Little Big Planet.. Will be Amazing. Too bad it will sell Poorly

GearsGamer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GearsGamer360

Dont get me wrong, I think Littlebigplanet will be amazing and im buying it day 1, But unfortunatley I can just see this as a game that gets very great reviews everywhere but just wont quite catch on to the average game consumer and wont sell well. I mean look at MGS4, a proven franchise with a rather large fanbase and with tons of hype and it couldnt even break a million in sales in a month here in the US. I think personally the games that will sell a ton will be Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2 will sell very solid also, I honestly see Socom pulling a warhawk, selling only 500k units and staying there. The biggest hitter will be killzone 2 IF it scores well. Now I know sales shouldnt matter to us gamer but to an extent gamers should be concerned if a game sells bad because that means no sequels if it flops.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Thunder

You make a good point but i think it will sell well. It looks like a kid friendly game and people who dont know much about it might consider purchesing it for their kids

GearsGamer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GearsGamer360
Thunder said:
"

You make a good point but i think it will sell well. It looks like a kid friendly game and people who dont know much about it might consider purchesing it for their kids

"

True but the bad thing is, not many little kids own a PS3 all kids between 10-14 own a Wii or 360, the PS3 fanbase consists of either gamers between 17-24 and middle aged people that bought the console for the blu ray player. Its too bad becauase this game will be amazing
TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TimeWaffle

i think sony will market the hell out of it and that will boost sales

GearsGamer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GearsGamer360
DrDemon said:
"i think sony will market the hell out of it and that will boost sales
"

I hope so because I really want this game to sell well, it just doesnt seem like no matter how hard sony tries they just cant move much software, the 360 is really the gamer's console, look at MGS4, that was hyped to hell and it didnt even break a million in the USA in its first month while you have games like Halo 3 and COD4 that break 2 million in its first day
samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By samcotts

I know what you mean. Your casual / average gamer wouldn't take interest in a game that, on the surface, looks like a kids game. It's a shame, games like LBP won't come around very often.

I don't know, if they market it right, I could see them attracting every gamer, but they need to show people what exactly LBP is all about. I really hope it sells well, I think this has a great chance of being one of my favourite games of this gen.

I'm currently trying to show my best friend why LBP will be awesome, in an attempt to get him to buy it, but I'm failing at the moment, he just doesn't understand what's so great about it.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thunder
GearsGamer360 said:
"Thunder said:
"

"

True but the bad thing is, not many little kids own a PS3 all kids between 10-14 own a Wii or 360, the PS3 fanbase consists of either gamers between 17-24 and middle aged people that bought the console for the blu ray player. Its too bad becauase this game will be amazing"
Yea your right i forgot about that. I really hope it sells well because it is so amazing
MOSES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MOSES

I also share this feeling of dread for this games sells.

But as somebody else stated already, it really depends on how they market it.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By turboman  Staff

If Sony really markets it and gets its point across on the commercial(The Youtube of Games), then it could do something... big

and MGS 4 did not sell badly at all.....

Warhawk did not sell badly at all...

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Will1Lucky

Its guarenteed to fail in my Country (UK) same week Fifa 09 on every format imagineable, I wonder which one will sell most?

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By efrucht

It will sell well by word of mouth and by the market onslaught Sony and game reviewers have been subjecting us to.
Even my friend, the biggest XBOX blood 'n' guts fan ever, expressed interest in it.

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shinedown220

I don't know what planet your from, but I bet your wrong.

And if you believe that, I know a Presidential Candidate that you will love!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, it will get amazing reviews, for sure. Just look at every damn preview for god sakes, all nothing but positivity. And Sony will be marketing this game HEAVILY, so expect to walk into a gamestop with a trailer/guide showing you what LBP is.

zdmetal2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zdmetal2101

That game is being overhyped like hell. Trust me its gonna sell well.

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shinedown220
GearsGamer360 said:
"DrDemon said:
"

I hope so because I really want this game to sell well, it just doesnt seem like no matter how hard sony tries they just cant move much software, the 360 is really the gamer's console, look at MGS4, that was hyped to hell and it didnt even break a million in the USA in its first month while you have games like Halo 3 and COD4 that break 2 million in its first day"

The NPD's didn't count the bundle. And they don't count stores like Wal-Mart. 

Almost 1 million in 3 weeks in one territory is still pretty damn good.

MGS has always been a much more hardcore franchise than Halo or CoD.
whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By whyzenheimer

The weeks before it launches it needs a massive prime-time TV campaign to speak to the audience who has no clue what the hell it is.  The characters that have been shown for it are marketing gold, and their faces need to be plastered everywhere until people who don't care about videogames are asking about it.  If that is done, I'm sure it will do well.  Otherwise it could be another critical and player darling that bites the dust big time.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By somesthetic

think Katamari Damacy.

it'll be big.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Systech

It will sell a lot of copies as a PS3 title, just not as much as a 360 game would. They need to get more PS3's into houses, simple as that. I'm still hoping for this game, though.

Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Mattzz10

Metal Gear Solid has a very hardcore following, but it not very well known out of that circle.  The appeal of littlebigplanet comes from the fact that they can market sackboy to the entire ps3 market.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chaos_Bladez
DrDemon said:
"

They need to do that.
Who knows? Word of mouth will spread and the overall "cuteness" could appeal to everyone.
mawfu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mawfu

G4 will push the game. They could stop talking about it during the E3 coverage. I think it will sell consistently and eventuality outsell MGS4.  

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I could see it selling just about as well as something like Super Smash Bros.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chaos_Bladez said:
"DrDemon said:
"

They need to do that.
Who knows? Word of mouth will spread and the overall "cuteness" could appeal to everyone."

They are going to be backing it up big time, they have even come out and said so.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Clean

It isn't going to stop me from purchasing it

Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nik_NYG

I'm getting it day 1 as well.

Avatar image for bread_or_decide
bread_or_decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bread_or_decide

It's going to sell through the roof. This games got a buzz behind it thats right on the pulse of PS3 owners everywhere.

Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wuffi

im getting it day 1 i hope it sells well

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pause422

I really hope it does well,we've had too many of those "amazing games that no one buys" instead being "shitty games that get hyped and everyone buys" through the years,but LBP really looks to be something unique. I'm getting it first day also. I think it has a better chance to do well then some past great games that sold like shit,because it does definitely has a certain appeal to just about everyone. Anyway,I can't wait to see what some of the users come up with after its launch,I'm generally not that good with creating things,but I still can't wait to see what I can do in this game.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29  Edited By Termite

Well, it's shaping up to be an amazing game. So I hope it does well, and I think it will. It simply has so much damn hype that I can't see it not doing well

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Shadow

Anyone who owns a PS3 is already out of the segment of wii-owning grandmothers so this is not out of the interest range of PS3 owners.  Also, Killzone is a widely unknown franchise.  There is no reason it would sell so much better than all the other AAA PS3 games.

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HitNRun

It's a game that would probably do better later in the PS3's lifecycle when it has more (and more casual) users. Right now, in the US for example, there are less than 5 million PS3 owners. How many of those people are interested in a game like LBP? Keep in mind, probably about 1.5 million (so far, my guesstimate based on June's numbers) have picked up the system-seller MGS4.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By brukaoru

Metal Gear Solid 4 actually did sell over a million copies in the United States if you count the copies that were bundled with a PS3 (Source). Anyway, I think LBP will sell well worldwide, it doesn't necessarily need to top sales charts in the U.S. to make a good profit and have a good following.

Avatar image for bread_or_decide
bread_or_decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bread_or_decide
Shadow said:
"Anyone who owns a PS3 is already out of the segment of wii-owning grandmothers so this is not out of the interest range of PS3 owners.  Also, Killzone is a widely unknown franchise.  There is no reason it would sell so much better than all the other AAA PS3 games."

You mean..games like Resistance, Uncharted. Warhawk, and MGS4 that sold over one million copies?
HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HazBazz

Its one of Sony's biggest games, they're going to advertise the hell out of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly, and I REALLY think this could do great in Japan, when shown at TGS it got great feedback. If Sony advertises it right in Japan, then it could be even 'huger'. :P

brew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By brew

I think it will reach at least a million by the end of December worldwide and push a few systems to those who can afford one because Sony will be pushing it hard and it will be critically acclaimed as well. That would be pretty good considering the ps3's current demographic and pricepoint.

I think I am buying 3 copies , 2 as gifts.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Milkman

I'm sure LittleBigPlanet will do fine. It might not sell millions and millions of copies but I'm sure the sales will be decent enough.

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hungry_bunny

It will draw a lot of attention on Youtube so I'm pretty sure a lot of people will see it, hear about it and buy it.

I can't wait to see the best user-created levels. I might keep an eye out for some GB-themed levels too...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just thought of an awesome level... all it contains are spinning wheels (fast) with several ropes hanging off of them. Below is, well, death. You swing from rope to rope basically, but with the rope spinning in circles, like a swing that is not swining, but spinning. O_O

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Demyx

Hmm, I'll pick up LBP, but I don't know when.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demyx said:
"

Hmm, I'll pick up LBP, but I don't know when.

"

October 21st? :P
FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

It'll sell well.

HoldSteady828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By HoldSteady828

Word of mouth will do wonders for that game. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, like YouTube. I honestly don't know anyone who wouldn't be interested in this game. It should appeal to every single human on the earth XD.

Once they know what it is and play it of course.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Homer

I really hope it does well.. sony needs it =\

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they need it, MM needs it. Not only do they need it but the deserve it.