jjm494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jjm494

Inspired by the lost save thread.

Ever lose a game or a game or bunch of games that you had/loved/collected?

• My mom gave a bunch of my N64 games to the son of my brother's girlfriend when I was a teenager. I wasn't really that upset since I hadn't used my N64 in a long time and his mother couldn't afford to get him that many games. I was more annoyed when my little brother traded my copy of Mischief Makers and other rare N64 games in at the local Gamestop/EB for the latest Madden. I've been able to get most of the games back through the years, but still can't bring myself to spend thirty dollars on a used copy of Super Mario 64 for some reason.
  • Lost a whole bunch of GameCube, PS1 and PS 2 games when I moved a couple years back. Most of this stuff I had gotten on the cheap so It wasn't the money that hurt but more so how rare some of these games were. I lost a bunch of Resident Evil games for the GameCube, The Wind Waker, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Viewtiful Joe, The whole Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver Series and many others. Thankfully I didn't lose my Symphony of the Night or Final Fantasy remakes for the PS1, but I was so angry I didn't bother to look at another console until a copy years later when Bioshock and Assassin's Creed were released.
BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By BrittonPeele

This is actually timely for me. I moved a few months ago from my parents' place, which involved moving most of my video games. I did not hire any movers -- the only people moving things were myself, my wife, my sister and my parents.

Every single box of stuff is accounted for except one. A box of Xbox 360 games with titles ranging A through D (I have all my games alphabetized). So I'm missing: Four Assassin's Creed games (1, 2, Brotherhood and Revelations), Batman: Arkham Asylum, Borderlands, a few Call of Duty games, The Darkness, and Darksiders... At least, that's what I remember having that I no longer have. I have the two Dead Space games still, so that's where my collection starts up again.

While it sucks, I can obviously rebuy the games, whatever... I don't think there was anything "rare" among the collection. But what has been driving me insane for the past few months is that I have no idea where that box could have gone. I'm 99% positive it's not here in my new house, and I've looked everywhere it would be in my parents' house. I searched my family's cars, I questioned my sanity ... There's no reason why any of said family members would "forget" to give me the box. I just don't know. It's a mystery that will drive me crazy for awhile.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bell_End

i once got home after a night of heavy drinking and vomited in my games bucket full of N64 games.

yeah! they we're ruined.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

A small variation: I regret trading in my copy of Drakan: The Ancients' Gates, since I sometimes get the urge to replay it for the sake of refamiliarizing myself with it.

Elite_Jason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Elite_Jason

It still bums me out that I can not find my old copy of Pokemon Sapphire for GBA. It contains my best ones from that gen. Everything from the GBA games and the GameCube games. It would be so nice to at least find it so if I ever get back into Pokemon, I would have those as options.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vikingdeath1

This past December me and a friend of mine decided we wanted to play some Super Smash bros, and I said "oh! i've totally got the original for the N64!"

Excitedly we ran downstairs and dug out my old N64 games, but....... Super Smash Bros was nowhere to be found...

I interrogated my sister & parents (this was one of my Favorite N64 games from my childhood!) but they knew nothing, and after searching for an hour or so we gave up and played some Pokemon Stadium minigames.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ryuku_Ryosake

Well I've lost my copy of Pokemon Ruby which is no real loss. But the one I really wish I did not lose was my copy of Out of this World for the snes. All my other snes games are accounted for except that one.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By pr1mus

I let the cousin of a friend borrow Final Fantasy VI. Never got it back.

I bought the anthology on ps1 as a replacement and 2-3 years ago bought the snes version on ebay.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NegativeCero

I've lost memory cards for my PS2 at least twice by bringing them over friend's houses. I have since gone back and finished most of the games on those cards. I've also had my Gamecube memory cards corrupt, and in that case I didn't go back.

sir_gunblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By sir_gunblade

Lost my fat Nintendo DS on a business trip to D.C. Have yet to replace it. :(

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

I can't find the disc for my copy of 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand.

Once I lost my dual-copy of Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002, so I bought two more of those for 3 bucks each.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By confusedowl

The only game I can remember losing was the port of Zelda 2 on GBA a few years ago. My family went on vacation and I brought it with me, after we came back it was gone so I can only assume it's not even in the province anymore.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Irishdoom

My older brother found my 2 full boxes of Atari 2600 games in my Mom's attic, and traded them for an Intellivision and games. I found out only months later.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By superfriend

@Pr1mus said:

I let the cousin of a friend borrow Final Fantasy VI. Never got it back.

Yep, I have lost quite a lot of games because of people "borrowing" them. The golden Majora´s Mask cart really sticks out since- well, it was freaking golden. Someone borrowed some Gamecube games from me and they gave the wrong games back. Actually they gave me a bunch of shit (Clonewars, ugh) for some rather good games. I never got Killzone on PS2 back, but I don´t really care for that one.

I do care for my DVD copy of Heat, though. I know who you are- and you will pay. In time.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By SSully

@Bell_End said:

i once got home after a night of heavy drinking and vomited in my games bucket full of N64 games.

yeah! they we're ruined.

Well that is what you get for having a games bucket I suppose!

kesith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By kesith

My biggest tragedy in losing games is thanks to my sister. Unfortunately living with a drug addict/dealer means things go missing. She got herself together since, but admitted to stealing a bunch of games and selling them to Gamestop. I still haven't replaced all the titles taken.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By kerse

My dog chewed the shit outta pokemon emerald, and most recently my 3ds 2 weeks after I bought it. It's kinda my fault though, she freaks out if I leave the house without saying something ( I know that sounds weird), but was the day a family member passed away so I wasn't thinking about it. She is fine when I leave otherwise though.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ducksworth

I lost Pokemon Red and Sonic Advance at some point in my life but biggest regret is loosing Dragon Ball Z Legacy of Goku 2. It's not that I particularly love the game, but it was my little brothers. One day I took the game to school (this would have been something like Grade 7) and everything was fine but at some point I guess I took my eye off the game and it was gone. I'm fairly sure my brother got over it after a day and I don't think about it a lot any more but whenever it does come up I feel incredibly guilty. Hell, now that I have a job and had these memories come back I think I'll go down to the local used games store or check ebay and see if I can find a copy. The worst part of it all is that I'm almost 100% I know who took it but I don't have anything to prove it.

jjm494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jjm494

@Rays_Gaming_Rants: That sucks. I currently work at Gamestop. When I'm processing a trade, If anything occurs that shows the products the customer is trying to trade in aren't his or her, the transaction stops immediately. I've had some funny incidents where people have had deer in the headlight moments when I ask them what's there Gamertag or PSNname.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I don't know what happened to it but I lost Harvest Moon 64 a while ago. Also, when I moved my mom got rid of my N64, along with my few remaining games.

UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#21  Edited By UltorOscariot

I am 95% sure I lost my copy of Pokemon Emerald on a flight back from Alaska 6-7 years back. I hope it found a good home.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Mezmero

I seem to have misplaced my copy of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for DS. I'm ok with just about every other game I've retired but I might have actually replayed that one in a blue moon.

mooncheese114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By mooncheese114

Lost My entire Game-boy Advanced collection, and my SP.  I wasn't really upset about it until I wanted to replay Pokemon Emerald. 

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By topsteer

@Video_Game_King: Is that game any good? I remember playing the demo a lot but never played the full game.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King

@TopSteer:

I WISH I COULD REMEMBER! *pulls out hair*

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My sister, without asking me, gave a handful of my Gamecube games to her boyfriend years ago. As these things go, they broke up, and I haven't seen them since. The biggest thing that pissed me off was one of the games she gave him was Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes...an extremely difficult to find (and fairly expensive) Gamecube game.

I very recently found the game for $25 dollars and picked it up because you can't find it on ebay for that low. I'm happy it's finally back in my possession but it's bothered me for years.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#27  Edited By Little_Socrates

I lost a couple of Gamecube games on the walk home from a friend's house. I don't know if I dropped them or what exactly happened, but my original copy of Pikmin is lost to the ages.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By jadegl

I wish I still had my family's collection of Commodore 64 disks, the disk drive, and the cassette drive. I assume we got rid of most of that stuff at a yard sale years ago, and at the time I didn't care. Now I obviously do care since it was a huge part of my childhood. I have so many good memories it just would be nice to have the stuff.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#29  Edited By SMTDante89

There was one Yu-Gi-Oh game for the GBA I lost years and years ago. In hindsight, not that big a deal but back then I was heavily into the card game and played the game for hours on end so it was pretty devastating at the time.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By upwarDBound

I've lost many games over the years, however the only one I regret not having anymore is Jet Grind Radio for the Dreamcast. That was a singular fantastic game that I was proud of owning.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I have no idea what happened to most of my N64 games, all my genesis games or Pokemon Silver.

arjybarjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By arjybarjy

My friend borrowed Tales of Symphonia before I left for University 7 years ago and it's supposedly in his attic.

Also many years ago my cousin lent my Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition for the Mega Drive and that got lost in the ether.

I am also really annoyed that I don't know where in the blue blazes is my disc for Paper Mario for the Gamecube.