• 64 results
BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

"If you want a good game, save your money until Call of Duty: Black Ops comes out. And if anyone thinks I'm a noob writing this post, I'm not. I'm a 5th prestige. Played long enough to know how terrible of a game it really is. So thank you for reading this, and i hope you never have to play the **** that is CoD: MW2."

That's GameStop.com user rock your shoes' 1 out of 10 review of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It might be a little off the mark to you, but it is, after all, just an opinion. And it's not like it'll published in a GameStop, on a store shelf. For that to happen, rock your shoes needs to write a user review for Kmart.

Earlier this week, Kmart's games portal kicked off an initiative that lifts its Internet-based user reviews and plops them onto a small physical tag in front of game boxes on store shelves. All users, according to the post, will be able to have their chance in the sun--provided that they can produce well-written, constructive, and short reviews for "evergreen" or recently released games. 

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==It's a neat but flawed community-centric idea. Will Kmart ever post a negative review on its store shelves? Doing so seems like a bad business practice to me. Businesses like to make profits and games, ultimately, need to get off store shelves to make room for more games. Using my Lens of the Future, I see users realizing the business reality and spinning their reviews as a result.

I could be wrong, and really, what's the difference between a glowing user review and a quote emblazoned on a game box? Quotes appear regardless of overall Metacritic scores or aggregate reception from owners who write on the Internet.

Moving back to the overall story: there's no word on how many user reviews will be posted at one time and when this social experiment might end. Kmart's post on the subject seems to be rather forward-looking, so it appears as if you'll have some time to finish that perfect Crackdown 2 review.  
BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

"If you want a good game, save your money until Call of Duty: Black Ops comes out. And if anyone thinks I'm a noob writing this post, I'm not. I'm a 5th prestige. Played long enough to know how terrible of a game it really is. So thank you for reading this, and i hope you never have to play the **** that is CoD: MW2."

That's GameStop.com user rock your shoes' 1 out of 10 review of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It might be a little off the mark to you, but it is, after all, just an opinion. And it's not like it'll published in a GameStop, on a store shelf. For that to happen, rock your shoes needs to write a user review for Kmart.

Earlier this week, Kmart's games portal kicked off an initiative that lifts its Internet-based user reviews and plops them onto a small physical tag in front of game boxes on store shelves. All users, according to the post, will be able to have their chance in the sun--provided that they can produce well-written, constructive, and short reviews for "evergreen" or recently released games. 

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==It's a neat but flawed community-centric idea. Will Kmart ever post a negative review on its store shelves? Doing so seems like a bad business practice to me. Businesses like to make profits and games, ultimately, need to get off store shelves to make room for more games. Using my Lens of the Future, I see users realizing the business reality and spinning their reviews as a result.

I could be wrong, and really, what's the difference between a glowing user review and a quote emblazoned on a game box? Quotes appear regardless of overall Metacritic scores or aggregate reception from owners who write on the Internet.

Moving back to the overall story: there's no word on how many user reviews will be posted at one time and when this social experiment might end. Kmart's post on the subject seems to be rather forward-looking, so it appears as if you'll have some time to finish that perfect Crackdown 2 review.  
ka_tet19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ka_tet19

Oh my word....

CrazyCraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By CrazyCraven

That is an interesting step. 

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sooty

Who the hell shops at Kmart?

lancer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By lancer75
@ka_tet19: It's a trap!  I mean...this whole policy is probably made just so that some of the mediocre games out there can get some good reviews, because there is always at least one guy that absolutely loves a game that no one else can enjoy in the slightest.  There will be no bad reviews obviously, but this is a good marketing ploy.
ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ToxicFruit

so they would all look like this ? 
"  This game is something no one has seen before kinda like GTA but instead of cars there are horses instead of liberty city,vice city and china town its a ranch 
and instead of a reble trying to get money assassinating people your a cowboy with and unforgiving past."

Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ChristianCastillo

The news for me here is finding out that Kmart still exists

ka_tet19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By ka_tet19

will they printing out their real names too....

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Ace829
@Ygg said:
" Who the hell shops at Kmart? "
They have Singularity selling for $35. I bought Final Fantasy XIII for $30. They have some great deals if you look them up.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Skytylz
@Ace829: is singularity on sale right now for $35?  I might buy it instead of rent for that much.
Phaazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Phaazon

In the near future I will be going to Kmarts across the country in order to achieve many lulz.

TheDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By TheDrake

I cant even think where a kmart is

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Can't wait to see the lulzy shit employees put for Halo:Reach
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ace829
@Skytylz said:
" @Ace829: is singularity on sale right now for $35?  I might buy it instead of rent for that much. "
Yes it's still on sale. It's been that price for a while so it might end soon. You can see that it's $35 here.
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@ka_tet19 said:
" will they printing out their real names too.... "
Haha!

I'm not sure how this will work, but hey it could be good, not groundbreaking, but good!
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Skytylz
@Ace829 said:
" @Skytylz said:
" @Ace829: is singularity on sale right now for $35?  I might buy it instead of rent for that much. "
Yes it's still on sale. It's been that price for a while so it might end soon. You can see that it's $35 here. "
Yah, Alan Wake is $35 too, I might get that instead.
Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Cybexx

I can't imagine they would post bad reviews because in the end they are trying to sell these games. The best you could probably hope for is a glowing review on a non-mainstream game.

dvdwalker8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#18  Edited By dvdwalker8

Kmart of all places is the one to try this? I haven't bought a game from Kmart for a long time. I haven't shopped at a Kmart in probably 5 or more years. Seems like a pretty pointless idea too.  
The reviews will have to be short, reviewers probably wont receive anything for their review being used, and there are other/better options for finding out about games than some little blurb near a game.  
Doesn't really matter to me cause I don't shop at Kmart, especially not for video games.
FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FateOfNever

I don't imagine there's anything to stop Kmart stores from having their employees write fake reviews for the truly awful games out there - 
"We have too many copies of Leisure Suit Larry!  We need to get these off the shelf, but no one is willing to write a good review for it!  Hey, Bob, I need you to write something up for this game so we can try and convince people that Leisure Suit Larry is worth buying!" the next day "Time Muffin 32x says that you've never played a game quite like Leisure Suit Larry, with it's non-stop comedy and no-holds-bar in your face style you can't go wrong with this purchase." 

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Red

Why in the flaming garbage put crap user reviews? People are idiots, especially those reviewing games on the freaking K-Mart website. It doesn't really matter to me, but the more attention absolute garbage flaming--or praising--reviews get could cause more of them to appear around the interwebs, probably until I go insane and decide to kill myself, as there is no way I would want to live in a world where "rocks my shoes'" writing gets attention.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By FreakAche

Weird. I don't think we have any K-Marts in Canada though.

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By s7evn
@Ygg said:
Exactly. Especially for games.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d
deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Waterstones in the UK does this for Books. It's a pretty nice idea.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By landon

I think i've bought a total of 3 games from Kmart in my life.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ch13696

Turns out -rock your shoes- is Brad Nicholson himself.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hadoken101

I love that that guy's reviews are either 1 or 10. Middle ground is for PUSSIES

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ch13696
@s7evn said:
" @Ygg said:
Exactly. Especially for games. "
People who didn't pre-order at Gamestop. Sometimes I browse the section for stuff that's been slashed down 75% off. That's how I got Supreme Commander 2 for $15.
Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dizzyhippos

Kmart is still a thing?

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Donos

People, DO NOT KNOCK THE KMART (or Zellers in Canada). The thing is, nobody thinks to buy games there, but they still stock 'em in full. Walk into a  Zellers on a big game's launch day, and you pretty much guaranteed to find 100 copies and no line. It's freaking awesome.

Anyways, I find this to be an interesting and completely logical step, which come to think of it I'm surprised hasn't been tried elsewhere. The reviews may not be accurate, but that won't stop the mass market from reading them, for better or for worse.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#30  Edited By Brackynews
Okay, in 25 years this is the first time I've seen "evergreen" used in a video game context.
I guess that translates to what, 3 years of popularity?  Thursday Evergreen Throwdown: TF2!

@FreakAche:  Nope, HBC merged Kmart with Zellers.
TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TotalEklypse

people want honest reviews.. doesnt one sitting next to the price tag seem a bit questionable?

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By skrutop

A user review from Skrutop: "You are buying a game at K-Mart, so you have no taste.  With that in mind, Cabela's Big Game Hunter is right for you!  FYI, camo gear and buckshot is on aisle 4, bud!"

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#33  Edited By natetodamax

I love how the reviewer is a 5 prestige even though he says the game is terrible. Some people just need to be put in an asylum.

rateoforange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rateoforange

Awesome people shop for games at K-mart. Alan Wake is $35 this week, I bought mass effect 2 a few weeks ago for $20.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35  Edited By Deusoma
@ch13696 said:
" Turns out -rock your shoes- is Brad Nicholson himself. "
What a tweeest!
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BraveToaster
@Cybexx said:
" I can't imagine they would post bad reviews because in the end they are trying to sell these games. The best you could probably hope for is a glowing review on a non-mainstream game. "
this
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By Lies
@Deusoma said:

" @ch13696 said:

" Turns out -rock your shoes- is Brad Nicholson himself. "
What a tweeest! "

Skillface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Skillface
@natetodamax said:
" I love how the reviewer is a 5 prestige even though he says the game is terrible. Some people just need to be put in an asylum. "
Most of the people who post gameplay videos on youtube (via machinima) talk nonstop about how bad the game is. I still don't get it.
PlasmaMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PlasmaMachine

Halo Reach K-Mart Review by xXxSePhiE_KrOnIKxXx :
Its halo and stuff so you are not mc and thats okayy cuz its before halo. you can play halo3 and its the same game so you can save your money lolz. Btw buy uncharted2 and a ps3 that game rulz it looks sooooooo cool and stuff yu might just not play 360 and play that. 
2/5

Super Mario Galaxy 2 K-Mart Review by STONETHRILLAUFC98:

[Expletive Removed] BABBIES WHO LOVE JUSTIN BEIBER PLAY THE WII YOU GUYS ARE SISSYGIRLS AND GRANDMAS WAVING REMOTES LIKE [Expletive Removed] GO DIE IN A FIRE YOU [Expletive Removed] I WILL PLAY [Expletive Removed] MW2 AND YOU [Expletive Removed] WILL WAGGLE YOUR  [Expletive Removed] INTO YOUR [Expletive Removed]
0/5

EyePet K-Mart Review by SonOfKratos:

The Sony© Playstation® 3 game EyePet® is nothing short of incredible. I don't want to use hyperbole but 2010's true Game of the Year is this game. Playstation® 3 owners will stand proud over those other two systems knowing they will never have an experience quite like this. Black Ops? Pshaw. Seasonal sports titles? No thank you. Sony© is the best, and this is the best. The Sony© Playstation® 3 titles are the best. 
5/5

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty K-Mart Review by Chzining63

[URL Removed] Ggo here for free cdkey breaks of starcraft2 no charge [URL Removed] 
No Score

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By Kontrapunkt
@PlasmaMachine:  Oh my.
M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By M_33

This is not smart. This isn't even K-mart smart.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ISuperGamerI
@Skytylz said:
I think Amazon has it on sale for $30 and this is a pretty good idea I guess.
Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Iceman2913
@Ygg said:
kmart has good deals on games and you can lay-away consoles
BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#44  Edited By BoringK

Kmart has crazy game sales but their games section--at least at the one store in Wichita--is janky as hell. I went to buy Alan Wake this week, but if it's on the shelves, it's buried behind other games that are old, randomly organized and overpriced ($30 for Crackdown. Seriously).

blueman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By blueman90

WHAAAA?
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bones8677
@M_33: That's S-Mart, not K-Mart.
Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lurkero

I imagine over time they'd just start printing out stickers with 4 or 5 stars on them or 8-10/10 review scores so that the games sell. I don't see them putting up honestly bad reviews considering they want to sell all their product

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By iam3green

ha, it is going to be good. i would not think there will be any bad reviews because they want to sell games not have people look away from it. 

i don't have a kmart where i live. it went out of business so there aren't any around where i live. there is only walmart for a store like that.

dubios451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dubios451
@PlasmaMachine: That is awesome, pure awesome.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By meteora

This is uhh... interesting.