KFConsole: Why is this a thing?

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

I mean, did anybody ask for this? At first, I thought it was some kind of early April fools joke, but apparently not. Time to sell your PS5s and Series X's!

Chicken and console wars mashup

tlchwi02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

because by making a handful of PC case mods with KFC branding they get free advertising from every video game related media/streaming/social media/even MSM source. so for the cost of catering one executive lunch they get millions of dollars in free exposure to one of their most coveted demographics

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bigsocrates

@tlchwi02: KFC is also rebranding itself as more ironic and self-referential, like with that weird Lifetime mini movie, so this is part of that brand strategy. They are pivoting from "family fried chicken joint" to "cool and self-aware brand that's your friend" and...I don't think it will work? Or at least I hope it won't. But they're trying.

PC case mods probably cost less than Mario Lopez anyway.

tlchwi02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: brands being some sort of 'entity' online is the current hotness, but i have no idea who see's wendy's snarking on twitter and runs out and buys a taco salad.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Efesell

Branded prefabs are fine it’s whatever.

Really need everyone to ponder the chicken chamber.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Zelyre

KFCs marketing.

It has been KFC’s thing for years - in my circle of friends, no one talks about how they enjoy hospital food mashed potatoes, or how the Mac and cheese tastes like styrofoam, or weird KFC/Taco Bell horror mashups.

It’s always the weird marketing crap like the chicken sandwich with chicken for the buns. Or the KFC romance novel. Or the KFC fireplace logs.

Or https://store.steampowered.com/app/1121910/I_Love_You_Colonel_Sanders_A_Finger_Lickin_Good_Dating_Simulator/

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tlchwi02: It's just about awareness. It gets people to think "hey KFC" either when they see the ad, or, more subliminally, when they go out for their lunch break and are choosing where to go. The more you think about a ubiquitous low investment brand like KFC (in that where to have lunch is not a major decision like buying a car) the more likely you are to buy their products. It's just awareness and association, and hopefully making people think positively about the brand.

The goal is not to make you buy chicken right away. It's to make it more likely that you'll buy chicken at some future point when you might buy chicken or go somewhere else.

@efesell: Nobody will actually use the chicken chamber but if someone did it would inevitably destroy the machine at some point because the seals will break down and air with fat particles will circulate down into the machine and gum up the works. It's a nice gimmick but it's not practical. If you need a way to keep your chicken warm consider investing in a toaster oven or even just a heat lamp and a tray. I understand you have warm chicken needs, but this is not the best solution.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

If this is real and there's really going to be a chicken chamber, then this is the only branded prebuilt that justifies its existence.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: If someone buys this absurd thing and does not stick some dang chicken in there I dub them cowards.

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I can't wait to hear news about a grease fire started in a computer while someone was playing Cyberpunk 2077.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Because you're making a forum thread about. Because it will be mentioned on podcasts. Because I'm responding to this.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

"For the lulz" basically. Same can be said for the visual novel, really.

kevino13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is just for funny memes, but I'd imagine a deep fryer/computer combo would have MASSIVE overheating issues.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevino13 said:

I know this is just for funny memes, but I'd imagine a deep fryer/computer combo would have MASSIVE overheating issues.

it's not a fryer, but it uses the heat from the system to keep your food warm lol.

My only issue is that they dont' name the Gpu skew, but it does support raytracing and is supposedly more powerful than the consoles. This is targeting the prebuilt case mod fans I guess, but it's definitely entertaining to see.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By monkeyking1969
LyndBako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marketing for clickbait hits. Seems to be working pretty well, since we're talking about it now. Bud Light did the exact same thing to coincide with the PS5 release. apparently that was just a month ago. It feels like 6

I assume the KFC console is like the Bud Light one: a one-off gimmick not intended for retail sale

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably would need a 3090 to actually keep the chicken hot but man this new marketing campaign is fucking gross and you might want to think that it will fail for how ridiculous it is but considering what does go viral nowadays I think KFC has a shot here.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power your hunger with things that aren't food. Also, the chicken chamber is kind of a tricky thing to implement. Chicken sweats. Liquid + PC parts = uncooked chicken.

I wouldn't mind a new PC and I already have a means of cooking meat so ... colour me interested?

neojb1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By neojb1989

I'm actually in the market for a high end gaming PC and have been held back just by the lack of availability of the 3000 series cards. So rather than go through the hassle of trying to source all the parts again to build my own, i'm looking at pre builts this time (so MAINGEAR, Redux, iBuyPower, etc).

SO if the KFConsole has one of those in there, there's a high chance i'm taking that gaming bucket home. For the novelty of it but also as an easy way to get my hands on one of those cards.

MtnDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'd be well served (no pun intended) to consider that this venture is tied in with the ethical treatment of animals. Somehow the wholesale slaughter of avian refugees just doesn't mesh well with modern business practices. So, naturally there has to be a scapegoat. And a shiny one at that...

I'll take my shitposting abilities elsewhere now.