Mass Effect 2 DLC

KnellMoray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I decided to play the ME trilogy a couple of months back in anticipation for the new one (I know).

Anyway I'm on ME2 and LOVE it. But the title screen has prompts to play some kind of DLC. 15min type things that seems to be between ME1 and ME2. When I try go to "new available content" it just sends me to a dead bioware link.

Is this stuff just gone now? Thanks duders

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think its more a story recap and chance to make some quick descisions for those that didnt play ME1 to import into ME2.

Biowares dlc treatment is really rotten and it can be very hard to get nowdays and if you get it its all at full price. Getting dlc is more expensive than getting the game. What platform are you on for starters?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@rethla: that was for the PS3 version of ME2. Did they add that to any other platforms after release?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: yeh i think so

Its on the pc at least, dont know about xbox.

KnellMoray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh right sorry, I'm playing via steam

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of the DLC is available on Origin. I think you can migrate your Steam version to Origin if you'd like.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By GundamGuru

@knellmoray: Yeah, the "Cerberus Network" links and content notifications in ME2 are broken on PC. All the DLC is available on Origin, and if you get in touch with Origin support I'm sure they can help you migrate your content over from your Steam keys. They're actually alright.

As far as DLC I'd recommend, the story bits Shadow Broker and Arrival are pretty essential, Zaeed and Kasumi are top notch and worth getting, and the weapon packs are very helpful (there are a tiny number of guns in the base game). Things like the Normandy Crash Site, Firewalker, and Overlord are nice to haves, but you can pass on them if you want. You can safely pass on the Appearance packs and anything else unless you have leftover Bioware points to spend.

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@knellmoray: Just play Lair of the Shadow Broker, then pick up Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den, then re-listen the GOTY 2010 deliberations...

KnellMoray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this is great thanks duders.

So is the good DLC stuff I should be playing before I finish 2? I'm already about 24hrs in (with LOTS of side stuff done)

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By probablytuna
@knellmoray said:

Wow this is great thanks duders.

So is the good DLC stuff I should be playing before I finish 2? I'm already about 24hrs in (with LOTS of side stuff done)

Here's a list of all the ME2 DLCs: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content

You should only play Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival after finishing ME2. Arrival directly sets up the events that begin in ME3. Everything else you can play (and should play) before you pass through the Omega-4 Relay. Personally I liked most if not all the story DLC they put out for ME2 as well as the two DLC crew members Kasumi and Zaeed but if you had to choose I would echo other people's recommendation and go with Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I've never played a game where I found the cosmetic DLC more essential than ME2. Literally it's as though someone read all the petty feedback about the character design and did something about it. It's the only way you can cover up:

Garrus' inexplicably irreparable gash in his armor
Jack's tasteless wardrobe
Thane's crazy eyes