La Noire was the most overrated boringgame ever made!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S1RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By S1RE

Walking around a naked hookers crime scene hitting the button when u hear a musical cue to pick up a clue doesnt classify as exciting or interesting gameplay. On my 5th naked bloodied body of a hooker I decided to venture out and drive around this town and stir up some shit a la old gta style or at the very least check out the open world. Turns out there is no open world and i cant even pull out my gun or blow shit up at all! The story sucked - the main character was reprehensible contradiction who cheats on his wife for no apparant reason but goes about talking shit to every criminal he catches. I fellasleep playing this game more than any game i have ever played - so boring walking into the wallsand all over the house hitting the button when i heard musicall cue a clue was nearby! The so called advanced facial animation that was supposed to be so advanced as to allow the player to read if npcs are lying or not turned out to be more of reading different styles of "poopface". Id say like 80% of the time doubt was the best answer and being as thats the cause wth is the point of even giving the ption of truth or lie if u could just doubt every statement the npc says! Hand holding just like the searching for clues! Boring snorefest! The first thing i did after i suffered my way through this piece of overrated garbage was trade it in a week after its release so i got a good amount for it. Thank god the developer went under cause they sucked!

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By emergency

This thread was the most stupidthread ever made!

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PeasantAbuse

None of those naked people were hookers, just sayin'.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

Let's go ahead and lock this bad boy while it's still fresh.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By EuanDewar
@PeasantAbuse

None of those naked people were hookers, just sayin'.

They weren't???

Ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuck
Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Getz

You don't get it. It's alright. Let's try and use some paragraphs next time.

Edit: I changed my mind, it's not alright. Say what you want about the game, but those guys at Team Bondi worked their asses off and saying "good riddance" to them going bankrupt is fucking rude.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I didn't read past the fist sentence.

Anyone who thinks dead hookers aren't interesting isn't worth bothering with.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By laserbolts

LA Noire is in my top ten of this year somewhere. Alot of people hate on it but I liked it.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Deranged

It was a good game, I personally didn't think it was amazing, but a lot of incredible work was put into it.

Show some respect mate.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By Levio

Whoah, I was thinking about getting L.A. Noire, but that just sounds terrible. Guess I'll pass it up for something else, like that monopoly game that was on TNT.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#11  Edited By alistercat

I have no words for what I just read... but I love what LA Noire does.

@Levio: I think Brad's review says a lot more about this game than an angry forum poster who wants to blow stuff up. That said, I would love to play Some Fortune street (thought here it's going to be called boom street or something when it comes out).

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By theoldhouse

@Levio: Dude get it. You might hate it like the OP or you might love it to bits like me and many reviewers. Honestly I have seen it pretty cheap on amazon.

It at least needs to be played. Such a breath of fresh air after all these similar (yet still great) games that have come out this year.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlecOfTheWest

I disagree.

You're kind of beating a dead horse anyways.

Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#14  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

It's not terrible but its not great either. I found myself getting bored a lot too, especially in the section you are describing.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TentPole

Maybe not a great action game but it is a hell of an adventure game. I liked it a lot more than Heavy Rain for scratching my modern, big budget, adventure game itch. Also my GOTY.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

No

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By landon

Why would you waste time telling people you hated a game that came out months ago?

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Getz

@Landon said:

Why would you waste time telling people you hated a game that came out months ago?

The same reason you would waste time telling people you hated a game that came out yesterday.

Narcissism.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hatking

If you've never seen film noir, you probably won't really get the game. It's not an action game, but the fact that a game with a gun pictured on the box doesn't focus on headshotting is probably lost on you.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Djratchet

I did think it was boring and was overhyped, but not for the dumbass reasons you posted.

If you were expecting GTA, you went in with wrong expectations, simple as that.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By august
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By buzz_killington

People turned against that game real quick. It was really praised for about two weeks, then everyone suddenly started talking shit about it. I personally haven't gotten to playing it yet.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#23  Edited By DonutFever

Walk across the street without looking both ways.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Deleth

@Landon said:

When i find myself bored, I at times go around and start fights with people who liked games I hated. Such as Dragon Age 2. Simply because in those moments while browsing the web I might remember said games and finally have the time to voice my opinions on them.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mordukai

@Levio said:

Whoah, I was thinking about getting L.A. Noire, but that just sounds terrible. Guess I'll pass it up for something else, like that monopoly game that was on TNT.

Thinking??? Seems like you are letting someone else doing the thinking for you.

S1RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By S1RE

I have felt this way about the game for a long time and was curious to see if people would actually read my reasons and respond. Exciting gameplay doesnt constitute walking around environments hitting the examine button when u hear a musical cue, where is the thought in that? And why include a huge game world when u cant do anything in it? Seems like a wasted opportunity to me. The facial animation was so vague and choosing doubt resulted in the right answer anyways so wat was the point in giving u an option for truth or lie when every time you think they are lying you should have picked doubt wtf! The story sucked, the main character was a hippocrate who cheats on his wife for no reason at all the story gives no reason or resolution to it. Boring game and overrated. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon for another rockstar game. Grow some balls and tell the truth... did you REALLY have FUN playing this game? FUN! You call walking around enviroments picking up clues to musical cues and watching hours of choose ur own adventure cutscenes FUN ? You cant even pull ur gun in public in a huge open world game (wasted opportunity) , you dont even have an inventory u can access - stupid game design all around.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sickVisionz

Probably not ever made, but definitely a clunker to me. It starts off awesome but after about 1/3 of the gameplay got really dull. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if there was a code to skip anything that wasn't a cutscene or interrogation.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bybeach

Just referring to one your reasons, the protagonist was supposed to be a contradiction.He was a deeply conflicted man and that is pretty good indication why he screwed up his marriage, or simply that he could screw up his marriage. I think they bent over backwards for you to know he had issues. From the war and all.

I liked LA Noire.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AlecOfTheWest

@S1RE said:

I have felt this way about the game for a long time and was curious to see if people would actually read my reasons and respond. Exciting gameplay doesnt constitute walking around environments hitting the examine button when u hear a musical cue, where is the thought in that? And why include a huge game world when u cant do anything in it? Seems like a wasted opportunity to me. The facial animation was so vague and choosing doubt resulted in the right answer anyways so wat was the point in giving u an option for truth or lie when every time you think they are lying you should have picked doubt wtf! The story sucked, the main character was a hippocrate who cheats on his wife for no reason at all the story gives no reason or resolution to it. Boring game and overrated. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon for another rockstar game. Grow some balls and tell the truth... did you REALLY have FUN playing this game? FUN! You call walking around enviroments picking up clues to musical cues and watching hours of choose ur own adventure cutscenes FUN ? You cant even pull ur gun in public in a huge open world game (wasted opportunity) , you dont even have an inventory u can access - stupid game design all around.

Sounds like you were expecting something different than what LA Noire offered. I honestly think the game would be more accepted if it wasn't associated with Rockstar (although I know it probably wouldn't have been released without their support). People see Rockstar's logo, and immediately compare it to GTA and RDR, when it's more along the lines of a modern adventure game.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By JasonR86

I think you're coming to LA Noire for the wrong reasons if your looking for excitement and for shit to blow up.