bluhghhhhhh

Avatar image for slam_squatthrust
Slam_Squatthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good on them for doing the right thing. Bad on them for insulting their customers for the last month. They can kiss my ass and I'll hold on to my $500.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Frankly, we're really listening to all of our fan's feedback and improving on the things they love to create exciting and innovative experiences, be it the creative new drivatar system of Forza or playing against friends in Titanfall, or even sitting back and watching some classic TV. Xbox One will always be simple, instant and complete, which is what we aim for with all of our products.

Blueblur1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good interview. I'm disappointed danced around the Kinect requirement question though. That shit needs to go.

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I don't feel like Microsoft wasn't listening to us at all more along the lines of they seen the pre sales figures and listens to that.

I don't think this was about their consumers it was about their bottom line.

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A lot of real non-answers, here. I appreciate all the questions asked, but it still kind of bugs me that some things weren't answered explicitly, such as offline functionality. Sure, people will probably be connected, and thecloudhas some cool stuff, but he didn't answer the question of offline. I live in an area with terrible Internet connectivity and play single-player games; I desperately wanted to know the answer to how this connectivity malarkey affects that experience.

I'd be cool giving you money, Microsoft, but you're not doing much to make me feel like giving you money. :(

I think if you read the Xbox website on the matter it makes it very clear. The Xbox One will use the internet once when you start up the machine for a firmware/software update. After that if you want to go offline you can do it whenever you like.

If you cannot go online then games requiring the internet (ie: tapping into cloud computing, multiplayer game hosting/playing) then it's up to the publisher making the game if they want to use those features. Microsoft has no control over what game makers make.

So basically it's the same as it was only now you can download games on release day and never need a disk in drive to play (if you never bought a disk).

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DRIVATARS!

I'm sorry, I know this is a serious thing, but DRIVATARS!

Let's get Drivatarded in here.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a fucking PR robot this guy is...

Politicians and business execs. They all speak the exact same way.

Avatar image for internetdetective
InternetDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next doofus to point out the "amazon" typo gets punched in the taint.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@harabec said:

It's amazing not amazon!

Where's the proof-checking!?!?!

Wait, isn't that supposed to be proofreading?

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, well done Patrick. Gotta feel real good to go on the Chicago move with this bombshell under your belt! Great interview and good luck back home. As for the story im actually kind of bummed out about a lot of it. Have to guess that most people complaining either would but the console anyway or not buy it at all, feel like we lost some possibly cool stuff. Got to give it MS either way for sucking it up answering the masses even at the cost of other things. Pissed I now have to get off my ass to change discs still tho.

dezvous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@krakn3dfx: What else? He could be a human being. People love it the most when you give it to them straight.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Scoops is on fire today!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

A lot of real non-answers, here. I appreciate all the questions asked, but it still kind of bugs me that some things weren't answered explicitly, such as offline functionality. Sure, people will probably be connected, and thecloudhas some cool stuff, but he didn't answer the question of offline. I live in an area with terrible Internet connectivity and play single-player games; I desperately wanted to know the answer to how this connectivity malarkey affects that experience.

I'd be cool giving you money, Microsoft, but you're not doing much to make me feel like giving you money. :(

This is from the official update from Microsoft:

After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

Hope this answers your question mate.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hey guys did you notice it says amazon instead of amazing?

outerabiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a fucking PR robot this guy is...

Politicians and business execs. They all speak the exact same way.

it's straight up disgusting, someone should update this dudes drivers and add some realtalk to that programming.

utamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By utamaru
@internetdetective said:

does this mean It's still cool to point out the "Foza" error in the second last question? Not that I care but since we're all nitpicking I find it fascinating how everyone of you picked up on a typo I just glanced by and apparently my highly advanced brain found a better, more rare spelling error.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#120  Edited By turboman

Thank God that Drivatar is unharmed.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much of what Microsoft have been saying up until now reminds me of something...

Oh Yeah!

No Caption Provided

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good on them for doing the right thing. Bad on them for insulting their customers for the last month. They can kiss my ass and I'll hold on to my $500.

I don't think you even have $500 dollars. And Microsoft never "insulted" it's customers. It tried something new, and unlike all the comparisons to Steam when it launched, it didn't stick to it's guns. If Microsoft said the 24 hour check in is to combat piracy and help game manufacturers and it's only for online play", or better verbiage, not as many people would backlash. All Microsoft did was implement the cloud, which is coming, whether people like it or not, and try to push it. Essentially M+ pulled a Qwikster, the thing that nearly bankrupt Netflix because they wanted to push online, but Netflix had to pull out. Steam on the other hand spent years sticking to their policies and constantly changing and providing feedback, but never compromising on it's infrastructure that it set to create. Most companies will not put in that effort to get the huge reward. Which is why Steam is one of the most used gaming services around, and Sony forced Microsoft's hand. I'll get both consoles, just not at launch.

chose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By chose

Another employee well trained into not saying shit, but the talking points. Fuck him, and his drive-retard.

By the way, how is this a 8 minutes interview? It barely takes 5 to read.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#124  Edited By Rotnac

It's good that they're doing damage control but I'm still not sold just yet.

I want to be able to access my digital downloads purchased on my 360 (XBLA, GoD) on the XONE. I don't want "Xbox One Edition"s of the exact same shit I already own. There's certainly room for both to happen if they can do a 180 on this DRM stuff... Right?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By TruthTellah

Giant Bomb: Last question, and I'll let you go. How do you think Sony feels today?

http://i.imgur.com/NkQ5PpJ.gif

Sony: You nearly made it too easy... but I'll get you next time, Microsoft! Next time!

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By north6

@slam_squatthrust said:

I don't think you even have $500 dollars.

Yea fuck poor people. I'm with you moneyhat.

wait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By wait

Hey Patrick, awesome questions on what we really wanted to know; too bad Marc Whitten is like a PR ninja . I might not be the brightest light bulb in the hall but the only thing I really got out of that was maybe that family sharing might make a comeback and this whole DRM incident might have hit them in the wallet a lot harder than they thought it would. EITHER way great work today!

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Great job with the questions Patrick, it's too bad the answers seem to me to be a lot of PR spin.

mhd420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By mhd420

@rotnac: They are completely different architectures, you can't just magically provide backwards compatibility for that.

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@utamaru said:
@internetdetective said:

does this mean It's still cool to point out the "Foza" error in the second last question? Not that I care but since we're all nitpicking I find it fascinating how everyone of you picked up on a typo I just glanced by and apparently my highly advanced brain found a better, more rare spelling error.

I love Scoops, but since we're on the subject, the first paragraph/sentence isn't a complete thought ( or a sentence for that matter). It's all subject and no predicate. Just sayin'.

cool8man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By cool8man

Giant Bomb: Does that mean, specifically, the family sharing and stuff like that is not off the table, or just something we're not talking about for launch?

Whitten: We're talking about where we are at launch, and we'll continue to invest and deliver interesting, cool, new scenarios. We'll see where we go.

In other words, forget we ever mentioned digital game sharing and giving. You will never hear of these features ever again.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@rotnac said:

It's good that they're doing damage control but I'm still not sold just yet.

I want to be able to access my digital downloads purchased on my 360 (XBLA, GoD) on the XONE. I don't want "Xbox One Edition"s of the exact same shit I already own. There's certainly room for both to happen if they can do a 180 on this DRM stuff... Right?

They could... But they would make so much more money if you just bought it again.

Shingro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Shingro

Great! Now the PS4 is only cheaper, stronger, has indie self publishing, less certification red tape, no mandatory motion control bullshit and a superior online pay service! It's almost within view of a fight now!

c_c

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@north6 said:

@paindamnation said:

@slam_squatthrust said:

Yeah puck four people. I'm with you honeymat.

chose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gaming press should gather and decide to remove PR talk like that from their "publications".

Per example, this guy should have been shut down by the press after his first interview and none of his word published on any gaming website. "You speak shit, we silence you." Microsoft and others need that stage, and so you should remove it from under their feet when they blatantly use this website and others for their manipulative hypocritical bullshit. On top of that you could put M$ on a 1 week boycott, next PR bullshit interview, 1 month, next one, 1 year, let's see how they manage to get their message out then. Someone needs to show who's the boss in this relation, just like consumers did with their DRM.

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Dryker

I'm totally stoked that Scoops is moving to Chicago on this high. It'll make for a good buffer for being parted from the Bomb Crew.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot damn Hot Scoops!

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dryker said:

@north6 said:

@paindamnation said:

@slam_squatthrust said:

Yeah puck four people. I'm with you honeymat.

No Caption Provided

Ballin' like a star.

hellforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to drivatar my caratar.

Benmo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great interview Patrick, even though it was kind of what I expected to hear from Marc. My only issue was Marc saying, "drivatars." Maybe if it's said enough, like, "the cloud," I'll just submit to it.

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NFL!!

doomsder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By doomsder

you can tell how "frank" they were by the amount they used the damn word >.> whatever… A good thing for gamers ever regardless!

Avatar image for conduitfoursale
ConduitFourSale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am serious, and don't call me Frankly

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By YOU_DIED

Who's Frank?

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#145  Edited By Mystyr_E

that's one thing I always get from Microsoft employees: a lot of PR-ready language and the least offensive phrases possible filled with buzzwords. The Sony guy came across as just natural and willing to share info and holding back without it sounding rehearsed.

Remember when he was talking about the GoT finale for season 2 and commented how expensive that last shot was? Awkwarrrrdd!

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#146  Edited By striderno9

Good job, Patrick, well you tried.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#147  Edited By golguin

They can still do "family sharing" with digital copies of games since those will be tied to your account. I wonder why they don't want to do that anymore. It couldn't have been a form of damage control for their anti consumer policies that they decided to pull since there is no longer a need to control that damage.

hooberschmit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By doing amazon things that only the cloud could let you do, do you think he means shooting 30 arrows in a circle around you with one bow string pull? Or perhaps he meant that you could find 30 foot giant anacondas slithering out of your television and into your living room.

Tupacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cool8man: dont think that means that at all

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great interview Patrick, on top of breaking this scorching hot story to begin with. Safe travels to Chicago!