I'm having what you might call a crisis of faith. I've always loved games, and it's been my favorite pastime for as long as I can remember. From Super Mario 3 on the NES, to Snake Eater on the PS2, to Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 360, and everything in between.
I literally play any game in any genre. However, as of late, games are boring the shit out of me. In the past couple of hours I've:
- Killed a couple of colossi in Shadow of the Colossuss
- Stabbed dudes in the neck in AC3
- Followed by stabbing dudes in the neck in Revelations (which I have yet to complete)
- Explored the continent of Skyrim (for a total play time of about 500 hours)
- Held hands in Fable III
- Shot dudes in Black Ops 2
- Journeyed in... Journey
What the hell should I do? I find myself wanting to watch Parks and Rec on Netflix instead of playing awesome games. Am I jaded, or am I just anxious for the new generation? I just want to play something good, but nothing is fun right now.