Looking back, which system has been the most disappointing to you?

• 60 results
bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By bybeach

I would say the PS3. My X-Box360 of course broke. But all I had to do was commiserate with the rep. on the phone, and feel like I was kissing ass a little. Of course it cost me nothing for a replacement. Par for the RROD course, and it amused me.

The PS3 on the other hand was set it up for repair(don't think I got to talk to anyone), and it cost me MONEY, (The blu Ray Drive.). Just out of the warranty, pretty shitty in my book. At least Microsoft had a voice, a person on the phone.

I would say that I still liked both machines, though I liked the PS3 just a little more. And it was a fat-retro playing launch machine, so I could replay the only PS2 game I had ever owned, Killer-7.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

PS4. I bought one several years after release. It was by and large unused for gaming by me as I already had PC and xbox. When the 1x arrived I jettisoned both my PS4 and my xbox to get it. Haven't had any regrets.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

easily Vita.

the system itself is fucking amazing...and there's hardly anything for it.

Newfangled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

360 for me. I think I got less than two years out of that console before it broke on me, despite the care I used to handle my gaming systems with. Wouldn't touch the One with a bargepole.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

As a kid who mostly grew up on Nintendo stuff, the Wii came out right around the time I started realizing other consoles existed and had games I wanted to play. As a result, once I got my 360, the Wii tended to collect its fair share of dust. That's mostly a context thing, but even in a retrospective pound-for-pound comparison of good (mostly first-party) exclusives, I'd honestly take the Wii U's motley dozen-or-so quality games over the Wii's much larger library. There were years filled with a whole lotta NOTHING for that console and when noteworthy games did start coming out near the end of its lifespan it took a bunch of grumpy fans with that whole Project Rainfall thing to get a trio of RPGs released in the US.

Also, having played some Super Mario Party today, I can confirm that motion controls are and have always been kinda bullshit. Probably should've led with that, but that's honestly why I've still never played Skyward Sword. Certainly, that dumbass Wii U tablet was a gimmick and a mistake, but for something the entire console was built around, it sure didn't matter much outside of ZombiU and Nintendo Land.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

When I was a kid I wanted a Gameboy for my birthday, but my parents bought me a Gamegear instead. The Gamegear had few decent games, but I don't think I own any. I had a crappy X-Men beat-em-up, a Sonic port that just seemed bad, and a lacklustre Power Rangers game. I had a couple more, but those were the stand outs that I remember.

The system took 6 (six!) AA batteries, which would last around 3 hours or so. My parents got fed up with me constantly asking for new batteries, so they bought me a charging cable that was about half a meter (little less than two feet) long. I would be tied to the wall to play these bad games. I have no idea why I subjected myself to that since I had a SNES, but I was a dumb kid I guess.

The only time I was allowed batteries was during car trips to see my family. It was about a 7 hour drive through the prairies. One time we saw a moose, but other than that it was pretty dull. So I would be allowed one pack of 12 AA batteries for there and back, which would shut me up for about 6 hours of the 14 hour round trip.

Eventually my parents got tired of my whining and asking for batteries, so they traded in the Gamegear and bought me a GameBoy Colour with Pokémon Yellow. Honestly, they probably spent more on batteries than the cost of the Gameboy would have been. Moral of the story: if you're shopping for Christmas gifts to give a child right now, just buy them what they ask for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5f33a6b34f9
deactivated-5d5f33a6b34f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Probably the 3DS. Just not a lot of titles that had me interested, and while the 3D stuff was novel for a bit I grew tired of it. Definitely the console I’ve used the least.

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By tatsuyarr

Xbox One for me. It's still my main console but the user experience on this console is the worst I've ever had: can't start a game without updating it before, you often have to start your game twice because the first start results in a timeout error, if you're not connected to Xbox Live you can'access anything online (you can on PS4 if you ask), no real storage management, slow and not intuitive interface, achievements not working offline. I kept it because I like my achievements but next gen I'll consider switching to Playstation if all of the above are still present on the next Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

PS Vita: Overpriced proprietary memory cards and lackluster support from Sony in the west

and managing your digital games and DLC was terrible

PS TV: The fact that you could only play games that was added to a white list annoyed me to no end.. Specially when the fact is that all games will run on it if you just hack it to bypass the white list check

Also the Wifi was awful

draltor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Xbox One. I loved the 360 (my first one still works) and was looking forward to the One. It was disappointing from the start. The TV stuff never really worked for me. Even today, it asks me every day if I want xbox live. (NO! I don't) Even the free offers require you to input a credit card. Sometimes it won't even turn on using the controller. Games take forever to install. I don't think it is a terrible system. But, it is annoying and very disappointing.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Easily the Gamecube. The versions of the classic Nintendo franchises went from subpar (Mario Sunshine) to terrible (Star Fox Adventures), it had no online play capabilities, and its selection of third party games was small and weak. It was my last Nintendo console.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: "sold the other to a stupid girl down the street"

hahahaha, this made me laugh. Idk why you felt the need to put that detail in but that is hilarious.

She had the console for about a week before she sold it on again. She has ... issues.