Michael Hogan Fundraiser

petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By petesix0

Just read about Canadian actor Michael Hogan, who you'd know if you saw him, and that's even if you don't remember him from BSG, Fargo or even as our beloved Mass Effect's Chief Armando-Owen Bailey. Apparently he suffered a bad fall in February of this year and while I don't want to post the details here for anyone squeamish, it seems his life has changed completely, in the midst of a really bad year. Things are tight and at this point anyone guessing what the rest of the year is going to look like will look foolish in record time, but I wanted to leave this here in case people find him in their thoughts after reading this.

Link to fundraiser: GoFundMe

Link to story: io9

(edited to include Bailey's full name because it's a cool name)

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Great actor. That's a shame to hear. He also looks shockingly like an older Brad Shoemaker, which is an odd aside, but no less true.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Terrible news. He also played key roles in Skyrim (the character name escapes me! The leader of the Imperials) and was the doctor in Fallout New Vegas who you encounter upon starting the game. Hope he’s able to find a road to recovery.

petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nateandrews: General Tullius, the man who orders your head to be chopped off at the beginning. He's been in a lot(But as a fan of international tv I can't quite believe he was never in Corner Gas), Michael Hogan IMDB

@sparky_buzzsaw: You are a bad person for this. But yeah. Maybe 30 years removed, on the run after breaking out of the home again because he can't stand the way those nurses coddle him. Going fishing with a rod fashioned out of a curtainrail.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petesix0: Walking to the creek with no shoes on, yelling "HWAT" at strangers until they back off because he remembered someone from work taught him that once.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, that really sucks. Didn't even hear about this until just now. Definitely a great character actor.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

He was great in BSG, and I'm always pleasantly surprised to hear him voicing a character in a game I'm playing. I hope he's able to get help and recover soon!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@petesix0: Really hope I didn't come across as awful for that comment. Certainly wasn't intended that way. But the first time I saw a livestream of Brad's, I thought, huh, that guy could be a relative of Michael Hogan's.

petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By petesix0

@sparky_buzzsaw: "Really hope I didn't come across as awful" - Not to me. I guess I'm just too used to chafing against an environment that doesn't appreciate being reminded of the passage of time(My home, not this site), and I was joking. I read your comment and was

No Caption Provided

Love Brad and I hope no-one has been put out by this. Also as a broader message, tyty to anyone who clicked through here, compassion is a thing in 2020. I'm sure Michael Hogan and his family appreciate it.

petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petesix0: Armando-Owen Shoemaker drops brush in bucket, tired in afternoon sun "I don't want to rush to judgement on this...but I am just not seeing the replayability of this at all. Every run is the same, there's no progression and the world-building is so slow-paced...Y'know? I feel sad to report that this fence is just not what I thought I was getting into"

(3of3)

petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7-day re-up. One. Ping. Only.

Regarding the fundraiser, last I checked they met their original goal but as this is looking like he might need rest-of-life care, I'm putting the link down here too. tyty again to those who click through.

Michael Hogan Fundraiser