Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon
Source
Whether he's being serious or not, it's cool to hear that Kojima and the FF dudes are tight and that he's a fan of KH. 

"  Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima, Square Enix producer/artist Tetsuya Nomura, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada and Metal Gear art director Yoji Shinkawa had dinner earlier today.

What did they talk about?

According to Kojima, they talked about a Final Fantasy VII remake! After Kojima Tweeted that he was in a dinner meeting with the three, a follower asked that he tell Nomura to remake FFVII. "I passed it along," replied Kojima.

He was probably joking. Or was he?

Other things Kojima said he passed along are "Hurry up and release Kingdom Hearts 3D," "I know it's tough for Square Enix, but you can do it!" and "Tell Wada I'm waiting for Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana 5." Kojima did not pass along the message "I'm looking forward to the new Zelda game" that someone for some reason asked him to mention.

Kojima passed along one message without his followers' suggestion: he told Tetsuya Nomura to get a Twitter account.

While the actual topics of conversation during the meeting are probably secret (they may have just been having a friendly dinner -- it happens sometimes), we do know what was on the menu. According to Yoichi Wada's Twitter, two people had cola while two people had alcohol."

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts
Man I hope he was serious and they take his advice. I would totally be up for a ff7 remake. My favorite rpg I have ever played but I tried going back to it a few months ago and it hasn't aged well.
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By McGhee

I would like to pass along a note to Kojima, "Hurry and release Zone of the Enders 3. I know you can do it!"

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By beforet

Eh. I just recently replayed FF7 (still a good game, by the way), and I'm not too sure I want a remake. Not if they decide to change Cloud from the mostly normal dude he is in the original game to what he is now.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

In before kaosangel Nomura lovefest.

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

I would like to pass along a note to Kojima, "Hurry and release Zone of the Enders 3. I know you can do it!"

Agreed.  ZOE2 was an awesome game and I'd love to see a third.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

Ugh, really guys?  Again with this?  

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Square should just do it and get it over with assuming they don't take 40 years to do it. Versus was announced in like 349 B.C. and that game is still no where to be seen...

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

The only thing that I find glaring whenever I decide to revisit FF7 is the blocky models outside of battle. If there is one thing that ages badly, it is early polygonal graphics of the time. I think the transition between the different character models is probably what I find jarring about it, I found MGS perfectly tolerable in comparison.

Thats not to say the game is no longer playable, no far from it.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By time allen

nomura would fuck it up. it's inevitable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilhomer

lol gotta love Kojima.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwho

Cool, they can live in the past together.
ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By ProfessorK

If Nintendo can keep churning out OoT remakes, with no one asking mind you, I think a FFVII remake is a reasonable quest.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Hailinel said:
In before kaosangel Nomura lovefest.

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
Agreed.  ZOE2 was an awesome game and I'd love to see a third.
Ah weeaboo irony is the best.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hailinel
@ProfessorK said:
If Nintendo can keep churning out OoT remakes, with no one asking mind you, I think a FFVII remake is a reasonable quest.
Define churning out.  Nintendo released Ocarina of Time once on the GameCube, which was just a port with Master Quest content.  The Virtual Console version is just the N64 game with a useless Stone of Agony.  The 3DS version is the only true remake that the game has received.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Doctorchimp

So Kojima basically told Nomura he was tired of all the shit being published by them and wanted to play a decade old game instead?

Amazing.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RobertOrri

Will people not ever shut up about this? Do they honestly still wish for a remake after what they've seen the modern Square-Enix do with the franchise?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Afroman269

More like get on with KH 3.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NathHaw
@Afroman269 said:
More like get on with KH 3.
Yeah, and all the other things too.
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NathHaw
@Hailinel said:
@ProfessorK said:
Define churning out.  Nintendo released Ocarina of Time once on the GameCube, which was just a port with Master Quest content.  The Virtual Console version is just the N64 game with a useless Stone of Agony.  The 3DS version is the only true remake that the game has received.
Also had the orginal in GCness, buy I know what you mean.  Still have the sealed copy.
Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Faint

I thought we were at the point now where people didn't want Square making an FF7 remake due to the poor quality of their other titles. ie. they need to get their shit together first otherwise an FF7 remake would suck.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Square already has a huge to-do list...

Semantix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Semantix

I'm not the biggest FFVII fan but it would be interesting to see at least some sort of re-release. The original localization is pretty shoddy and the weird blocky look outside of battle looked silly to me back in 97. Wether the Square of today could pull it off without half the game being overstuffed with needless cut scenes (I'm looking at you FFXIII) or its trademark bad voice acting remains to be seen. If it works though, Square-Enix could get back onto a strong footing after their decline. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hailinel
@Semantix said:
I'm not the biggest FFVII fan but it would be interesting to see at least some sort of re-release. The original localization is pretty shoddy and the weird blocky look outside of battle looked silly to me back in 97. Wether the Square of today could pull it off without half the game being overstuffed with needless cut scenes (I'm looking at you FFXIII) or its trademark bad voice acting remains to be seen. If it works though, Square-Enix could get back onto a strong footing after their decline. 
Bad voice acting?
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NathHaw
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

I remember back in 2005 when the FF7 tech demo was released for the E3 announcement of the PS3, that was pretty much what Square said.  To paraphrase -- we have a few people here and there working on the FF7 project in their off time, but it's something we're not really focusing on at this time --.  It's been that many years, so it may have changed by now.  Who knows?
This one in case nobody knows what I mean:

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Hailinel said:
@Semantix said:
Bad voice acting?
FF13 has good voice acting?  Where?
OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By OneManX

I dont think they will ever remake Final Fantasy VII.

...(waits until E3 where Square shoves it in his face and announces a remake)

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By QuistisTrepe
@Soapy86 said:
Yes Square-Enix, please remake Final Fantasy VII. I'm begging you. 

I strongly disagree. I like seeing FFVII fanboys continue to be disappointed and milked for more money from all the spinoffs that SE teases them with. Serves them right for being the bitches of a very mediocre game.
QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By QuistisTrepe
@RobertOrri said:
Will people not ever shut up about this? Do they honestly still wish for a remake after what they've seen the modern Square-Enix do with the franchise?
It'd be nice to see SE piss away the FF legacy once and for all. I for one welcome this.
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NathHaw
@QuistisTrepe: FF7 is one of my favorite games of all time, and I've never bought a spinoff of it unless you consider Kingdom Hearts which had some of the FF7 characters.  BTW, I like FF8 a lot too as I notice your avatar.
Semantix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Semantix
@Hailinel: I've never enjoyed the voice acting in a Final Fantasy game; so much so that by XIII, I actually wished I could just read the lines or have the original Japanese with subs.
QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By QuistisTrepe
@Bloviator said:

@QuistisTrepe: FF7 is one of my favorite games of all time, and I've never bought a spinoff of it unless you consider Kingdom Hearts which had some of the FF7 characters.  BTW, I like FF8 a lot too as I notice your avatar.

FFVIII was pretty good, for a FF game. Other than VI and VIII, the rest of the series can burn for all I care. It's a shame that Tidus of FFX was wasted on a terrible game, he was arguably the best male lead character in the entire franchise. 
Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#33  Edited By Pepsiman

Guys, guys, surely you're all joking about them remaking FF7, right? I mean, they already remade it once. It just got such poor marketing that apparently nobody else caught on!

You guys should stop bugging Square-Enix to do a remake of a game that they've already clearly remade. They need to get back to work on that Chocobo Racing game for the 3DS everybody is demanding, you know.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hailinel
@Semantix said:
@Hailinel: I've never enjoyed the voice acting in a Final Fantasy game; so much so that by XIII, I actually wished I could just read the lines or have the original Japanese with subs.
You haven't explained what it is about the voice acting to consider its supposedly bad quality a trademark.  FFX's wasn't the best, but XII and XIII both had great voice acting.
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bloviator said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

I remember back in 2005 when the FF7 tech demo was released for the E3 announcement of the PS3, that was pretty much what Square said.  To paraphrase -- we have a few people here and there working on the FF7 project in their off time, but it's something we're not really focusing on at this time --.  It's been that many years, so it may have changed by now.  Who knows?
This one in case nobody knows what I mean:

oh yes i remember seeing this.  considering how this scene was almost recreated in Crisis Core's ending (spoiler alert?) and it looked much sexier im assuming it would take a very very long time to recreate this game with HD graphics because VII was basically open world unlike XIII.  they may come around to it eventually when making this game wont take as long but for now ill just wait for Versus XIII
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hailinel
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: I never took the tech demo as a serious indicator that a FFVII remake was in the works.  Square has made similar tech demos for new consoles based off of previous generation games in the series before.  I imagine that when the PS4 rolls around, we'll be seeing a tech demo sequence based off of FFX.
ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan
@Hailinel

I'm with you on this. The recent Final Fantasys have had quality voice work. Even Crisis Core does.
chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By chrissedoff

i bet somebody's already been working on it for years, but nobody's said anything about it because it takes ten years to make a final fantasy game, apparently

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NathHaw
@Hailinel: Speaking of recollections, before the the Playstation and Nintendo 64 (called the Ultra 64 and before that Project Reality) there were videos of what the Ultra 64 could do with FF.  I don't know if you guys have seen this before, but this goes back to before FF7 was announced on the Playstation.  Due to the success and adoration of fans of FF, Nintendo wanted to highlight the coming N64 system with FF potential.  Another of the reasons that fans of the Nintendo got so mad about the Playstation was that it took away the FF franchise.  I remember it.  I tried briefly to find a vid on youtube about it.  I couldn't, but I certainly remember it.

It was a "Project Reality" version of FF6.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@QuistisTrepe said:
@Bloviator said:

FFVIII was pretty good, for a FF game. Other than VI and VIII, the rest of the series can burn for all I care. It's a shame that Tidus of FFX was wasted on a terrible game, he was arguably the best male lead character in the entire franchise. 

Those sound more like opinions than fact.
Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By ShadowKnight508

Sigh...forget making a FFVII remake, I just want my Kingdom Hearts III to be announced already...*shakes head*

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NathHaw
@shadowknight508: highfive
Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Marz

FF VI deserves a remake more than VII imo.   

Semantix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Semantix
@Hailinel said:

@Semantix said:

You haven't explained what it is about the voice acting to consider its supposedly bad quality a trademark.  FFX's wasn't the best, but XII and XIII both had great voice acting.
I find that most FF voice over artists lack any sort of subtlety or nuance in their performance. A handful of them I find to be too whiny sounding. I don't know if this is just to do with localisation, since it seems to be the same in a lot of other JRPGs and Anime. It just seems to really impact my enjoyment of the more recent FF games.
IchiroYagiza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By IchiroYagiza
@shadowknight508 said:
Sigh...forget making a FFVII remake, I just want my Kingdom Hearts III to be announced already...*shakes head*
This.
@Marz said:

And this.
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@Marz said:
I'd agree that VI was the better game, but it already looks great in 2D as it is.  There's not much a remake could do to improve it.
VII is probably the ugliest of the entire series at this point, I'd be happy if they just ported it to XBLA/PSN and upgraded the character models.

A full remake with realistic graphics for either game would look very odd.  VI used a lot of over the top anime expressions and imagine a realistic version of the Cloud cross dressing part.
No thanks.
Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By Sayishere

remake remake remake

yes please
harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By harinosho

Im a HUGe FF7 Fan, got the psn versionand orgianl ps1 oversion and its os to prove this. with blueray advent children and posters..

but.. dont the fuck do that remake..Square Enix sucks balls.. bastardize a classic game like ff7.. 
SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By SBYM

Kojima directing the FF7 remake: CONFIRMED.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By XenoNick

As much as I love FF7 I really really do not want to see a remake.