Matt Bodega sighting in League of Legends..really you?

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dungbootle

He plays, I know that much.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By flasaltine

He said in a TNT chat before that he wanted to start a LoL thing. I thought Kessler was better than this though... Playing LoL instead of Dota 2...

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By cookiemonster

You should probably have asked him if he was the same matt bodega? Seems like a lot less effort than to upload several print screens to photo bucket and then post a thread about it...

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By deathfromace

I did and he said if saying "good luck have batman" helped and it did but would still be neat to see him post here as well. Not that it changes anything but would be neat nonetheless.

Edit: And you saying that is going under the impression people don't pretend to be other people online...and tell the truth and thats just insane.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

yeah he seems to have started playing it alot, after we all quit SWTOR :P

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ben_H

Did that one dude actually have 10 creep kills or did he drop early? I'm no expert but that seems really terrible.

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deathfromace

Nami is support much like I was playing Soraka. You are not meant to get a lot of creep kills at the start so the carry can have them.

QuantumPilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By QuantumPilot

Hey if @MattBodega really is playing lol we should have a giantbomb squad for that game.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Baillie

I never liked Matt on the community podcasts, then he joined the staff, now people are acting like he's a celebrity. Madness.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By yoshimitz707

That's him. He's on my friend's list.

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deathfromace

@Baillie: I wouldn't say thats the case. If I knew your name and happen to see it in a game I play I would do the same general thing. Hey Baillie I know you from GB...odds are I wouldn't make a post so maybe it's a bit different but eh it's all in good fun.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By AssInAss

He's always on the TNT chat every single week, or pretty much any live thing.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187

As someone that plays with Matt on LoL, I can in fact confirm that as THE MattBodega.

Also, dood plays a good Leona.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By mattbodega

Oh snap! I've been found out! Yep, totally me and my terrible Vayne play.

Hell, if GB folk wanna play some LoL, I'm always down for it. I'm easy like Sunday Morning!

Account name is mattbodega in-game. Stop by anytime!

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By mattbodega

@Flacracker: It's not like I CAN'T play Dota 2. It's just that, every time I have, I haven't enjoyed it. Just don't have as much fun in Dota 2

QuantumPilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuantumPilot

I agree, I have played both Dota 2 and lol, but I just find lol more enjoyable. @MattBodega I'll add you to my lol friends list.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Ramone

@deathfromace said:

I did and he said if saying "good luck have batman" helped and it did but would still be neat to see him post here as well. Not that it changes anything but would be neat nonetheless.

Edit: And you saying that is going under the impression people don't pretend to be other people online...and tell the truth and thats just insane.

This is no slight against the man, but why would anyone pretend to be Matt Kessler?

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Rayeth

@Flacracker: @MattBodega:

It's OK. Everyone who plays LoL first ends up hating Dota 2. Dota 2 requires you to manage your mana much more carefully and think a good deal more about what role you want to play (Most heroes in Dota don't really have "required" roles like they do in LoL). Hence, you can't spam your skills as often and there ends up being a lot more dancing around trying to get in or out of range, etc. To LoL players (the ones I've talked to at least) this gets interpreted as less "fun", to a Dota player it is more strategic. Apples and Oranges, I guess. I personally prefer the deeper mechanics and difficulty in Dota, but that's just me. I also find the matchmaking in Dota 2 to be FAR superior to the LoL matchmaking. There is no out of game leveling in Dota 2 (at least none that carries any in-game meaning), but some people like the CoD-style leveling and account progress.

Dota is the more difficult game (and IMO the best ESport title from this ARTS genre), but LoL has its place. LoL is free (though Dota 2 keys are EVERYWHERE these days), and the art style appeals to some people more than the Dota one does. People claim the Dota 2 community is worse, but honestly I found both to be pretty awful. However, it isn't much worse than Xbox Live in either case. Simply mute the offending party and continue on with life. I think LoL probably can run more easily on a lower spec computer, but I haven't tested extensively.

It all ends up about what you prefer. The games are different things to different people, and you can't deny that LoL has so many millions of players already. Dota 2 has hit a concurrent of around 180k playing recently, but I'm pretty sure LoL has FAR surpassed that long ago. Diff'rent strokes for Diff'rent folks. Though for my money/time Dota 2 is the better game.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By flasaltine

@MattBodega: Quest completed!

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points