Looking for a new MOBA

PandemoniumZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PandemoniumZA

I've been playing what I would call "traditional" MOBA games for years and by traditional I mean games such as Dota,HoN and most recently LoL but lately I have got tired of the old recipe and I'm looking for a new one with some big changes to what I'm used to for example I liked Demi-god because of the non-traditional maps,upgrading you could do to buildings and creeps and the random capture points that enabled you to spawn more minions but hated the fact that it had so few heroes and as such after a while stopped playing the game.The reason I'm looking for a new game to play of this genre is because Dota has become rather frustrating to play because it is rather old being a custom map for War3 it lacks things such as a reconnect feature and the ability to have account statistics etc. and I have not been fortunate enough to get into the Dota 2 beta,Heroes of Newerth was a game I found fun in for about a year until I started feeling that more effort went into tweaking heroes from Dota so that they would seem original than actually creating unique heroes of their own,League of Legends felt like the answer to all my prayers because it was quite innovative and had all the features I thought I needed but now with an account at max level I find it difficult to play random ranked games as the result is often nothing more than infighting amongst team mates and unorganized rabble and as much as i enjoy the normal games they are becoming rather boring to me although when they introduced their new game mode of Dominion I thought it would be the thing to keep me playing for a while longer but it too has become rather stale and so I found myself playing normal summoners rift again.So I'm asking you guys if you could recommend some games of the MOBA genre that are worth checking out?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#2  Edited By Kidavenger
Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Anund

You should be looking for the enter key.

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

You could check out Smite. There should be a beta starting for it in the very near future and it has unique take on the MOBA genre.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Super Monday Night Combat does something interesting to the MOBA concept by shifting the perspective to third person and making it a shooter. I think it'd be just the breath of fresh air that you need.

bellmont42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bellmont42
vstag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By vstag

Sins of a Dark Age seems like will be cool, its a MOBA that adds in another player the controls the creeps as in a RTS game and he also does base building and the like.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SSully

@S0ndor said:

Super Monday Night Combat does something interesting to the MOBA concept by shifting the perspective to third person and making it a shooter. I think it'd be just the breath of fresh air that you need.

I agree with this. They have done a great job with SMNC so far.