Kingdom Building Games ala My Life As King?

crackity_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Over the last couple of years, I have had this gaming itch I can't scratch for Kingdom Building games. Back on the wii, I was mildly obsessed with Final Fantasy My Life As King but having tried Ever Oasis, Ni No Kuni 2, and a few others I haven't been able to scratch this itch. Any suggestions that might be what I'm looking for?

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

You mean this game right?
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King, Nintendo Wii, Wii Ware

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Crystal_Chronicles:_My_Life_as_a_King

I haven't found a game that is close enough to this, and I have made some efforts. There are many games that have things in common with this but not one that got it all.

So, I'm still looking.

crackity_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketblast0063: yep that's the one. Might just have to load it up on Dolphin to scratch this itch.

BajiBoxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved that game. Really wished they'd followed it up with a sequel or next gen port fleshing out the game play some more. Especially end game. I played through it a few times, and would feel I finished building my Kingdom too soon.

ThaUn4givN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're looking for a gog, try a game called Majesty or another called 7Kingdoms. These games are easy to play and get used too, but they're pretty retro so you'll probably be excessively limited in terms of what you can do. The experience is still great though!!

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played this game so I don't know what kind of game you're looking for but I'm guessing it's a kind of strategy-lite. I've heard good things about Little King's Story - originally on Wii and has a PC port. I think Fable III also has kingdom building elements? And if you're willing to go back further, there is ActRaiser on SNES...

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By soulcake

There's a Kingdom come Deliverance DLC (from the ashes) that let's you build op a town / castle from scratch. Although this content is kinda end game'ish but you could totally cheat your way to a bunch of money.

crackity_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollywoo: oh yeah I've been wanting to play Little Kings Story. Wish that would get ported to the Switch or PS4