Looking to build a PC for around $1,000 USD. Can you help me build it?

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As the title suggests, I am looking to build a PC and I have around a $1,000 USD budget.

I don't know much about PC parts so I was hoping the experts here on GiantBomb could help me build a great unit for around that price point.

I plan on hooking the PC up to my 55 inch 1080p TV so I don't need 4K unless I can have 4K capability at $1,000.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By conmulligan

I specced you a quick build over at PC Part Picker. Some notes:

• The B450 motherboard's BIOS will need to be flashed to support 3rd gen Ryzen before you can use with the 3600 CPU. By now, most units should have already been flashed at the factory or by the retailer, but if you're unsure you can contact the retailer or buy the MAX variant which has Ryzen 3000 support out of the box.
  • If you don't care about RGB, you can save a bit on RAM. I wouldn't get anything slower than 3200 CL16, though.
  • I haven't included a CPU cooler because the 3600 comes with an OK one. If noise is a big concern, though, you'll probably want to spring for something beefier.
  • I've only included a 1TB boot drive, so if you need more storage you may want to spring for a second drive.
  • I haven't included a monitor, keyboard, mouse or a copy of Windows. If you're factoring these into your budget, let me know and I can trim the fat somewhere.

Let me know if you have any questions!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By FacelessVixen

Basically something along these lines:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Zwgvw6

The Ryzen 7 2700 is a generation older, but still decent enough to give the GPU plenty of berating room. As for the GPU, the GTX 1660 Ti is as expensive you can reasonably go for 1080p. A 250GB M.2 SSD for Windows and programs and a 2TB 7200 HDD for files and games; I'm personally more of a three drive guy, but, well, y'know, preferences. A 750 watt PSU for upgrading in the future. And a standard-ish motherboard, RAM (albeit relatively fast RAM 'cause AMD likes fast RAM compared to Intel), and a case. That and a Windows 10 Pro OEM key from scdkey.com for $17, which I tried for myself with my own money a month ago and I still have legit copies of Windows 10 Pro and Office 2019, and there's your $1,000 PC.

Not much of a difference between the lists that conmulligan and I posted, really.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I bought this for $450 a few months ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BHXV3TJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

It goes on sale for the same price every few months. Added an m.2 drive and another 8gig stick of ram and I’ve been able to play any game I want at 1440p for less than $600 and less than 20 minutes of upgrade time.