• 53 results
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Thrawn1

When is the newest let's play coming out?

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By DXSSI

I didn't like Seven Minutes.  Too easy, for one thing.  I completed it the "traditional" way on my first playthrough, and then the game's god outright gives you the solution, which I felt was poorly executed.  Was there actually a meaning to the game?  First the god tells you not to touch the blue thing (encouraging non-action), and then threatens you with the end of your existence (the solution to which is non-action).  If you take action, you die.  Non-action, then, is apparently what the god wants, and following said course of non-action results in you transforming into a god yourself.  This suggests that inaction itself is godlike, however, the god that sets you on your path does not follow his own twisted logic, as his own actions greatly influence your reality.  What he should be doing is not interfering at all—and although that may make for a lonely existence, at least it would be fair.  Seven Minutes is like some kind of paradox, unless the true meaning behind it is that god is illogical.

I have yet to try Mighty Jill-Off or Psychosomnium, but the last time I played IWBTG I got stuck and haven't tried again.  I'll be sure to give them all a shot and report back.

P.S. Here's another Masocore game for you all: Syobon Action.  It's mostly in Japanese, but I promise you already know how to play.  Just look at the screenshot below and tell me that you don't already know how to play!  (Just press Up to jump.)   Download Link

I dare you to beat Syobon Action.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Rowr
DXSSI said:
"I didn't like Seven Minutes.  Too easy, for one thing.  I completed it the "traditional" way on my first playthrough, and then the game's god outright gives you the solution, which I felt was poorly executed.  Was there actually a meaning to the game?  First the god tells you not to touch the blue thing (encouraging non-action), and then threatens you with the end of your existence (the solution to which is non-action).  If you take action, you die.  Non-action, then, is apparently what the god wants, and following said course of non-action results in you transforming into a god yourself.  This suggests that inaction itself is godlike, however, the god that sets you on your path does not follow his own twisted logic, as his own actions greatly influence your reality.  What he should be doing is not interfering at all—and although that may make for a lonely existence, at least it would be fair.  Seven Minutes is like some kind of paradox, unless the true meaning behind it is that god is illogical.
It is much easier than it appears.

That is an interesting take on it, my reading was that, when you are being given advice by someone wiser than yourself, you should take that to heart rather than be arrogant and work against it. It's kind of ingrained in video game mentality to constantly push ahead and make progress, while expecting to defeat a boss at the end. I like the way it flew in the face of that.

DXSSI said:
"I have yet to try Mighty Jill-Off or Psychosomnium, but the last time I played IWBTG I got stuck and haven't tried again.  I'll be sure to give them all a shot and report back.

P.S. Here's another Masocore game for you all: Syobon Action.  It's mostly in Japanese, but I promise you already know how to play.  Just look at the screenshot below and tell me that you don't already know how to play!  (Just press Up to jump.)   Download Link

"

sweet. I might include syobon action in a future let's play so we can explore it better, as this one is drawing to a close.

Thrawn said:
"When is the newest let's play coming out?"
Sorry mate, i have been away from the internets the last few days, we should have a new one up later today/tommorrow

I plan to put up future editions every saturday (american time), sunday (my time), so people who are busier through the week have some time on the weekend to play fresh after release.