Looking for a super chill game.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Hey duders,

I am looking for a real chill game. I've been mainlining Dark Souls 3 and similar games, and I just need something to cool out on. Something No Man's Sky-ish. I tried Stardew Valley but honestly, even the day timer on that game stresses me out. I am just looking for something super chill that I can zone out in. Anything new or old, I dont mind.

Thanks!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Proteus seems like it might fit the bill.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that game. Thanks!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hohokum is very chill.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Thanks! Ill check it out. I've heard good things.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i actually find the Forza Horizon games pretty relaxing (mostly). you could forego the events and just drive around for awhile and it still feels good.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Have you tried No Man's Sky?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@CastroCasper: There's a great "hub" part to the game where you and your weird snake buddies all dance around. They copy your movement in some way, it's sort of like playing with a digital spirograph and it's great to just look at and make these dancing patterns.

Avatar image for jdizzlefoshizzle
jdizzlefoshizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

boobah zone

davequirky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CastroCasper: "Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR" not the best golf game in recent years, but I've enjoyed my time with it. if you put all the assists on, its quite easy and have to put very little thought into shots, as the game just draws a line of where the ball will go/land.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sims 3

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Somebody already recommended it, but yeah Proteus is an excellent chill out game. If you have a PS3/PS4, I would also suggest Flower and Journey. I also remember finding some peace with Sound Shapes when I played through the main courses on my Vita.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

Unironically this.

Put on all the Glory Kill related runes and just rip everything apart and the little input needed part becomes accurate. Relaxing music? Eh, when I've had a bad day, something about blaring industrial metal while I absolutely devastate some hellspawn soothes my weary bones.

As for a more true to the spirit answer, Rebel Galaxy is my personal relaxation game right now.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@sdoots said:

Unironically this.

Put on all the Glory Kill related runes and just rip everything apart and the little input needed part becomes accurate. Relaxing music? Eh, when I've had a bad day, something about blaring industrial metal while I absolutely devastate some hellspawn soothes my weary bones.

As for a more true to the spirit answer, Rebel Galaxy is my personal relaxation game right now.

I'll actually add on to this. It's definitely a person to person thing, but as someone who relaxes fairly poorly when left alone with my thoughts, blasting it all away with industrial metal actually does the trick. Though I might be inclined to just listen to the soundtrack over playing the game, It is pretty hectic after all. :P

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doki doki universe

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By liquiddragon

I agree with @beachthunder. Proteus is chill as fuck. Just beat Abzu, that's pretty chill. I remember Grow Home being pretty chill as well.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Banished, Craft the World, Prison Architect, and This War of Mine. All great games.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By DharmaBum

Viva Pinata. It has the potential to be stressful, but you can play at your own pace and simply soak in the bright colors and pleasant atmosphere.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SarcasticMudcrab

The Talos Principle. I like relaxing with a puzzle game but maybe some would find that frustrating.

Kingdom is super chilled, although it does get a bit tense at night, love that game.

My secret guilty pleasure is actually minecraft, I'm 36 so I feel a bit like I'm not suppose to be playing it but it's got that zen about it. About once a week I just dig for half an hour and then something feels slightly better in the world...

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarcasticmudcrab: Dude, i just turned 33 and i'm the same way about Minecraft. That game just settles me down. great choice.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kcin
Trenox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would definitely recommend The Witness and the more recent Obduction. Both great and very chill.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witness and Grow Home are pretty good in that regard.

AnthonyWalkens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AnthonyWalkens

Maybe try out Cities: Skylines, I find the process of laying out a city and watching it grow very meditative. If you just want to build your city and limit the more gamey aspects there are included mods that allow you to have infinite money and buy all the land plots from the beginning. I would also suggest finding a mod on the Workshop that gives you an infinite cemetery with a huge range(trust me). I think Sim City 4 and Sim City 3000(available on GoG) still hold up today if you want a city builder, but don't want Cities: Skylines.

Sysyphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trilogy to out chill all games. I present That Game Company's Flow, Flower, and Journey.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ABZU - not only is the normal gameplay a relaxing atmosphere... It even has a dedicated Meditation modes specifically for chilling out!

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

To be honest, I find Civilization V is extremely relaxing. It's complicated at first, but you can and are encouraged to take your time with everything.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#29  Edited By Slag
bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody mention Kentucky Route 0?

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Floating Point! Splice! Splice is a puzzle game, but it's maybe the most relaxing game I've ever played.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By zombie2011

Forza Horizon 3 is right around the corner.

Horzion 2 was my go to relaxing game. The music and the environment were just perfect which made driving around in that game a joy.

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trenox said:

I would definitely recommend The Witness and the more recent Obduction. Both great and very chill.

Absolutely not The Witness. I got angrier at that game than any other I've ever played and I've been playing Dota for 10 years.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give Abzu a shot. After a long ass day at work I also like to play No Mans Sky and just kinda cruise around and explore. Also if you have PS+ Journey is free this month.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Blackout62
@bybeach said:

Anybody mention Kentucky Route 0?

Hang on, how literate is the @CastroCasper? Cause going into KRZ with a knowledge of the American literary canon is going to make it into a muchmoreinvesting experience.

Trenox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimsonjesus: Fair enough, i guess you have to appreciate puzzles to enjoy it :)

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@CastroCasper: I'll go ahead and give like the fifth or sixth recommendation for Abzu. I mean a big part of that game is literally reserved for meditation.

beanswater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen a couple forza horizon mentions up there and in the same vein I'd recommend Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Just drive around looking at windmills and landmarks and scenery making money shipping potatoes. It's one of my go to podcast games.

Rebel Galaxy always plays as a combat game for me, I'll have to try switching up how I play to make it more relaxing

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26