Metal Gear Scanlon Fanart

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

Edited By fobwashed

It's been ages since I've drawn anything for fun and having just updated Treads! and submitted to the App Store, I had a little bit of breathing room so I decided to do some fanart for my current fav series on the site. Metal Gear Scanlon. Funny (terrible) thing tho, I did actually drew Drew last night but I closed it without saving... So like, the original drawing is gone forever because I'm an idiot. I personally don't feel like this rushed one is as good as the one I did last night but it's still aiight. Man... I wish I saved >,<

No Caption Provided

Trying to copy the style of the MGS artworks. I don't like the coloring too much but this being my second go around, I sorta got lazy. =P

BagronkeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

"drew Drew" \o/

Love it, awesome as always Fobwashed!

PKB_Noitwont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Fobwashed strikes again. Love it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I still think it's pretty good! Though, I think it looks a little like Brad, weirdly enough.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I still think it's pretty good! Though, I think it looks a little like Brad, weirdly enough.

Yeah I see Brad too.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GERALTITUDE

oh god I hate losing shit like that fob. Heart goes out to you.

Still, you did pretty good here. Colors and style are totally in the right place

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It definitely does invoke Shinkawa's brushstroke style, especially that cheekbone hardline. I would love to see your rendition of Colonel Ryckert! Well done!

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"drew Drew" \o/

Love it, awesome as always Fobwashed!

-_____-

@noitwont said:

Fobwashed strikes again. Love it.

=D

Yea, I'm starting to see it now too. Maybe I'll fix it... maybe.

oh god I hate losing shit like that fob. Heart goes out to you.

Still, you did pretty good here. Colors and style are totally in the right place

Yea, I thought I was closing a different window that was open and I clicked to just close it and not save. Immediately realized what I did and went straight to bed =P

It definitely does invoke Shinkawa's brushstroke style, especially that cheekbone hardline. I would love to see your rendition of Colonel Ryckert! Well done!

Maybe after I'm done with the android port >,<

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you rushed the colouring so I won't harp on it outside of there maybe not being enough shadows/contrast in there. Main thing I wanted to mention was that the lines are too clean, (I'm guessing you were using this picture as a reference) but almost none of the lines there are singular, they all have "ghosts" created by "stray bristles" (I wish I could word that better).

I guess I developed a habit of leaving my free hand resting on the Ctrl+S keys, since they're right next to the Ctrl+Z keys that I use almost constantly, so I will instinctively tap the "save" shortcut every few minutes. This leads to me occasionally pressing Ctrl+S even when I'm drawing on paper with no computer in sight. It's pretty dumb.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

I know you rushed the colouring so I won't harp on it outside of there maybe not being enough shadows/contrast in there. Main thing I wanted to mention was that the lines are too clean, (I'm guessing you were using this picture as a reference) but almost none of the lines there are singular, they all have "ghosts" created by "stray bristles" (I wish I could word that better).

I guess I developed a habit of leaving my free hand resting on the Ctrl+S keys, since they're right next to the Ctrl+Z keys that I use almost constantly, so I will instinctively tap the "save" shortcut every few minutes. This leads to me occasionally pressing Ctrl+S even when I'm drawing on paper with no computer in sight. It's pretty dumb.

Yea, I was sorta bummed about losing the original so I rushed this one out in like half the time. Really skimped on the coloring and the brushiness of the whole thing. I've gotten pretty good about saving but PS has recoveries that save documents if there's a crash of any kind so I've become pretty lax with that program. I literally closed the file and it warned me about saving and I hit no save because I thought I was closing a different file so like, I fucked myself =P Looking at this now, it's pretty weak. Maybe I'll go back and fix it later... for now tho, too much other shit on my plate again >,<