weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By weltal

I've been playing a lot of RPGs lately.
I mean A LOT of them. Between Persona 4, Final Fantasy XII, and Suikoden for the PSP I've been taking turns, leveling up, starting at starry eyed anime characters and throwing magic around like nobodies business. Frankly I need a break and that's where these three games came in.

....I hate your face.
....I hate your face.

Granted they are all a bit on the old side of things but that doesn't matter when you just need to chop off some heads and throw your fists around till you break some faces.And that's what these games are all about, it's my turn damn it! It'll be your turn when your lying on the ground limbs torn from your torso, when your broken and bleeing, thats when it's your fucking turn.

God Of War

I hate to admit it but I've never played a God of War game before. Sure they looked interesting enough but I can't say the gameplay looked all that fun. So when I saw it at EB while browsing around for some random action games and it was only $9.99 I figured what the hell, I'll give it a shot. Damn. This game is pretty fucking epic. I mean christ, I took down a gigantic fucking Hydra by impaling it upon the mast of a ship which I preceded to enter it's mouth and retreave a key from a man who had been eaten earlier. Got the key, dropped down into the hydra and left. Kratos is kind of dick, to be honest. I mean damn man, was that necessary? Then not five minutes later he's getting all teary eyed over these dead women and having flashbacks of his painful past. Come on man! If your going to be a prick at least try to remain consistent.
Kratos: Kind of a dick

Anyway, the game is pretty damn awesome but the difficulty in the later levels is pretty harsh. Or maybe I just suck. In any case, searching for Pandora's Box and getting killed by these enemies that kept getting harder had me shouting at the TV until after my 5th death in a row the game gives me the option to try again on easy mode, which I accept thinking it's along the lines of The World Ends With You, in that it'll be easy for this one battle and then it'll revert to the ordinal difficulty afterwards. Damnit. I was wrong, now the game is stuck on easy. To be honest,though I can't say I'm minding the lack of difficulty. It's nice. I'll rip some guys in half and feel like I'm pretty badass without all that damn frustration.

I'm about 5 and a half hours in and enjoying it for the most part.

Viewtiful Joe

Another just plain awesome action game. This game has one of the more impressive art styles I've seen in a long time, which shouldn't be surprising I guess, because this game
Say it with me now;
Say it with me now; "Henshin a Go-go, Baby!"
comes from Clover Studios, the guys behind Okami. The action is just crazy satisfying, dodging about, slowing time and just ripping through your enemies is a blast. I can't believe I missed out on this game for so long and playing it now i fear the fact that it has to come to an end at some point, though on that note at least I know Viewtiful Joe 2 is out there, ready to be enjoyed.

I picked this up at the same time as God Of War and at 4.99 I think this is probably the most satisfying purchase I've had in a long while.

Ninja Gaiden II

I just received this in the mail today after purchasing it used on Gamefly for $14.99. I'm not terribly far into the game, at the third level but so far it's
Ryu Hayabusa; He's like a kitty!
a gory blast. Seriously, you chop off a dudes arm? He keeps on fighting. Both his legs? Still, STILL fucking fighting. This game is just pure visceral action and I'm loving every second of it. I chose to start at the easier of the two difficulties, though I don't know if that means I'm playing on easy or normal. It hasn't been too difficult yet, but having played the original I know how fast the difficulty of this game can ramp up on you so I'm expecting to be shouting at this game in the near future.

I can't overstate the violence. You get a weapon set that not only attaches to your hands like Wolverine but ALSO attached to your feet. So your like a cat. A dismembering, bloody, gore covered cat. Seriously, by the time I'm done with a combo with that weapon my opponents arms, legs and head are scattered all over the battlefield and their torso it left there, uselessly trying to pump blood into limbs that not longer connect. Ohh, Ninja. You may make me turn away from pirates.
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By weltal

I've been playing a lot of RPGs lately.
I mean A LOT of them. Between Persona 4, Final Fantasy XII, and Suikoden for the PSP I've been taking turns, leveling up, starting at starry eyed anime characters and throwing magic around like nobodies business. Frankly I need a break and that's where these three games came in.

....I hate your face.
....I hate your face.

Granted they are all a bit on the old side of things but that doesn't matter when you just need to chop off some heads and throw your fists around till you break some faces.And that's what these games are all about, it's my turn damn it! It'll be your turn when your lying on the ground limbs torn from your torso, when your broken and bleeing, thats when it's your fucking turn.

God Of War

I hate to admit it but I've never played a God of War game before. Sure they looked interesting enough but I can't say the gameplay looked all that fun. So when I saw it at EB while browsing around for some random action games and it was only $9.99 I figured what the hell, I'll give it a shot. Damn. This game is pretty fucking epic. I mean christ, I took down a gigantic fucking Hydra by impaling it upon the mast of a ship which I preceded to enter it's mouth and retreave a key from a man who had been eaten earlier. Got the key, dropped down into the hydra and left. Kratos is kind of dick, to be honest. I mean damn man, was that necessary? Then not five minutes later he's getting all teary eyed over these dead women and having flashbacks of his painful past. Come on man! If your going to be a prick at least try to remain consistent.

Anyway, the game is pretty damn awesome but the difficulty in the later levels is pretty harsh. Or maybe I just suck. In any case, searching for Pandora's Box and getting killed by these enemies that kept getting harder had me shouting at the TV until after my 5th death in a row the game gives me the option to try again on easy mode, which I accept thinking it's along the lines of The World Ends With You, in that it'll be easy for this one battle and then it'll revert to the ordinal difficulty afterwards. Damnit. I was wrong, now the game is stuck on easy. To be honest,though I can't say I'm minding the lack of difficulty. It's nice. I'll rip some guys in half and feel like I'm pretty badass without all that damn frustration.

I'm about 5 and a half hours in and enjoying it for the most part.

Viewtiful Joe

Another just plain awesome action game. This game has one of the more impressive art styles I've seen in a long time, which shouldn't be surprising I guess, because this game
Say it with me now;
Say it with me now; "Henshin a Go-go, Baby!"
comes from Clover Studios, the guys behind Okami. The action is just crazy satisfying, dodging about, slowing time and just ripping through your enemies is a blast. I can't believe I missed out on this game for so long and playing it now i fear the fact that it has to come to an end at some point, though on that note at least I know Viewtiful Joe 2 is out there, ready to be enjoyed.

I picked this up at the same time as God Of War and at 4.99 I think this is probably the most satisfying purchase I've had in a long while.

Ninja Gaiden II

I just received this in the mail today after purchasing it used on Gamefly for $14.99. I'm not terribly far into the game, at the third level but so far it's
a gory blast. Seriously, you chop off a dudes arm? He keeps on fighting. Both his legs? Still, STILL fucking fighting. This game is just pure visceral action and I'm loving every second of it. I chose to start at the easier of the two difficulties, though I don't know if that means I'm playing on easy or normal. It hasn't been too difficult yet, but having played the original I know how fast the difficulty of this game can ramp up on you so I'm expecting to be shouting at this game in the near future.

I can't overstate the violence. You get a weapon set that not only attaches to your hands like Wolverine but ALSO attached to your feet. So your like a cat. A dismembering, bloody, gore covered cat. Seriously, by the time I'm done with a combo with that weapon my opponents arms, legs and head are scattered all over the battlefield and their torso it left there, uselessly trying to pump blood into limbs that not longer connect. Ohh, Ninja. You may make me turn away from pirates.
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DARKIDO07

Oh man Viewtiful Joe is amazing, i absolutely loved that game. To bad I had to get rid of it when I sold my GameCube.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#3  Edited By dudacles

Three great games.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Pepsiman

I was originally going to chastise you for saying you hate Chie's face simply because that's heresy in these parts, but I'll forgive you simply because of the presence of Viewtiful Joe on that list. I absolutely loved me some Viewtiful Joe back in the day. It sported a great sense of humor and really satisfying gameplay; definitely one of my favorite games from the previous generation. That being said, have fun with Fire Leo when you get to him. He tends to be the bane of a lot of people's existences the first couple of attempts.