Left 4 Dead 2, why the hate?

tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Edited By tactis

OK so background I play Left for Dead once and a while at a friends house I am not too into it but its pretty fun game so i was pretty excited about the 2nd one being announced.

But then I see alot of people saying that they feel ripped off by Valve so my first question is how can a bigger game with more content then its predecessor priced the same be a rip-off?

2nd say instead they followed what a lot of people said they should do make it dlc? so ok that means that they would lets say monthly release content lets say starting in July so thats 5 campaigns ok so thats $50 and then lets just say another $10 for the multiplayer pack

guess what guys thats still $60 just over a longer period so my real question is what is the difference? why the uproar? why the demand for DLC instead of a boxed copy?

tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tactis

OK so background I play Left for Dead once and a while at a friends house I am not too into it but its pretty fun game so i was pretty excited about the 2nd one being announced.

But then I see alot of people saying that they feel ripped off by Valve so my first question is how can a bigger game with more content then its predecessor priced the same be a rip-off?

2nd say instead they followed what a lot of people said they should do make it dlc? so ok that means that they would lets say monthly release content lets say starting in July so thats 5 campaigns ok so thats $50 and then lets just say another $10 for the multiplayer pack

guess what guys thats still $60 just over a longer period so my real question is what is the difference? why the uproar? why the demand for DLC instead of a boxed copy?

Centurion11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Centurion11

I just think they are rushing the game a little. They should take their time to get a better product. No matter anyway, I shall be playing it.

trotchky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By trotchky

Considering I've spent more hours with Left 4 Dead than any other game in the past ten years, I'm not really concerned about value for money.  The only real issue I can see is that 2 means Valve won't be supporting Left 4 Dead 1 with new content as long as many have hoped.

cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cdfishman
@Centurion11 said:
" I just think they are rushing the game a little. They should take their time to get a better product. No matter anyway, I shall be playing it. "
pretty much, 

very unusual for valve to release something this quick.

it seems that everyone is annoyed at the fact that just over a year later a sequel has arrived when the first hasnt been played to death or even got much DLC, I can understand the backlash, but it will be a solid product regardless.
Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Lowbrow

No hate on my end, just general indifference.

It just seems like more Left 4 dead, but they are packing it for 60 bucks again.

Centurion11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Centurion11
@cdfishman said:
"
@Centurion11 said:
" I just think they are rushing the game a little. They should take their time to get a better product. No matter anyway, I shall be playing it. "
pretty much, 

very unusual for valve to release something this quick.

it seems that everyone is annoyed at the fact that just over a year later a sequel has arrived when the first hasnt been played to death or even got much DLC, I can understand the backlash, but it will be a solid product regardless.
"
Agreed, they should milk the first game for all it is worth first.
fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By fugie7

No hate over here but i was expecting another DLC for the game ..this one just took me by surprise.

yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By yorro

People hate it, but they are still gonna buy it. That's why Valve isn't so woried.

ftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ftw

left 4 dead 2 is gonna be epic.

NOT!

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By optimusprime223

people are saying stuff like they need to take thier time and make a better product. Its left 4 dead, the game is a kick ass product anyway. They simply have a hell of a lot of ideas so decided to make a sequel, it will still be the same kick ass game with a slew of improvements and new characters, i honestly do not see what the problem is here.

If they bring left 4 dead 3 out next year, then ok that is getting a bit daft, but they can bring 2 out this year because the frame work it is based on is built, all the changes are more stubtle than a new engine and all that behind the scenes stuff.

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Matt_

Too soon in my opinion. I feel like I can still go back and put some good time into Left 4 Dead. I'm not ready for a sequel.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By KaosAngel

It's a fucking expansion pack at best and it's going to be sold for $49.99, Valve is turning to the dark side.

Shit like this doesn't pass for PC gamers.