#1 Posted by vizard1301 (233 posts) -

I keep looking for one,but it seems i have played so many of them that i can't seem to find a nice new one to get into.

Any suggestions?

#2 Posted by MeierTheRed (5879 posts) -

You should probably tell us what platforms you have access to.

#3 Posted by redwing42 (498 posts) -

Also, games that you have played and enjoyed in the past, do get a better idea of what you would like.

#4 Posted by NyxTowa (1003 posts) -
#5 Posted by vizard1301 (233 posts) -

I have a pc and games like morrowind,skyrim,the witcher 3,but i dont mind suggestions of even older games.

Got this weird feeling to just play a good rpg,graphics and things don't matter to me,just want a good story.

#6 Posted by Nime (566 posts) -

LISA.

#7 Edited by PlasmaDuck (230 posts) -

If you haven't played it, Baldurs Gate 2. I played it for the first time a year ago and its probably the best RPG I've ever played. Otherwise I'd suggest Shadowrun, specifically the Dragonfall and Hong Kong stories. Cyberpunk Tactical RPG with fantastic writing.

#8 Edited by odinsmana (982 posts) -

Pillars of eternity

Fallout New Vegas

#9 Posted by poser (747 posts) -

As far as "new" RPGs go... Divinity - Original Sin and Fallout: New Vegas.

They are both very accessible and ease the player into the more complex stuff. It's a good starting point if you're just getting to these kinds of games.

#10 Posted by vizard1301 (233 posts) -

I have played all of those aswell

Im tempted to even reinstall diablo 2 again.

#11 Posted by GnaTSoL (875 posts) -

RANCE

#12 Posted by Onemanarmyy (4170 posts) -

Dragons dogma

#13 Posted by Humanity (18573 posts) -

@vizard1301: If you want a good story, then hey, if you want to dig deep then get Planescape: Torment

Amazing story, kinda ehhh gameplay, tons and toooonnnsss of reading.

#14 Posted by PlasmaDuck (230 posts) -

What about an old Final Fantasy? Square's been shoveling those out on steam. FF9 is my personal favorite.

#15 Posted by dogbox (623 posts) -

Hmm, how about one of these:

• Neverwinter Nights
  • Temple of Elemental Evil (great w/ the community patch)
  • Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines (ditto)
  • Nox
  • Arcanum (not the best combat but a super interesting world and some great RP mechanics)

These are all different kinds of RPGs, sorta, but I'd recommend them all highly.

#16 Edited by L33T_HAXOR (939 posts) -

Shadowrun Dragonfall is freaking great! Shadowrun Hong Kong is supposed to be good too.

Edit: well if you've played that already and need to dig deeper... I've read good things about Underrail and Age of Decadence which came out last year. Haven't played them myself.

#17 Posted by vizard1301 (233 posts) -

Thank you all for this,unfortunately i have ended all of those games.

I was thinking about an old FF but i have ended them so many times in the past.

#18 Posted by soulcake (2629 posts) -

SWTOR II Best game ever made.

#19 Edited by MeMonk (320 posts) -

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is a very good JRPG.

The Banner Saga, Valkyria Chronicles,Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Also Grandia 2

Jagged Alliance 2 is an xcom like game with good RPG elements and is one of the best games ever.

Disgaea is on PC now.

Also if you like Diablo Warframe is a great game.

#20 Edited by Rahf (488 posts) -

Are you a completionist? If yes I suggest Suikoden 1, 2, and 3.

#21 Posted by ftrevelin (95 posts) -

Got a little bit of hype going for Dishonored 2 and Prey, so decided to play Arx Fatalis by the same dev, liking it a lot, quite nice rpg, with a Deus Ex / Ultima Underworld thing going, I highly recommend it.

#22 Edited by Slag (8155 posts) -

@vizard1301: It would help if you gave us some more parameters

Some idea of what you've played (since it seems you have played a ton of these) and what systems you have would help a lot.

EDIT: this thread may give you some ideas http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1235239

#23 Posted by PlasmaDuck (230 posts) -

@memonk: Ah shit yeah Valkyria Chronicles is amazing! One of my absolute favorites from last gen of consoles.

#24 Edited by dagas (3659 posts) -

Final Fantasy X HD

If you only have a PC then that is probably the best JRPG you can play. You seem to have played pretty much every Western RPG already.

#25 Posted by Humanity (18573 posts) -

As far as PC goes it seems you've played all the best RPGs there are.

#26 Posted by aiomon (114 posts) -

If you like more traditional RPGs (oldschool, if you will) I'd strongly recommend Dragon Age Origins. Very strong story, writing and the combat is super good. On that note, DA3 is also a strong choice.

#27 Posted by Zelyre (1898 posts) -

Since no one's recommended it yet:

Vampire: Bloodlines

#28 Posted by ArbitraryWater (15664 posts) -

Here are a couple off the top of my head, since you seem like you're cool with old PC RPG stuff:

• Temple of Elemental Evil (The best simulacrum of pen and paper D&D you'll ever find. Just make sure to install the fan mod that fixes all the bugs)
  • Might and Magic VI-VIII (not really all that story focused, but they're fun exploration/combat heavy first person party stuff)
  • Wizardry 8 (another old-school party-based dungeon crawl-y thing. It's long as hell and has some great combat. Consider installing the fan-made speed hack to make sure you don't go insane waiting for enemies to move into position)
  • That new Baldur's Gate expansion thing (I've only played a couple of hours and I'm gonna give it a tentative "This might not be bad," especially given the overblown reaction it's gotten)

#29 Posted by Nightriff (7193 posts) -

Costume Quest

#30 Posted by audioBusting (2558 posts) -

Since the question is so vague, why not just go down the list of top-rated RPG's on this one video game wiki website, and see what catches your eyes. Like so. I personally recommend KotOR II though!

#31 Posted by youeightit (231 posts) -

I didn't see this mentioned, so: Mother 3 w English patch. Play it on an emulator, and import the cartridge for legal/collection purposes.

#32 Posted by Henny (115 posts) -

South Park: The Stick of Truth is pretty easy to get into if you like that sort of humor. The combat system is turn based JRPG style with some QTE.

#33 Posted by vizard1301 (233 posts) -

Thanks for all the help guys!That list is really awesome i will check out some of the titles there.

Also why is the FFX remake on steam 34gigs or so?

#34 Posted by viking_funeral (2881 posts) -

@vizard1301: FFX on Steam has all the language packs, which add up to a lot of unused data (normally).

#35 Posted by ajamafalous (13811 posts) -

Also why is the FFX remake on steam 34gigs or so?

Seems to be both FFX and X-2, so it's probably just a bunch of different languages of uncompressed audio for both games.