MiSTer Gerstmann SDRAM v1.0

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ozzie

After being introduced to the MiSTer by Jeff's stream, I've been wanting to dive into the development side of it. I have a few ideas but they're pretty big, so I wanted to start with something small and fun. Figured no better way to start then by making a GB themed SDRAM board!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Just ordered the board components, once they come in I'll assembly my first one. I plan to send a fully built one out to @jeff but if I find out any of the other GB crew is starting to mess around with the MiSTer, I'll send them one too.

NOTE: I am not selling these since I'm using GB's logo's and other art I found via their wiki. This was strictly for fun/personal use. I was going to post the board data online via github for people to order on their own, but given this has pacman on it I don't know if that'll fly...

I plan to make some more GB themed boards in the future, some will be for the MiSTer but others will just be one off things. I'll post about more about those as they come out.

Update: Header pins are still incoming but I soldered on the SMD parts that came in way faster than expected. I don't have a nice camera with a macro lens so I had use my magnifying glass to get a "good" shot of the pins. @rocketblast0063

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ganonmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This is a neat design! What kind of tools did you use to design/print this board?

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By gkhan

That's pretty awesome.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganonmaster: Thanks! The board tool is KiCAD, which is great because it's completely free and pretty simple to use. Plus, it's really easy to import images. So you can use any tool, like photoshop, to edit/draw an image and copy it to your board.

@gkhan Thanks!

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Very cool.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice start, can't wait for some close ups of the SMD soldering later on.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers