Metroid or Mega Man sequel?

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By BoOzak

Poll Metroid or Mega Man sequel? (75 votes)

Mega Man 9%
Metroid 91%

Which comes first?

Since Yoshio Sakamoto claimed he wants nothing do with traditional games and Keiji Inafune is off making his own (almost identical) version of Mega Man it pretty much puts both franchices in weird spot of being abandoned by their creator and left with a company that has no idea what to do with them.

Personally I dont see any reason for Capcom to make another Mega Man unless Mighty No. 9 sells really well so I would go with Metroid. Nintendo still seem to at least acknowledge Samus whereas Capcom seem to want nothing to do with Mega Man despite the demand.

• 
Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Megaman did find his way onto the next Super Smash Bros game. I'm not saying a new megaman game would be any good, but I wouldn't be surprised if one came out sometime in the near future.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like me some Megaman, but we really need a new Metroid.

As a non-Wii U owner, I would like it to come out on 3DS.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd love a new, proper 2D metroid, but Sakamoto isn't likely to be interested. If someone else at Nintendo is willing to greenlight a non sakamoto metroid game though, it could conceivably happen. Doesn't seem likely.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Mighty No 9 exists, so we already have our traditional Mega Man sequel...

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Well, considering that 3 phenomenal Metroid games were made without any real involvement from Sakamoto (just consulting, but who knows how much he really contributed), a new Metroid game is both more likely to be made and has a better chance of being good than a new Mega Man game.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if it's megaman legends 3 versus a 3d metroid, then megaman. if it's a 2d sidescrolling metroid versus a 2d megaman, then metroid.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Mighty No 9 exists, so we already have our traditional Mega Man sequel...

Also that Shovel Knight is coming very soon. It even has music from the original Mega Man composer in it.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Metroid is in Nintendo's hands, which means that it's in safe hands, sure it takes time, but Nintendo compensates it with quality.

Megaman on the other hand ... Have you seen Rockman X Over from Capcom after Inafune left? And what about Megaman Legends?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I woud bet good money we see a new Metroid game by 2016 at the absolute latest.

Mega Man is a Capcom game and I honestly have no idea what the hell they are doing over there anymore. Maybe the combination of Mega Man in Smash and Mighty Number 9 coming out will push them into making a new one for iOS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could really go for a new Metroid soon. Luckily, it sounds like we won't have to wait very long to hear about something.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

I know it's not an official Metroid game, but isn't there some indie Metroid-inspired game exclusive to PS4 that's basically what Mega No.9 is to Megaman? Least in terms of atmosphere and game design. Though I think it's also scheduled for like 2016 or something...

EDIT: Ah, here we go, I was referring to Axiom Verge.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Do Megaman spinoffs count?

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd go with Metroid both for 2D and 1st person.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, we know at the very least Nintendo is actually working on Metroid games, so I'd bet that comes first. Who the fuck even knows if Capcom has any new Mega Man releases planned. (Not counting digital re-releases of older games)

You never know, though. The demand for Mighty No. 9 is pretty high, maybe Capcom will crap out some half assed Mega Man game trying to get that crowd back.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

when I saw how Smash treated Megaman.... it's official, Capcom killed Megaman when Kenji Inafune left. Smash is probably the best representation of Megaman, at least we will have Might No 9 and Azure Striker Gunvolt which will replace them the fresh wounds.

Metroid needs a new either prime replacement since 2007 or Zero Missions which was 2004. I just replayed Batman Arkham Asylum.... and there are people out there who understand how to make a metroidvania, so it's not impossible we could get it somewhere else.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#16  Edited By SubwayD

A Metroid reboot. That's what we need.

There's too much bogging the whole thing down now, what with Sakamoto taking great effort to ruin the character in the fans eyes and all the otaku-bait Zero Suit shit. I mean, high heels? Really? Really?!

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Metroid 5, the sequel to Metroid 4 aka Fusion which right now I'm currently playing through on the Wii U.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#18  Edited By jacksukeru

I want to see a good 3D Mega Man game but that is not likely to happen. I'm pretty satisfied with what's going on on the "2D Mega Man-like" front so there's nothing else I really want to see there at the moment.

As for Metroid, that last game really managed to kill my interest in the world and fiction so I'm not exactly hankering for another one. I played all of the Prime games, with diminishing returns in terms of the enjoyment I got out of each one, so I don't know if a new Prime style game would be something I'd be interested in eiher. It's possible, though.

A Donkey Kong Country Returns style 2D Metroid, either for WiiU or 3DS, might be cool.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#19  Edited By jacksukeru

@yummylee said:

I know it's not an official Metroid game, but isn't there some indie Metroid-inspired game exclusive to PS4 that's basically what Mega No.9 is to Megaman? Least in terms of atmosphere and game design. Though I think it's also scheduled for like 2016 or something...

EDIT: Ah, here we go, I was referring to Axiom Verge.

And let's not forget Ghost Song: A Journey of Hope. That one could possibly be very cool also.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Metroid will come first, even if Sakamoto doesn't want to make it, Retro probably does. Capcom cancelled 3 Megaman projects for absolutely no reason (Legends 3, a Vanquish style FPS set in the X universe and Megaman Universe, the weird crossover thing) so if they want to make another Megaman game they will basically have to start from scratch, unless they do Megaman 11 but I don't think that counts.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metroid. It's owner is still in the business of releasing video games that aren't ports.