Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
Kojima Productions has it easy these days. Other developers have to claw and scrape for publicity just to get people to notice their games. All Hideo Kojima and friends need is to post a weird-looking image with the words "Metal Gear" somewhere nearby, and everybody goes crazy. The entirety of their latest tease you can view there to your right.

Speculation is rampant, of course. What do we have so far?

• Shacknews, where I first saw this, highlights the use of the glowing green color and that third symbol--which is nearly identical to the one on the Xbox 360's power button--to connect the dots to some sort of new 360 Metal Gear release. Whether that's the Xbox MGS4 port rumored ad nauseam or a whole new game isn't for me to say. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of interesting new XBLA Metal Gear release.
  • That "i" at the beginning of the equation is obviously significant. Could relate to the iPhone. Could refer to the Nintendo DSi. It also looks like the font used in the Wii logo. Those possibilities conflict with the obvious Xbox-related imagery though, in my mind. Maybe it relates to Metal Gear Acid in some way? The logo for that game is usually written as AC!D.
  • Could any of this relate to Metal Gear Solid Existence, the trademark Konami registered in both the U.S. and Japan some time ago?
  • Jeff points out the acronym "MGST" appears in the URL for this teaser site. Could that be telling? It might be the abbreviated title of the new game. (Metal Gear Solid Transience: Solid Snake is on hard times, takes up residence in that cardboard box.) Then again, it might simply stand for "Metal Gear Solid teaser."

What do you think is up with this "next Metal Gear?" Post your analysis in the comments, or send us your ideas, and I'll post some of the best ones if we get enough.
Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
Kojima Productions has it easy these days. Other developers have to claw and scrape for publicity just to get people to notice their games. All Hideo Kojima and friends need is to post a weird-looking image with the words "Metal Gear" somewhere nearby, and everybody goes crazy. The entirety of their latest tease you can view there to your right.

Speculation is rampant, of course. What do we have so far?

• Shacknews, where I first saw this, highlights the use of the glowing green color and that third symbol--which is nearly identical to the one on the Xbox 360's power button--to connect the dots to some sort of new 360 Metal Gear release. Whether that's the Xbox MGS4 port rumored ad nauseam or a whole new game isn't for me to say. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of interesting new XBLA Metal Gear release.
  • That "i" at the beginning of the equation is obviously significant. Could relate to the iPhone. Could refer to the Nintendo DSi. It also looks like the font used in the Wii logo. Those possibilities conflict with the obvious Xbox-related imagery though, in my mind. Maybe it relates to Metal Gear Acid in some way? The logo for that game is usually written as AC!D.
  • Could any of this relate to Metal Gear Solid Existence, the trademark Konami registered in both the U.S. and Japan some time ago?
  • Jeff points out the acronym "MGST" appears in the URL for this teaser site. Could that be telling? It might be the abbreviated title of the new game. (Metal Gear Solid Transience: Solid Snake is on hard times, takes up residence in that cardboard box.) Then again, it might simply stand for "Metal Gear Solid teaser."

What do you think is up with this "next Metal Gear?" Post your analysis in the comments, or send us your ideas, and I'll post some of the best ones if we get enough.
MagicKiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MagicKiwi

CQC is still a threat.

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By DavidSnakes

The power button design is universal, not specific to the 360.  Nonetheless, I still hope dearly this is an MGS4 360 port.

http://images.google.com/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hl=en&q=power+button&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

wafflestomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By wafflestomp

iphone + acid = power?

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Royale

I definitely needs me some more MGS... and another AC!D game wouldn't be too bad, especially if it was on the DS with touch screen controls.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Death_Burnout

well i actually hope it isnt a 360 port...ok nah im teasing...barely!

theres an exclamation in the power symbol! ooooh

RobMosher83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RobMosher83

i would love something metal gear on XBLA.....

Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By Spencer

They wouldn't have designed that teaser like that unless it was related to Microsoft.  Do you think that they really want to answer any more "MGS4 360 port" rumors?  Designing that third symbol like the 360's power button will obviously reignite those rumors, and Kojima Productions would not bring it up again unless there actually was a Microsoft-related project.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By GioVANNI

I already have MGS4 on the PS3 I bought it for.  I could've just waited!

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#11  Edited By ImperiousRix

Metal Gear?
So you're saying it was a proxy tease?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Milkman

Well, first off, I noticed the grammatical error in the message. It should say "The next Metal Gear is...", not "A next Metal Gear is...". Maybe that's on purpose. Maybe it's just bad translating.

To me, this looks to me like Metal Gear Solid 4: Existence, a Xbox 360 port of MGS 4 with extra stuff packed in.  

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Scooper

The i relates to Solid Snake and the ! relates to Solid snake upside down. Conclusion: a first-person break dancing game on Xbox360.

JesseG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JesseG

imminent.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#15  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I have no clue, but it looks like it's 360 related.  I'm rooting for both a MGS4 port and a MGS5 announcement.

Joshua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Joshua

!=  can mean (such as in C++) "does not equal"     hmmm

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By OmegaPirate

I kinda hope this ISNT a 360 port, not for pro sony fanboy reasons - but becasue 

A) The internet would explode over how awesome the 360 is

B) A Lot of people who have so far hated this 'interactive movie' would be forced to eat their hats

C) I can do without giving fanboy trolls more ammunition to fire at me for owning a ps3 "HAHAHAHA WE GOTZ YOU GAME PWNT!!!" thank you very much

I would like to point out a couple of things

1) Maybe this is a new metal gear story - no mention of a snake or solid snake in particular anywhere  -this is what im hoping for

2) The phrase Doesnt make sense, im thinking 

A NEXT METAL GEAR IS.....

Maybe an anagram of some kind?? i mean come on- translation can be dodgy but that sentance is so incorrect it hurts? 

j1m3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By j1m3n7

Looks like it all points towards a 360 release to me.

Hope its the original on XBLA!!

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Phished0ne

Why does everyone automatically assume XB360? someone else already pointed out that the power sign is universal, its on my ps3.  I guess its the green color..i still think that this is a red herring.(flashbacks to the Clue movie...)

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By The_Icon

Looks interesting, cant wait to find out! MGS 4 on 360 is not beyond possibility.

RabbitKarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RabbitKarrot

Fingers crossed for 360 MGS4... That would be sweeeeet.

deyanne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deyanne

that last sign isn't just used on the xbox360, it's a universal sign even used on the ps3 except of the ! isntead of a |.
i'm still hoping for a completely new metal gear with a new protagonist, preferably raiden wich is possible because it says the next metal gear is not the next metal gear solid is so ...

deyanne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deyanne

that last sign isn't just used on the xbox360, it's a universal sign even used on the ps3 except of the ! isntead of a |.
i'm still hoping for a completely new metal gear with a new protagonist, preferably raiden wich is possible because it says the next metal gear is not the next metal gear solid is so ...

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By get2sammyb

DSi or iPod game I reckon. Apart from that rather loose (it's exclamation marks turned 180 degrees theory) ONLY the colour green suggests XBOX 360.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TwoOneFive

All super stubborn 360 fanboys who were hating on this will be totally contradicting themselves the second they get a chance to play it on a 360. 

ElectricSlime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ElectricSlime

If it were a port to the 360 how many DVDs would they need to release it on? 3? 4?

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By super_machine

They should have wrote i + ! = $

RodneythePom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RodneythePom

360 logo and MGS? Probably another crappy RPG....;)

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Phished0ne

i got it, the URL says MGST right?

Metal Gear Solid Tactics Confirmed!
Destroyeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Destroyeron

/yawn Never cared for Metal Gear, played 5 minutes of it and then sold it the next day.

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

i'm calling it right now, remake of metal gear snake's revenge on the 360 using unreal engine 3 where snake is a roided up armored super solider with a spread shotgun blindfiring behind cover while throwing grenades at ALIENS (what a twist!). all whilist he is accompanied by a extremely underdressed  big breasted asian side kick that can be played in co-op mode, with super agile moves that lets her flip-dodge her way from cover to cover in such a way where the 3rd person camera just so happens to close in on the moment where her exposed crotch comes within view for 3 animation frames.

also, snake constantly makes beligerant sexual remarks to his co-op partner everytime she does said animation, as he listens to disturbed on his Microsoft Zune player that you can unlock by paying 800 MS points to get it in 3 different skins. an additional extra skin can be unlocked only by pre-order from gamestop. also including an exclusive single/multiplayer weapon that can desintigrate every enemy or player in one hit if you pre-order the collectors edition only at gamestop. however, the walmart exclusive collectors edition will contain a blow-up doll of the female side kick as well as a temporary tattoo of snake's face on it with a text bubble of him saying "fuck yea!" next to it, which you can apply to one of your ass cheeks while you make use of the blow-up doll to get the complete metal gear experience.

or it can be something completely unrelated

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By AndrewB

A 360 Metal Gear Acid game would be the obvious "put the speculation together" answer.

I'm hoping for a 360 release of Metal Gear Solid 4, though I would actually prefer a truly new Metal Gear game. I doubt that will happen for awhile, though. I figure they'll release a few cash-in spin-off games first, then save the major release for the next generation of consoles.

Oh, and the image should be: "i + ! + ? = profit"

Ghostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ghostin

If you turn it sideways it's a penguin with a banjo...

Will forget all about it now until they tell us whatever it is they think is important. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5a264ba32aa29
deactivated-5a264ba32aa29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so obviously an announce for something on 360. The green color? NXE adding installs? The power symbol?

Mark my words, even if this isn't a 360 annouce (though I think it is), this little teaser was only made to fight over whether it is or not. I'm pretty sure it's MGS4 for 360 though, it's totally possible with the game being able to install now.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I thought Hideo Kojima 's stopped making games

Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Superchris129

Speak of the fucking devil, I just now listened to the Giant Spoiler SnakeCast.

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kane
bcfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bcfish

If this is legit, hell yeah!  If it's all a tease, then Kojima, fuck you!  I'm afraid it'll be the 2nd.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TwoOneFive
I have 3 theories not unlike GB's:

1. This is a new/port Metal Gear AC!D game for the iPhone/iPod Touch

2. This is a new Metal Gear AC!D game for the Xbox Live Market Place, perhaps using the MGS4 engine. (that would be a big bummer for wanna be ps3 owners who only have a 360 though)

3. This is Metal Gear AC!D for the DSi 

My first and third theories are probably the most likely, i don't see Kojima doing anything with the 360 anytime soon man, and the only thing that really means this will be on 360 is the green color. So maybe its actually a combination of all three theories or just 2 or 3 combined with 1. And since Kojima has a decent relationship with both Apple (iPod in MGS4) and Nintendo, (Twin Snakes & Super Smash Bros. Brawl), it makes it even more likely that theories 2 and 3 are more likely to occur. 
logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By logson

AC!D on xbla, Solid on disc for 360? I don't really know, I just hope they reveal the meaning sooner than later.

ChestyMcGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ChestyMcGee

I can imagine there is going to be a spin-off game that will be released on all consoles. Don't worry though PS3 fans - Metal Gear Solid 4 is not going to be released on XB360 simply because the console is, quite frankly, not powerful enough.

Now don't get me wrong, I own a 360 and a PC and I would consider myself a 'PC-Gamer' but let's face the facts: the PS3 is more powerful than the 360 and MGS4 is far too hardware intensive (if you've seen the Shadow Moses bit you'll know what I'm on about) to be played on the 360. I wish it could be though, as a 360 port would mean a PC port and I'd love to be able to play MGS4 again (I played it on my brother's PS3).
Clockswork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Clockswork

A next metal gear is gonna be a 360 version
A next metal gear is going to be MGS5
A next metal gear is ....good?

Nope the sentence doesnt make sense! But I wouldnt mind playing MGS4 on my 360 :)

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By calf_exercises

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
**head explodes**

TaintedSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By TaintedSun

The next Metal Gear is... a film.

Oh wait.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TwoOneFive
Destroyeron said:
"/yawn Never cared for Metal Gear, played 5 minutes of it and then sold it the next day."
you're kidding right? you bought a game, played it for FIVE MINUTES and sold it? thats the dumbest thing i ever heard. 
Avatar image for technicallyproficient
TechnicallyProficient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I call a remake of Metal Gear 1 and/or 2 for the 360.

PsYuSoFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PsYuSoFly

It's obviously 360 colors now if you take the Upward's i, and the downward i. and put that with the xbox symbol you have your obvious answer.

*PUT YOUR XBOX VERTICAL*
Upward i - Look at memory card slot 1, plus the black void above it
Downard i- look at memory card slot 2, and notice the circle under memory card slot 2.
And the power on button which is universal lights green on the xbox when it's powered on.

I don't understand how any of this could be link to anything besides the 360 the fans obviously want it.

sloppyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#48  Edited By sloppyjoe

"A" next metal gear is...?
that grammar doesn't seem right

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By neoepoch

Just to let you know, the PS3 on light is also green and looks the same.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By Nets

Just don't let it be MGS4 (or the sequel for that matter) on the 360. I'm getting short on money these days...