Longest Single Frame in Animation or Movies

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion today as it became available on Netflix and the final scene in episode 4 has a shot that is 1 single frame for almost an entire minute.

The only sound effects are chirping cicadas and a voice over a loudspeaker at a train station.

If it wasn't for the sound, I would have thought my stream would have frozen.

A little ridiculous if you ask me even if I understand the reasons behind this decision (cut costs).

What is the longest single frame either in animation or in film that you have seen.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Single shots? There's one in Goodfellas and A Touch of Evil. Those are the two big ones I remember. In terms of gaming, MGSV is full of single shot scenes. Kojima went nuts for them.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@shindig said:

Single shots? There's one in Goodfellas and A Touch of Evil. Those are the two big ones I remember. In terms of gaming, MGSV is full of single shot scenes. Kojima went nuts for them.

No, single frame. He explained what he meant pretty thoroughly in the post and even gave examples.

"If it wasn't for the sound, I would have thought my stream would have frozen."

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Funny how by just reading the thread title that NGE came to mind. But I'm not going to name the scenes that came to mind because of spoilers, because I'm such a nice guy.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By liquiddragon

I turned on a Ken Burns doc a few weeks ago and I only watched a few minutes of it but I noticed they used a lot of still images in place of talking heads.