Mass Effect is so damn amazing (Yep on general diss)

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Screw the negative coments...sure it didnt really provide MASSIVE exploration, but fucking love that game

And I posted this on Geneal dis. sue me

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By pyromaniac

strait up..check out the Mass effect page...I wrote it.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Already did

FANTASTIC work

Kudos friend

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pyromaniac

The page is not complete(the plot)...if you want, you can go ahead and give it a shot.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackWaterCO

nah, maybe I'll do it tomorrow...Im devoted to the Mercenaries and Mercenaries 2 pages for now

jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By jlaudio7

I ordered this game and Halo 3 from amazon a couple days ago. It looks like a really good game.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By ZimpanX

Damn right, this game is awesome.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By hazelnutman

Really deep and enjoyable game.

Looks great too :D

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

Very addictive storyline. I really enjoyed it.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By suneku

I loved pretty much everything in this game... except for the mako.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Hamz

I've still to play the game but i generally find it doesn't appeal to me and that worries me because i love RPG's and love them even more if Bioware is the developer usually...

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By Cube

I didn't like it.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Cube said:
"I didn't like it."
THIS.
normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By normajean777

KOTOR rips this game apart and thats sad considering Kotor is so old but its still the better game

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By Bennyishere

Mass Effect is awesome.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Mrnitropb

I have a Sheperd on level 59, on Insane difficulty, with one more planet left to go, and I havne't touched it since probably january. I just stopped playing it. I didn't even get any new games, i was just DONE.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Homer

Beat in like 5 times.

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Major
normajean777 said:
"KOTOR rips this game apart and thats sad considering Kotor is so old but its still the better game"
No, just no. It's pretty much the same game with enhanced [real time] combat and they improved upon the dialogue trees (ME, that is).
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pyromaniac
Mrnitropb said:
"I have a Sheperd on level 59, on Insane difficulty, with one more planet left to go, and I havne't touched it since probably january. I just stopped playing it. I didn't even get any new games, i was just DONE."
Talk about coincidence cause I am also experiencing something similar to this...I was a 58 on like hardcore or something but I stopped playing. Still a great game though.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DualReaver
Major said:
"normajean777 said:
"KOTOR rips this game apart and thats sad considering Kotor is so old but its still the better game"
No, just no. It's pretty much the same shit with enhanced [real time] combat and they improved upon the dialogue trees (ME, that is)."
What you say is true, but I've never had the need to play Mass Effect anymore than once or twice.
As for KOTOR, I usually go back to play it through about once a year.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Major said:
"normajean777 said:
No, just no. It's pretty much the same game with enhanced [real time] combat and they improved upon the dialogue trees (ME, that is)."
Doesn't mean that it was a better game than KOTOR. Everything in KOTOR worked with a stunning amount of perfection, while ME was buggy, pop-in prone and poorly designed in some parts.
Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Major
Arkthemaniac said:
"Major said:
"normajean777 said:
No, just no. It's pretty much the same game with enhanced [real time] combat and they improved upon the dialogue trees (ME, that is)."
Doesn't mean that it was a better game than KOTOR. Everything in KOTOR worked with a stunning amount of perfection, while ME was buggy, pop-in prone and poorly designed in some parts."
Sure, but that doesn't mean Kotor "rips this game apart". I had some frustrating bugs in ME, like enemies falling threw the floors when you use singularity or throw. Nonetheless both are amazing games
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Major said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Major said:
"normajean777 said:
Doesn't mean that it was a better game than KOTOR. Everything in KOTOR worked with a stunning amount of perfection, while ME was buggy, pop-in prone and poorly designed in some parts."
Sure, but that doesn't mean Kotor "rips this game apart". I had some frustrating bugs in ME, like enemies falling threw the floors when you use singularity or throw. Nonetheless both are amazing games"
I actually do believe KOTOR rips ME apart. ME was all story. The gameplay was inferior to Gears of War, which was released a year before. Because of this, I have little desire to play the game.
Nerje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nerje

Poorly designed in a LOT of parts.  Inventory management was WOEFUL, the Mako levels were boring and repetitive and had practically no payoff.  Some classes were more frustrating than they needed to be, and basically everything boiled down to 'aim and shoot' making the soldier class best for nearly every situation.

The game had potential, but it was didn't pay off.

You can't make a thread about it in general discussion just because it has lesbian sex you know.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlindEffekt
suneku said:
"I loved pretty much everything in this game... except for the mako."
Post sums up my feelings about ME perfectly
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Nerje said:
"Poorly designed in a LOT of parts.  Inventory management was WOEFUL, the Mako levels were boring and repetitive and had practically no payoff.  Some classes were more frustrating than they needed to be, and basically everything boiled down to 'aim and shoot' making the soldier class best for nearly every situation.

The game had potential, but it was didn't pay off.

You can't make a thread about it in general discussion just because it has lesbian sex you know."
O O O THIS!
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There were a lot of narrative problems in Mass Effect.  I mean, Matriarch Benezia was shown a whole one time and we're expected to treat her with the utmost contempt as a villain. 

Also, the story managed a minor miracle in being both cliche and convoluted.  Unreal, if you asked me. 

Also, **SPOILER**

If you read the library codex about the Citadel, it pretty much spells out that it's Reaper technology.  So by the time that is a "big reveal," the player is already ten steps ahead, probably preparing to endure another thirty-second, silent elevator ride. 

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pyromaniac
Sir_Ragnarok said:

If you read the library codex about the Citadel, it pretty much spells out that it's Reaper technology.  So by the time that is a "big reveal," the player is already ten steps ahead, probably preparing to endure another thirty-second, silent elevator ride. 

Also, **SPOILER**
"
You have a valid point there...the "vaunted" story really didn't manage to surprise me and capture my attention as much as I expected to cause i was able to predict what was going to happen. It was still pretty good though, the game blended story with emotion, I actually felt sorry for Saren.
Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Neopezz

Despite its flaws it was still an enjoyable space opera.

Also what happened to Mass Effect 2, its a trilogy dammit!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pyromaniac said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:

Also, **SPOILER**
"
You have a valid point there...the "vaunted" story really didn't manage to surprise me and capture my attention as much as I expected to cause i was able to predict what was going to happen. It was still pretty good though, the game blended story with emotion, I actually felt sorry for Saren."

I have no idea why you would feel sorry for Saren.  He was a pretty stereotypical villain, it seemed. 

Though, I will admit, the character development was pretty good.  The story, not so much, but I really liked the side characters.  Some of them, at least. 
Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Mrnitropb
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"pyromaniac said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:

Also, **SPOILER**
"
You have a valid point there...the "vaunted" story really didn't manage to surprise me and capture my attention as much as I expected to cause i was able to predict what was going to happen. It was still pretty good though, the game blended story with emotion, I actually felt sorry for Saren."

I have no idea why you would feel sorry for Saren.  He was a pretty stereotypical villain, it seemed. 

Though, I will admit, the character development was pretty good.  The story, not so much, but I really liked the side characters.  Some of them, at least. "
hah, you never got the Deer Hunter Ending, did you? That one evokes a tad more empathy, at least.
normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By normajean777
Major said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Major said:
"normajean777 said:
Sure, but that doesn't mean Kotor "rips this game apart". I had some frustrating bugs in ME, like enemies falling threw the floors when you use singularity or throw. Nonetheless both are amazing games"

Thats the whole point everything in Kotor was perfect Gameplay wise and the technical aspects were too. ME should have been delayed it was way to buggy to put out and the glitches killed it for me. Plus the story was pretty typical sci fi.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pyromaniac
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"pyromaniac said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:

Also, **SPOILER**
"

Though, I will admit, the character development was pretty good.  The story, not so much, but I really liked the side characters.  Some of them, at least. "
I read the Mass effect; Ascension book, I liked his no-nonsense style..he is kind of the tragic villain, he went from being the greatest weapon in the Councils arsenal to being a pawn in the hands of someone else.
Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Subway

I didn't overly care for it, I just couldn't get really into it.

CrimsonAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CrimsonAngel

I really wanted to like Mass effect, but there are a few things that killed it for me.
No Choice and Consequence, only a few of the NPC's where interesting, the story line was a bit to standard, Inventory system, Mako and the side quests where all dread fully boring.
Now i am a rpg gamer and i have a high tolerance for bugs and i am willing to ignore a bland story if it is told in a intresting way, but for some reasons almost all the cohorts where kind of boring and  they all where the same cohorts that are in all BIOWARE games only with different skins more or less.

I played it some 5 hours and i have never felt i should go back and try it again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CrimsonAngel said:
"I really wanted to like Mass effect, but there are a few things that killed it for me.
No Choice and Consequence, only a few of the NPC's where interesting, the story line was a bit to standard, Inventory system, Mako and the side quests where all dread fully boring.
Now i am a rpg gamer and i have a high tolerance for bugs and i am willing to ignore a bland story if it is told in a intresting way, but for some reasons almost all the cohorts where kind of boring and  they all where the same cohorts that are in all BIOWARE games only with different skins more or less.

I played it some 5 hours and i have never felt i should go back and try it again."
Yeah, this actually reminds me of another point.  The story seemed relatively static, regardless of your choices throughout.  I mean, regardless of what you do, the end pretty similar.  Sovereign is destroyed, galaxy at relative comfort, humans rawk, yadda-yadda.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rowr
I really enjoyed it. Im still wondering how they are going to manage to bring out two more + dlc before the end of the consoles life cycle though. Second one must be on its way? I have heard nothing. Im sure they wont just spring it on us.

pyromaniac
said:
"Mrnitropb said:
"I have a Sheperd on level 59, on Insane difficulty, with one more planet left to go, and I havne't touched it since probably january. I just stopped playing it. I didn't even get any new games, i was just DONE."
Talk about coincidence cause I am also experiencing something similar to this...I was a 58 on like hardcore or something but I stopped playing. Still a great game though."
I started on insanity for my 3rd playthrough and got to about level 15 or something. I was stuck on one of the bosses. I downloaded the Bring down the sky downloadable content. Never got to it.

Not having that downloadable content post game really pisses me off.