Often people offer to help build the top slot promos we use for TNTs and while that's awesome, I couldn't figure out a way to manage it in a way that made it easy. Anyways, now that TNTs have become pretty much a regular thing and I've had some practice with Dropbox I figured we could give it a go and see what you guys come up with. Before we start though here are the details.
- I've created a Photoshop template for TNTs. It includes some basic dos and don'ts
- The font used for TNT is included in the same folder.
- I'm using Dropbox to host and share files. You can sign up here. http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTYwOTAyOTA5
- After I invite the first 3 email addresses to the folder, I'd recommend you ask someone who already has access for an invite. I likely won't have time in the next couple weeks to check that many PMs!
- You should post your finished promo in the Drafts folder under that weeks TNT date with your username (or anon if you're so inclined) added to the end. You are welcome to add them to this thread as well.
One last note. Just because we get promos for that week does not guarantee that I'll use them. If they are not up to snuff or in some way don't fit within the standards above I'll likely just make my own (I doubt that will happen, you guys are great at this). Also, if I see anyone MAKING FUN of anyone's work I will cancel this experiment immediately. When I was 15 all my artwork had starry backgrounds and it looked like dogshit, but the process of trying to make things that I knew would be seen really helped me develop my skills. I'd like people to feel welcome in testing their abilities and not ridiculed for trying something new.
What do you guys get out of this? Well, outside of some healthy competition and recognition I'll do my best to critique people's work when they ask for it and suggest ways to improve their skills. I can't promise to answer everything, but I'll jump in as I can.
OK. Now 3 people send me a PM with your email and note in this thread that you sent it to me so that others can contact you instead!
UPDATE: This is now shared by 6 users. Ask around in this thread if you need access and someone should be able to help you out!
Info from Ryan on banners after new hompage:
Hey guys, Ryan with some details on the new TNT promos. We'll be abandoning the wide promo unit in favor of something that meets the same dimensions as our player window: 640x360. Here's what that'll look like on the front door.
There will be a general TNT text treatment, plus a little descriptive text, on the right-hand side, so you need not worry about those details. Feel free to include the game's logo (if available) in the main image, though this is not a prerequisite. Also worth noting that the countdown timer in the lower left corner of the image will be dynamically overlayed, so it's probably smart to keep any critical bits of imagery out of that area.
That's the basics, Dave and I will be keeping an extra-close eye on this thread if you've got any questions or are looking for some specific design feedback.