Lost in random - where is the love? The reviews?

MrBGone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The game is unique, beautiful and recently released but hardly any reviews so far.

Here's one:

https://www.windowscentral.com/lost-random-review

Gameplay trailer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=diilMn5gSAg

Sorry for barebones OP, I don't have access to a keyboard right now.

The game is great however and I felt it deserved to be noticed.

Why is there 0 buzz? Because it's an EA Play title? Why aren't you excited to get lost in random?

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By brian_

I've seen reviews for it on most of the typical review outlets. GameInformer, IGN, Gamespot. Not that I think reviews effect much of the buzz around a game anymore. I just don't think it's the type of game that generates much buzz nowadays. And EA has never seemed interested in generating much of it for their indie games, outside of showing the game off once at E3 and telling the game's devs to go be adorably nervous on stage.

The game could also just not be that good. I don't know. I haven't played it yet. I hope it's good. It looks neat.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

it looked interesting i saw people play it saw the card system and didn't cared so i moved on

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darkvare: oh no, it has a card system? well.. shit. I was hoping it'd be just a typical action game

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked up F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch last week to play instead and now Deathloop's out, so didn't really have an opportunity to give this one a chance. Life is Strange: True Colors also came out on last friday.

...also I admittedly haven't loved everything that Zoink Games has put out in the past and hearing about the combat system having something to do with cards didn't exactly get me any more interested in playing this.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Not only have I completely forgotten this is coming out but I haven't seen any news about it but I don't frequent THAT many game sites these days. Guess it kind of got lost in the shuffle. Hearing on the Bombcast that there is a card system doesn't do it any favors in my book either.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman: It kinda is, it is akin to just random cards you have in a deck popping up and you just hack and slash with the cards adding effects like lighting damage for example. The card part is overplayed and the combat is dirt easy most say the main draw is the unique worlds and story. One world has an upside-down city with a multi-personality man whose head switches back and forth with Tim burton esk aesthetics. The reviews are positive it's just not screaming AAA with open-world this or some deep dark story a la last of us, it is lost in the shuffle. It's not even YouTuber clickbait so it's just a normal good game. Back in the day the type that people pick up and are surprised it's so good but never gets a sequel. Like psychonauts at one point for example. I think we should give more attention to these games given were constantly criticizing games for not being unique then we buy assassins creed 303 instead or COD 4949, etc.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkvare: watch ign's review, its not as bad as it sounds. its mostly still hack and slash from the looks of it.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i forgot it was coming out myself , but i recall being interested in it from whatever e3 time showcase thing showed it , GI did a review of it that seemed positive ( i litterally missed that till now!) but yeah its a shame how often these days the smaller non AAA games don't get coverage the way they used to. i'll agree with @topcyclist in that i think we should give them more attention than X entry in long running franchises at this point since generally speaking those are something ppl already know if they're going to get tho i can see reason If something major changes with them ( ex: AC syndicate to AC:origins).

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a big fan of zoink games but the card system has me lukewarm on this one despite loving the style

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@styx971: Exactly, I generally get that take from GB actually, they usually look for the new stuff and keep an eye out on creativity over sequel to a franchise you know you will play and know will be decent to great. Makes me happy hearing them seek out games im shocked they are interested in like that cat game or whatever given its not a AAA shooter with hollywood actors and yadda yadda. Not to say those are bad, they are actually great, just wanna throw attention to smaller stuff as well cause the more we ignore small stuff or medium size stuff like this the more we get what people complain about. "Why am i playing the same stuff, well thats the only thing people can risk millions to make. Sure fire hits."