Looking for a wiki editor!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zuurix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

'Ello all!

I am an indie game developer and I need someone to fill my game's wiki with content - not too much, just minimum, so it would stop looking like a barren wasteland. I tried doing it myself but ended up with 2 warnings, so I am not going try again. It's not like I'm perfect at describing games/writing/English either =P

And it's pretty difficult to edit with every move sent for 2 days of moderation.

So, how about I provide a free copy to play a game for 1-2 hours to get what the game is about and in return I get a short - BUT decent - game description/overview, few screenshots and maybe a few concepts in my game's wiki page? I will assist in any way I can.

Do not worry, the game is not some terrible garbage, it's just unpopular! I would post a link to the game, but I'd get banned or something, so just PM me if interested.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Eh, I'm not a rules-wizard, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be asking this either. The problem is, you are essentially trying to bribe people to write positively and/or promote your game for you. The purpose of the wiki is to provide information, not advertisement or an opinion. I doubt you would've been moderated for adding information to the wiki-page of your game. I'm making an assumption here, but the stuff you wrote is probably not koosjer.

What was the reason for your moderation?

SnowyPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It doesent sound like Zuurix is asking for anyone to talk about the game favourably, just describe it accurately.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snowypliskin: I guess so. I'll completely admit I'm just making assumptions. Because why would he have been moderated twice from editing the wiki himself if it wasn't shady? I'm probably reaching though.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really won't let you edit the wiki for your own game?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@hunkulese: The game is in his wiki history. And im not sure if the site is broken or not, but you can also see the moderator comment on why it was denied. Looks like he just needs to follow the wiki rules a little more and he should be fine.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#7  Edited By Kidavenger

http://www.giantbomb.com/sector-six/3030-58666/

I added some facts and screenshots of the game to the wiki; but without playing it, I can't really write anything in the body of the page; and honestly I don't have time to play it but the game does look interesting.

Good luck developer man.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I read through the wiki FAQ and didn't see anything that would prevent a dev from adding his own game to the wiki.

Biggest pitfall for a dev seems to be putting marketing material on the wikipage or being opinionated about the game instead of listing the raw facts of the game.

As long as it's uniquely written content that straight up states what genre it is, what the story / gameplay is like, and which features the game possesses, i don't see a reason why it should get denied.

Just try to avoid claims like 'highly innovative cover mechanics' ' best in class shooter' and other kinds of subjective value statements and it should get accepted.

I would expect that the denied entries would include a comment from the mods about the reason for the deny though.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanarmyy: I see two out of three of his edits are approved, the denied one has no comment that I can see.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@zevvion: Avoid using the second-person perspective on the wiki. - Zombiepie

So i guess everything's clear now.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Zuurix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Ah, I didn't know there was a moderator's comment - see, I'm a total noob. And no, I'm not asking for a promotion.

@Kidavenger: Thanks a lot!

My offer still stands.

michaeleconomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, I can't create new topics so sorry i'm rebooting this old discussion. (I get an error - must comment on three other topics first, so here goes).

I added another platform to the latest "Master of orion" game. (That game is playable on both mac and pc according to the steam page) and my edit hasn't been accepted yet. What's the deal here? do i have to post to the forum everytime i make an edit?

While I'm at it, I've got a bug to report. Browsing giant bomb on safari latest version only shows me the mobile version of the site. Where is the correct place to report this?

Best,

-Michael

michaeleconomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?

michaeleconomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points