Ludum Dare 26

starerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I really thought there were going to be a post about this here, but oh well. Is anyone from the community participating? :D It's still not too late, just get over to http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/, register and start developing! It's currently 29 hours left.

If you don't know what Ludum Dare is, it's a 48 hour game development competition held twice a year. It's all theme-based. People vote for themes, the winning theme gets presented as soon as the competition starts and you have to make your game around that one theme. This theme is "Minimalism".

I'm participating, along with my friend and business partner and you can check our progress on Twitter @RoyalRailway if you want to. I compose music and make sounds and he programs and creates art.

starerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By starerik

The game's available here: Flipcrusher

Windows and OS X versions are up, Linux version coming shortly.

PIZZAPRANKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I participated and was actually going to make a short blog about it tomorrow since it was partially inspired by the random Starforge stream.

Here's the link: I Want To See Space

HiroProt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

starerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By starerik
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zeforgotten

I have a friend (Michael) who's doing it this time around with one of his friends.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Bollard

@erikschroder: I took in LD25 which I wrote a blog about, however as my exams start this week I didn't have time for this one :(

My friend made this though: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-26/?action=preview&uid=22557

@hiroprot said:

I ended up participating again and I'd love if you guys would check out my game. http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-26/?action=preview&uid=128

That was fantastic :O As I didn't take part I can't rate it I'm afraid but I love how the music came in and went out by the end when you got down to the last few people.

HiroProt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chavtheworld: The music pacing is dynamic and depends on the players progress through the game. I wanted everyone to have a similar experience no matter what pace they played at and I think it really payed off.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@hiroprot said:

@chavtheworld: The music pacing is dynamic and depends on the players progress through the game. I wanted everyone to have a similar experience no matter what pace they played at and I think it really payed off.

It worked really well, I'm impressed.