Just S-Ranked Fallout 3

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By INV2

It hasn't appeared on my Giant Bomb profile, guess it takes a little while, but man this was a task to do. That includes all 5 DLCs of course, and my final time was 160 hours to accomplish. I dunno if that is entirely "great," but it's a feat to get all the achievements for this massive beast of a game.

It's also my second game ever on the 360....yeah, I'm pretty late to this party, but I never really wanted a 360. With the release of the 360 Slim, I picked up a gently used Jasper 120 GB system for $100. So, I finally took the plunge and what a better way then to play "Fallout 3." This was truly a fantastic game. And now I'm really looking forward to "New Vegas" in October.

My first game was "Deadly Premonition," and I got almost all of the achievements, including all of the trading cards, but I just couldn't play through that game two more times, once is quite enough.

I'm on to "Limbo" now. Looks like a superb game.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By one_2nd

It'll update in a few hours. 

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

god damn thats a commitment son! 

Kudos to you for working so hard.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By landon

I got over 1000 points before I got tired of it. Congrats, man.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By RetroMetal

That broken-ass game robbed me of being about to get back into that "tree-worshiping" place to finish the quest there.

Still pissed about that.

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By INV2

Oasis? What happened? Awwww....you didn't kill poor Harold did you???

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By fisher81

Took me 172 hours (I had to replay the main story 3 times. Goddamned faulty hard drives) to S-Rank Fallout 3 and the DLC. It was a really weird feeling putting that game down for the final time. I went to all of the cities and bought a shit ton of food, then put it all in my duder's fridge in his house. I don't want him to go hungry you know 

In fact, I think I might go check up on him.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mrnitropb
@INV2:
Chu-rist thats a lot of Fallout. I can't imagine replaying it that many times. How many characters did you make?
RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RetroMetal
@INV2 said:
" Oasis? What happened? Awwww....you didn't kill poor Harold did you??? "
I didn't kill anyone involved in that quest.

All I did was decide I needed more Stimpacks and what-not before I was ready to delve into the quest... what will all those crab-men, or whatever they were, so I left to get some shopping done and when I came back, LOCKED OUT.

Apparently it's a known bug.
INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By INV2

Well, since I just accomplished it, it does feel very strange. It's a superb game. But I'm definitely done with it now. I think I was "done" with it at Point Lookout, which is a shame, because I wasn't fully appreciating the landscapes and the "little details" anymore.

I pushed through Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta pretty fast in comparison to the rest of the game. I even took the Explorer perk in Point Lookout just to know where the locations were to grind that achievement. Again, a shame, because I do love the detailed touches to this game, the dialogue and the landscapes, you can tell the designers really cared about the atmosphere and making it feel like a real world.

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By INV2
@Mrnitropb said:

" @INV2: Chu-rist thats a lot of Fallout. I can't imagine replaying it that many times. How many characters did you make? "

I actually made two charcters. Because I discovered later, very stupidly, that you have to get Good, Neutral and Evil alignments at levels 8, 14, 20, and 30. I didn't make strategic saves at those times to "cheat" the achievements by loading the save before the level up. So....my first run was at a Very Good alignment. Then my second run was a Neutral character that become very bad at certain crucial times.

It's worth noting that playing through it again let me get Sergeant RL-3 as an ally, which was pretty cool. The 160 hours is a combined total of my games.

@jos1ah

said:

" I recently S-ranked Fallout 3 too though my final game time was only at a little more than 50 hrs.  I ran into so many glitches (including corrupted save files!!), but it's still a great game. Dunno if I'll have the desire to tackle New Vegas since it looks so similar. "

Man, I have no idea how you were able to get through it in 50 hours. That seems impossible, but maybe I'm just terrible at video games....again, this was only my second 360 game ever. It's sort of funny, but I actually thought the quicktime button presses in "Deadly Premonition" were incredibly difficult, because I'm just so unfamiliar with the button layout of the 360 controller! lol

T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By T0mF5

Fallout 3 is probably my proudest S-rank. It took me well over 100 hours, but I am not sure exactly how long because I had over 400 save files and I would go back to one of those save files whenever I missed an achievement.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RetroMetal

160 hours, I used to think I'd never invest that many hours into a video game.

Then I met Battlefield: Bad Company 2... I've invested almost 300 hours in it's multiplayer.  I think last I looked I was somewhere around 280-290 hours.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Wow. That's something I'll never do. 

As for me, I'm probably a little past 160 hours, and I've probably only visited a little over half of the towns, and still am far from completing the game. Not to mention that I still haven't even touched the DLC... Yeah, it's gonna take me a reeaaaallllllllllyyy long time.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By mosdl

Begs the question - what game would take the longest to S-Rank?

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jadeskye said:
" god damn thats a commitment son!  Kudos to you for working so hard. "
fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By fugie7

congrats man, i just downloaded the pitt and about to start the it right about now.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jadeskye
@mosdl said:
" Begs the question - what game would take the longest to S-Rank? "
before this topic i'd say my hardest S-rank which was Final fantasy 13, took me the better part of 120 hours. 

Thinking about it logically when it comes to pure manhours it's gotta be the mmo Final fantasy (11?)
ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By ShadowKiller

Damn man thats something to be proud of, I loved fallout 3 but I really don't think I could've put so many hours into it to get an S rank. Cod or Halo always calls   >.>

Ub3rSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ub3rSlug
@fisher81 said:
" Took me 172 hours (I had to replay the main story 3 times. Goddamned faulty hard drives) to S-Rank Fallout 3 and the DLC. It was a really weird feeling putting that game down for the final time. I went to all of the cities and bought a shit ton of food, then put it all in my duder's fridge in his house. I don't want him to go hungry you know   In fact, I think I might go check up on him. "
I hope it'll be like Animal Crossing when you go back after a long absence! There will be weeds everywhere, (super radioactive) bugs in his house and all of his neighbors will hate him. It'd probably be best not to go find out if that's actually true :P
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Good job!

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sagesebas
@INV2: hot dog son you are rad that shit is dickrouncluous 
INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By INV2

Thanks for the kudos. The achievement did update on my Giant Bomb account, which is cool to see after the hard work.

...but for some reason I didn't trigger the "Game Within a Game" quest...I mean, the first part of that quest is just 1 S-Rank game finish right?

cooperfoyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cooperfoyt

This is so weird, I actually just S ranked Fallout 3 myself, and it was only my 3rd S Rank. What a coincidence! 

Congrats Man! Good luck with your Limbo play throughs

tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tranquilchaos
@jos1ah said:
" I recently S-ranked Fallout 3 too though my final game time was only at a little more than 50 hrs.  I ran into so many glitches (including corrupted save files!!), but it's still a great game. Dunno if I'll have the desire to tackle New Vegas since it looks so similar. "
How the hell did you get level 30 with good, neutral, and evil karma on the same day? 
Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

i have 1300 from fallout 3, in just over 40 hours. i still need all the stupid bobbleheads, and ingots, and hack a bunch of terminals. it probably would only take a few more hours to do, but i cant bring myself to start a new campaign

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By Burns098356GX

I S Ranked Fallout 3 a few months ago, then foolishly and accidentally formatted my 360's harddrive without backing up the save file...it was a FML moment.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29  Edited By me3639

I mean this in all due respect but F all you guys with an S rank in Fallout 3. I could have had the rank if it wasn't for that fucking bobble head in the area that blows up near the end and you have no access afterward. I didn't realize until i was done with the story and collecting some of the achievements. Really pissed me off.

BTW to the OP, im right there with you at 160hrs for the entire play through. Great game, horrible ending.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How'd you deal with the Karma-based achievements? Save states or did you replay through?

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#31  Edited By Druminator

Damn, I'm on my 3rd playthrough now and I still don't have it haha.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DerekDanahy

I actually just S-ranked Fallout 3 as well. Took me about 60 hours of gametime. I unfortuntely had to create a second play through because I missed a level achievement.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By buzz_clik
@INV2: Nice work! I'm still in the middle (well, more towards the end) of trying to accomplish this feat.
ky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ky326
@INV2: I salute you my S-Rank brother.