Mahjong Mornings group?

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

That was a fun event, for sure. Only problem is that I've gotten too used to Asura and have been struggling to adjust to normal rules again. Keep forgetting that the round ends with one complete hand.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Sounds like the next event maintains Battle of Asura. Chaos reigns for a little longer, rejoice.

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

New event is live. Looks like two scrolls up for grabs over the course of the event, seems like it's structured similarly to the winter event.

Battle of Asura can be accessed from Tournament Match and Friendly Match.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By Efesell

I did one Asura casual match and ended up in a game with the #2 ranked Saint on the leaderboard. I dealt into their Sanbaiman.

Anyway I would really like that new character but I have very little saved up to try for it. Feels bad.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

Well, I don't know about this server maintenance. First game I loaded in, I had 10k event points, then crapped out at the very last hand. Now I have 40 minutes of wasted time and no points.

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daavpuke: Same. Was up like 10k, connection crapped out, I refresh to reconnect and it just takes me to the main menu. I assume the match just vanished, since it didn't reconnect me, and do nothing. Few minutes later the match ended with me in last.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I donated a buncha stuff to get a couple monthly scrolls to try and get the rate up and..... got a different character instead.

Really having a troubling time processing that.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That event really brought people around to play. Both ranked rooms have over 2000 people.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I finally did it! My first Yakuman, with some pretty insanely lucky hands.

Got nearly a hundred rank points and half a dozen achievements from it. I doubt I'll ever top this.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@daavpuke: Nicely done. And it was even during a real match.

@efesell: I just had the same thing happen to me, except I used a 10 pull from Fortune Charm jade. Was trying to get the new girl, but ended up with Kirara instead. Not a big deal, but I am curious how much the odds improve during these rate bumps.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Everyone that I play the game against is lucky I don't have this character because you would have to block my emotes immediately.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like there are some bonus sign-in rewards for the next few days, to go along with the Nian rewards. Feels like they are being pretty generous with this event overall.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#314  Edited By BisonHero

@redwing42: I find it very bizarre that this game doesn’t have a sign-in bonus all the time to begin with. It’s just weird how light it is on the usual carrot-stick reward stuff typical of F2P gacha games. The sign-in bonus would be pretty easy to do, especially when they could just give away copper/low-grade gifts, both of which are largely worthless because they’re so common.

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Free summon scroll and two (non-donatable) purple items in the mail from now until next Thursday.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep getting chances for Orphans with the final tile I need being up in the deadwall.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The rate up character today is the one I got last week instead of the new rate up.

Son of a

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got my first Yakuman! Started off with two whites, two reds and a green and just went for it. Was worried when someone riichi'd just a few turns later, but it all worked out in the end.

No Caption Provided

Mahjong is good.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@relkin: Great time for it too, that kills like 3 demon cats or whatever.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a Yakuman? Wow, one tile difference is only worth 2 Han. Didn't even know that. I got so many Little Dragons. Maybe I should push for that instead. Congrats, that's huge.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By Efesell

Everyone has suddenly gotten so slow about their calls. Be ready when someone calls your name!

Also boy I'm having a time with this event, I keep getting sniped in all my normal ranked games and then I play 3p and have this happen.

No Caption Provided

Although this did get me an achievement called "I thought I was going for 7 pairs" or something and like.... Damn called out.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would hate to be on the opposing end of that one. Double digit Han is frightening to see.

I'll be on for a couple hours on Sunday from about 10AM - Noon Pacific if anyone's interested in doing some friendly matches.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Efesell

I play too much of a game that routinely tells me to just fuck off.

Currently I'm going on 6 game losing streaks in ranked where that channels all of the negative energy into the next 3p game I play in which I get 2 Baimans on a single person and dunk them into a toilet.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@efesell: Man, I still don't understand scoring. Like I know a hand can count as multiple yaku (like you can get han from your hand being both seven pairs and half flush), but apparently your hand can't be seven pairs, twice pure double sequence, and half flush? Like seven pair and twice pure double sequence are mutually exclusive or something, so the higher value yaku just overwrites the other or something?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Efesell

@bisonhero: Well in this scenario it's because Seven Pairs requires distinct pairs and Twice Pure Double Sequence will invalidate that because it necessitates ending in sequences.

My example above looks like it should be seven pairs until you break it up.

112233667788GG

123 123 678 678 GG.

Because Seven Pairs is kind of a weird rule side stepping Yaku to begin with it's hard to combo it into other hands.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The Trials and Tribulations of someone calling too many Kan's.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By redwing42

I've gotten into a routine of switching characters after I place 4th. I know it has no real effect, but it does feel good to change it up a bit.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: that's a downright filthy hand..

No Caption Provided

I'm really bad at pressure situations. I've gotten up to this threshold 3 times now and every time, I get stomped into 4th place the next game. I might cry over waifu Mahjong.

I guess *almost* getting there is my victory lap.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is the event treating everyone? I'm a bit behind on my play, actually, so I've only gotten 20 clears to this point. Hoping to at least get to the first summon ticket before it is over.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By Efesell
No Caption Provided

All these fancy hand combinations out there but all ya gotta do is Count Higher.

I continue to love how little is required for something to be considered a Half Flush.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is the event treating everyone? I'm a bit behind on my play, actually, so I've only gotten 20 clears to this point. Hoping to at least get to the first summon ticket before it is over.

I enjoyed the event well enough; it got me to play more regularly. Just finished getting my 360k pts, and managed to finally hit Adept 2 Star! Had been hovering within 50 pts or so of getting out of Adept 1 for a while now; hopefully I can continue that and not fall back down to 1 Star.

Also decided to finally spend some money on it, considering how much of this game I've played. Bought the 1800, got another 1800 for making my first purchase ($30 USD). Did 10 summons of sakura and 10 summons of bamboo; got the bunny girl and a couple of cosmetic things, but no dudes/dog. Want that dog man.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure you ever actually fall in rank once you go up a tier so depending on whether or not that's the case then I've done everything you can do with this event. Cracked 5% with 70 clears.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, you can't go down? Huh, well that's good to hear!

Also, 70 CLEARS!?!?

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can absolutely go down and I've posted that in earlier pages. It's a really, really bad feeling. You'll have to have some serious bad luck to make it happen though.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Efesell

@daavpuke: Sorry mixed messages. Down in event rank not stars. Poor wording on my part, I have definitely also fallen in actual star rank.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, well I'm at like 50 clears and the actual ranking leaderboard starts at 150, so I don't think I need to worry there :')

In other news, I'm here... Again:

No Caption Provided

I want to believe.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daavpuke: that's only a big win or a couple of seconds away. I'm sure you can hit that, but have you considered dropping down to bronze rooms to get those last few points? No one would think less of you.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwing42: I'll try it, but no matter what I do, the next game seems to be cursed with a 5-turn 5 Dora Ron against me, every time.

Do you know if you get lower points? I'd imagine you would.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By redwing42
daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two 7 Han stomps again, I'm back down.. It honestly has killed my motivation to play completely.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can do it! You wouldn't be making it back up there time and time again if you didn't have it in you to break through to Expert.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By Efesell

Barring some extremely last minute shenanigans I do believe I managed to squeeze my way into the very dregs of the 5% on the event leaderboard. Gimme that summon scroll ya greedy bastards.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By redwing42

Nice. I just didn't have the time, and only got to 24 clears, which was good for Top 30%. So, just a handful of coppers for me and we are back to Ordinary time. I wonder how long until the next event... I would guess not more than a month or so.

I did end up cashing in my summon tokens (whatever they are called... Faith?) for the background music, which is probably the only thing I did not want to miss out on. I always like having a larger soundtrack in a game.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By daavpuke

I have no words on how much of a troll this game feels like:

No Caption Provided

I'll report back in a second with the 13Han Ron I'll have pulled against me in the next game..

EDIT: IT HAPPENED! IT FINALLY FUCKING HAPPENED!!!

No Caption Provided

I can only thank the first player who disconnected at the last East and ultimately took every hit, retroactively making me second. I'll take it. I will absolutely take it.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By daavpuke

@redwing42: Thank you!

I did the thing as well, to stay in the Bronze Room for the last 70 or so points. I don't feel that made a strong difference, though it did make me more confident in keeping honor tiles, since they'd regularly still appear in the endgame.

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By ratamero

My first Yakuman finally happened! What a way to break the curse.

No Caption Provided

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratamero: holy shit, that's a banger! I had to look up what it even is, because it's so unlikely. Congrats!

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, some of the Yakuman are WEIRD. At a glance, that hand doesn't look like anything...I need to try and make that happen.

Nice job; here's to many more!