Just watched the Monster Hunter movie...I enjoyed it?! Am I drunk?

ak1mbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ak1mbo

If I am drunk, I don't wanna be sober.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By VincentVendetta

I'm hoping they're gonna show it when the cinemas are reopening in Montreal next Friday.

Oh it's been so long since I've been to the movies, I'll make the most of it.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm 100% sure that the vast majority of people lambasting it only saw the trailer, if that. I have no legal means of watching it, so I have no real opinion except... it looks pretty bad.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, weird racism aside, I am sure it is fine. The first two Resident Evil movies were actually really fun with the actual first one being actually really faithful as a "side story" and the second one's shoe-horning of Silver the Hedgehog into every game role being redeemed by Dave from Titus as a russian mercenary who says "down boy" after killing a zombie dog.

Then the rest were increasingly horrible and unwatchable.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cikame

Everyone says all video game movies are bad but... i've enjoyed every one i've seen to some degree, even MK: Annihilation is alright with some decent fight scenes, good music and hilarious acting.
Maybe i'm just easy, that being said i have no reverence for Monster Hunter, but i'm interested to see how Tony Jaa handles not doing martial arts.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

A movie doesn't have to be good to be entertaining. I still haven't see it but plan to some day.

Enjoying things the internet dunks on is fine, especially once you realize that the internet either loves or hates everything. Being in the middle is A-ok.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Humanity

I was on a real Monster Hunter binge when they announced the movie and was really surprised how much it resembled the game. The Rathalos and Diablos looked spot on so I’d like to see it just to compare and contrast.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ak1mbo: Eh, I think people don't temper their expectations enough. Not every movie needs some deep philosophy that no one on the planet heard before that changes your understanding of life. Sometimes a trope-heavy cliche, easy ABC plot with special effects works. There is a reason the hero's journey is still popular...it works. I get annoyed by the holyier than thou attitude people have against liking movies these days that arent considered the cream of the crop. Here's a clue...no matter how good the movie is I can type in ___ movie is overrated in Reddit and get tons of dissenting opinions about the quality being poor. I get the same reaction if you say DBZ which the crew thought was fine...as being below standards....not serious, not having deep morals etc. DBZ wasn't trying to do anything like that so why judge it that way. IDK, man. Just really jaded these days by the amount of people screaming that everything is bad boring etc after watching an episode or a trailer. What the heck do these pedestal people watch. lol.

Craig2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The film is active and alive in itself. For weekend viewing at one time. Another thing for fans of the series of games, things will look much worse.