Looking for a new gaming headset

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Hey dudes!

So, I've had my current headset for a long time. We're talking, September 2014 (It's frightening how long Amazon stores your info for...)

I've been using this for a while, and it's finally falling apart, or at least, people on discord are reporting some crackling issues.

I'm looking for a new headset! What do you people recommend? I wanna spend somewhere in the region of...£30-£75?

I've seen this, and it looks like a no brainer, but if anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear. Oh also, if I use the headphones/mic ports on the FRONT of my PC, will I still be able to use the 7.1 features? Do I need a proper sound card?

Cheers friends :D

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gerrid

Your motherboard probably has virtual surround support anyway, just make sure the front ports are hooked up.

I have the HyperX Cloud 2 (the red one is £66 on amazon), and it's really fantastic. Very comfortable ear cups, metal rather than plastic so it feels very durable, stitched detailing on the cushioned headband, inline controls with an extension cable that's pretty handy, reinforced connection points, a removable mic (which is really useful honestly). Sound quality is great and the mic is very clear, especially since it has the foam muffler which means you won't pick up breathing noises. It's also articulated so you can move it around to find the right point for you.

In my experience the cheaper plastic sets like that Logitech do not last that long, and create more pressure on your head, and the articulation points end up cracking eventually - look at the pictures in the Amazon reviews and that's exactly what has happened to other people.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jesus_Phish
@gerrid said:

I have the HyperX Cloud 2 (the red one is £66 on amazon), and it's really fantastic. Very comfortable ear cups, metal rather than plastic so it feels very durable, stitched detailing on the cushioned headband, inline controls with an extension cable that's pretty handy, reinforced connection points, a removable mic (which is really useful honestly). Sound quality is great and the mic is very clear, especially since it has the foam muffler which means you won't pick up breathing noises. It's also articulated so you can move it around to find the right point for you.

I second this recommendation. I have the Cloud 2 and my girlfriend has the Cloud. Both great affordable headsets.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 14

#4 FinalDasa  Moderator

I have that exact Logitech headset and so far so good. They're pretty comfy, very adjustable, and whenever you can grab them on sale it's totally worth it. They also come with a small USB converter cable if you don't have open headphone and microphone ports.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cooler Master MH751 (or 752).

Loading Video...

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers