (unless 5 tops it).

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Transistor is a great game. Steamworld Dig is boring. PS+ is a great deal, especially for people like me with a PS3, PS4 and Vita. Mine recently ran out though but I don't feel the need to resub for now. I have my friends account with PS+ on my PS4 and PS3 so I don't miss out on playing multiplayer games (on PS4) or the "free" games. The only downside is I can't redeem any of the Vita games but then again, I don't touch my Vita that much anymore and most Vita PS+ games are cross-buy with PS4 so I'm good. When something like Danganronpa or Ys comes to PS+, I'll resub for 3 months. Until then, I'm fine without PS+.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@zella said:

This is the first time I have played Transistor as well because of PS+. I have been interested in it but just haven't been able to bite the bullet and buy it. Now I regret not picking it up sooner.

For what it's worth, I bought Transistor like a week before launch because BASTION WAS SO GOOD HOW COULD THEY SCREW THIS UP. I now wish I had waited until the boxing week sale on Steam to buy Transistor, because while it's worth experiencing, I have enough misgivings about the story and characters that I would've preferred to only give the game like half the asking price.

So between me wishing I'd spent less money, and you wishing you had bought it sooner, let's call it even.

Steamworld Dig is legit, front to back, though.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I echo your sentiments about Transistor as I also wish I'd only paid half of what I did for it.

And Steamworld Dig is legit, happy to have paid full price for that.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I enjoyed Steamworld Dig on the 3DS a while back. Transistor was a letdown in pretty much every way.

I've been pretty happy with Playstation Plus, especially with Apotheon being on the list this month. That game is really good.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nophilip said:

I enjoyed Steamworld Dig on the 3DS a while back. Transistor was a letdown in pretty much every way.

I felt the same way but the gameplay really hooked me in a way I wasn't expecting and gradually, very gradually, I've come around to the narrative style of the game. More of a collage than a strong through-story. I don't prefer it to Bastion but I've slowly let go of my "it's a letdown" thing and appreciate it for the beautiful game it is.

But yea, I'm pretty happy with PS+ I feel like their free game selection has maybe taken a hit in quality since the PS4 came out but I could think of more than a few good reasons why it would. So there ya go. Crossbuy also makes me happy.